Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

After thinking about it for a while, I think Peter Pan seems to be OLC's answer to Universal's Spiderman ride in USJ. The Peter Pan ride looks like a modern take on that attraction. I guess OLC's turn to cash in on a ride like that while people wait for the USJ redo of that ride.
I believe it was the answer for Super nintendo world and Donkey kong.

Donkey Kong area was supposed to open at the same timeline as Fantasy Springs But USJ decided not to clash with DIsney Due to the scale and the magnitude of Marketing the OLC and WDC is going to put out.

Space Mountain Re-do will be the answer to USJ unannounced Pokemon ride /Jurassic re-do coming to the park.

BrianLo

Aren't the majority of TDR visitors from Kanto? I don't think USJ really matters in the grand scheme of things to their attendance patterns.

Orlando poisons the well in making these two operators seem more in competition than they are.

SweetDuffy101

Aren't the majority of TDR visitors from Kanto? I don't think USJ really matters in the grand scheme of things to their attendance patterns.

Orlando poisons the well in making these two operators seem more in competition than they are.
Fun fact, Majority maybe from Kanto but people outside of the region are willing to spend more money going to TDR and OLC always pushes the markets around Kansai, Chugoku and Kyushu Region and of course foreign visitors.

One of the reasons why OLC spends so much money on marketing and Doing Nationwide Parades and promotions.
Furthermore OLC and USJ likes to troll at each other by doing mega marketing on opposite major station.

For Example USJ doing the NO LIMIT campaign IN TOKYO Stations Keiyo Line or TDR Doing the Dream-Go-Round campaign in in Shin-Osaka station or participating in Disney Music & fireworks Festival in occired last summer near USJ.

All in all its a friendly competition and its not like they dont like each other. Theyre Just 2 distant relatives.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Indeed. According to the guest demographics posted by OLC, approximately 80% of guests were from Kanto in 2021. Pre-pandemic, Kanto was closer to 65% on average with around 10% from overseas and 6-7% from the Kansai region.

In the Parks
No
@SweetDuffy101 Someone in the Splash Mountain threads has been saying that they heard from an OLC exec ( 😉 ) that Splash Mountain in Tokyo will be redone in the same way Space Mountain is being done (demolished and rebuilt) with the same SOTS storyline. Have you heard anything at about this or should it be dismissed as hogwash? It smells like hogwash to me.

SweetDuffy101

@SweetDuffy101 Someone in the Splash Mountain threads has been saying that they heard from an OLC exec ( 😉 ) that Splash Mountain in Tokyo will be redone in the same way Space Mountain is being done (demolished and rebuilt) with the same SOTS storyline. Have you heard anything at about this or should it be dismissed as hogwash? It smells like hogwash to me.
im not going to speak about Splash until we see what happens in a few years.🙉🙊🙈

and i see and hear things from afar.😉

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Color me skeptical as well. It seems blasphemous to tear down such a gorgeous facade for no reason.

SweetDuffy101

Um yeah so they did this The fantasy begins show both Local Major Broadcasting network Fuji TV and Youtube livestream.

and There were parts were cut from the TV Version. A Choir and Orchestra live version of Tokyo DisneySea THEME song. A Special speech from OLC CEO and Representative From WDC. And Live crowds. so far its the same. But OMG the TV VERSION was superior especially in HDR10

ThemeParkTraveller

I'm interested to see the impact on attendance Fantasy Springs has. This is the biggest project to open there since TDS. Granted, the resort is still not operating under full capacity.

SweetDuffy101

Opening Ceremony photo Op

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 53

ThemeParkTraveller

So as expected, almost all the DPA and Standby Passes for Fantasy Springs were gone before the park even officially opened. Anybody without a vacation package or not staying at the new hotel will probably need to be at the gates several hours before opening to have a shot at entering Fantasy Springs.

SweetDuffy101

So as expected, almost all the DPA and Standby Passes for Fantasy Springs were gone before the park even officially opened. Anybody without a vacation package or not staying at the new hotel will probably need to be at the gates several hours before opening to have a shot at entering Fantasy Springs.

Incorrect, By the way OLC is doing a staggered based system where they monitor on how many tickets are day going to release throughout the day, its unannounced of course and its to be fair for people who are didnt get to the park early.

like for today they did 3-4 staggered release of DPA for Frozen and Rapunzel.

This is a fair game so people dont have to arrive to early before park opening and giving chances to the people who comes to the park at a later timeline.

tanc

Someone on a different site found a work around that apparently you can use multiple devices on the same account and easily secure passes. I have a feeling it will be patched though, sounds like a bannable thing to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom