To Lift Your Spirits Up(date)

PotteryGal

I was thinking more along the lines of the Hobbits returning to the shire to find "Sharkey" in control.

Yes, that would have been good too, although 'Return' was the longest film, and that would have made it even longer. It's still my favorite, though. :)
And the music for all three was indeed incredible. As I said before, a mention in GMR would be good, I just don't want to see a whole attraction based on it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Darker, yes...but an epic battle of Good vs. Evil, including messianic overtones. In reality, I don't see it as any darker than The Chronicles of Narnia (with a less overt messianic message, if you ask me...in LOTR, you need to study, or at least read the trillogy more than once, to really see it).

Oh...and by the way...I see the same basic story and the same message (yeah, including the messianic overtones) in the Star Wars story.
That's my opinion, of course...and probably a bit biased on this subject, since I have written a number of papers on such in Lit classes a while ago (ok...about a decade or so...) and then defended them in class. I also wrote on Baseball in literature (which I got serious laughs in class...until I made the kids in the class think...I was 25 in a sophmore lit class)

I think any of these would be good for Disney to use...but the creatures in LOTR could probably be more upsetting to children.

Kevin
You are quite correct about this. For all intents and purposes Star Wars is modern mythology.

Figment571

Were the heads that changed supposed to be grooms? Also, was there anything else supposed to change at night? Any possible way we will see the other sides of them?

If this person was Walt unfrozen, I think we would know about it... and he would probably drool over the internet.

But anyway, thanks for the update, I thought the MCP might have cut out sector 7 acces.:p

Gorjus

I too am a fan of these updates from a possible insider. I do, however, question the TL rumor. All summer long I was a cast member at TL and purposely made a couple of trips to the area that he described. I saw nothing going on at all. I heard no info that anything new was coming, although that in itself is no proof of anything. (I hear about updates in my department when they get posted on the cast TV. :shrug: :lol: ) Now just to be sure I checked out the correct area, I entered backstage at Shark Reef area and walked the road toward Crush and Gusher. There is a cast area on the right, what I assume is the bone yard on the left and further down the road is a basketball court on the left. The closest thing I saw to anything new was a few months back there was a wire sculpture being constructed backstage near Ketchakiddie Creek. I never did figure out what it was for, but it is gone now. Now having said all this, I haven't been to TL for 2 weeks, so new stuff could be happening.

Epcotian

Thank God he went to New line. A 3 hour LOTR film would have been absolute heresy. Even at a length of more than 12 hours (SE DVD) there are still a few pieces of the books that I would have loved to have seen make it into the final cut.

Completely agree. A big part of the excitement over the movies for those of us who love the books was being able to have a few moments to "look around" the scenes. I spend the biggest part of my time when watching scenes like those in Moria looking everywhere except at the characters. Just a great job done by Jackson. He did a much better job of lingering over great visual scenes than is being done in the Potter films.

djkidkaz

You can have a moderator check our IPs - you'll find that I am not the same person, nor do I have the same writing style.

Yeah, I have an IP address at my house, one at work, one at school, there all different, yet Im the same person. And the fact that your trying to point out a different writing style like that is some definitive proof just points to your continued nonsense. Just a warning guys, your going to be bamboozled again by this troll.

cdunbar

So this guy had 3 usernames and used the other two to make re sound more reliable....is this true?:confused:

Man this is becoming very confusing

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So this guy had 3 usernames and used the other two to make re sound more reliable....is this true?:confused:

Man this is becoming very confusing

The only way to know for sure is IP checks.

Even then it's not a foolproof method.

Let's not be judge and jury so quickly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom