Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

BasiltheBatLord

I was able to experience Fantasy Springs today, went in spoiler free.

Overall I give the land itself an 8/10 and the attractions collectively a 6/10.

Frozen was the only ride that I thought was all around solid. The environments suffer a bit from the open warehouse-y feel that a lot of WDI attractions have recently, but it has a lot of AAs and figures, quite a few impressive practical effects and the backwards motion and mini-drops keep it feeling fresh and exciting (plus it's LONG!). It's really funny/weird how much it feels inspired by Maelstrom despite being a custom build, with all of the backwards sections etc.

Peter Pan was whatever. It's "fine" but it just wasn't what I expect from a Disney attraction. Feels more like a Universal ride. Shame because I liked the art direction and queue and the fact that they went for a classic Disney film ride in the 2020s, which is actually kind of a bold move especially with there already being a Pan ride in the other park.

Tangled was unbelievably underwhelming because of its unacceptably short length. It starts strong, every scene is very good, but there's three scenes total and then the ride is over. It's extremely disappointing. However my boat was filled with teenage girls taking photos and videos of every single thing so maybe its accomplishing its objective. Feels almost more like an Instagram photo op exhibit than a theme park attraction.

I liked the land itself a lot, it's very well built and aesthetically pleasing. The rock work and waterfalls are an interesting motif. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the theme of DisneySea and feels very disconnected from the rest of the park, but I guess we're long past the point of that mattering to the company. All in all I'm glad that this project is finally finished and that TDS is finally close to a full day park 23 years after opening. But still disappointed in the attractions output from WDI as of late. Interested what's next for TDR as they pretty much used their last major expansion pad on Fantasy Springs.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

How on earth would you consider TDS not a full day park, even without Fantasy Springs?
I always struggled to fill an open-close day there. TDS has always struggled with a relative lack of attractions. With FS and Believe, I think it's finally now a true open to close park, or if not then at least it's very close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom