To Lift Your Spirits Up(date)

Dizknee_Phreek

Lord of the Rings is a very involved story. Though popular it doesn't appeal to the masses the way others may (Star Wars, Indy, etc...) in my opinion.

It is also a much darker film franchise and again, it wouldn't appeal to that many (especially younger guests).

How does one of the highest-grossing trilogies of all time not appeal the the masses? Granted, many people couldn't bare to sit through over 9 hours of story...but, then, many people don't like sci-fi fantasies, either. Granted, not everyone likes LotR...but not everyone likes westerns or the Alien movies, either. You can never please everyone...but LotR has enough appeal to make it work in GMR. After all, it's not like the whole attraction would be based on it...just one scene. And I know a lot of younger people who really enjoyed the movies.

I certainly do not want to see more Pirates in there, though. To me, it would be redundant. They already have PotC at the MK. No need to have it in MGM (...DHS), too. I would really like to see at least one new scene in GMR based on a movie that does not already have an attraction.

cdunbar

I really had no interest in seeing SW but I went and saw it with a group of friends, thinking I was seeing something else, but I mean in all actuality it wasn't that bad I mean I dunno about LOTR but from what I've heard it's very well made

lilclerk

Wow.
What the heck happened in here? :lol:

I, for one, don't really care if this guy's for real or not. At least he stirs up some conversation on these dull days.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow.
What the heck happened in here? :lol:

I, for one, don't really care if this guy's for real or not. At least he stirs up some conversation on these dull days.
The same thing that always happens every time ReDisniey E-Dew starts a new thread....20 legitimate posts about his rumors and 100 posts about if he is the real deal or not.

MojoMax

Yikes!! Some folks here need a life!! :fork: I also could care less of his credibility. I enjoy the updates and would like them to be accurate as the next Disney fan however I also just enjoy the debates over them. I fail to see any point in trying to derail personally the one who supplies us the nuggets of info. :shrug: I shall read on and enjoy but sincerely hope not to see anymore nasty comments from those "others".

DisneyDavO

Wow. I make a perfectly nice post summing up what has happened so far, and it gets yanked???

That's rough.

There must have been a lot of "yanking" going on! I just read this entire thread and I am thoroughly confused! I went back several times thinking I had missed a post (or a page) before I realized some posts must have been pulled. I dont know how informative or accurate this thread was, but it was certainly entertaining:lol:.

Captain Chaos

There must have been a lot of "yanking" going on! I just read this entire thread and I am thoroughly confused! I went back several times thinking I had missed a post (or a page) before I realized some posts must have been pulled. I dont know how informative or accurate this thread was, but it was certainly entertaining:lol:.

This thread went way off base.... I did notice that at least a few posts were yanked.... But that's OK.... Now maybe we can get back to discussing these rumors and possible changes.....

cdunbar

I totally understand I went to bed last night and in bed tried to read these posts to answer a few questions and there was like a lot of info missing, I mean a post I even made a coment on that the cut so I dunno:shrug:

Buried20KLeague

This thread went way off base.... I did notice that at least a few posts were yanked.... But that's OK.... Now maybe we can get back to discussing these rumors and possible changes.....

But that's what I don't get. It seems natural to me that discussing the rumors and possible changes go hand in hand with discussing what people think about the legitimacy of those rumors and where they came from. :shrug:

And of course I asked the webmaster why my post was yanked, and of course I won't hear a thing.

Buried20KLeague

I totally understand I went to bed last night and in bed tried to read these posts to answer a few questions and there was like a lot of info missing, I mean a post I even made a coment on that the cut so I dunno:shrug:

I think if the thread is going to get all cut up, the whole thing should be closed, personally. One or two posts is different, but when you censor entire ideas brought to the table, then what's the point?

PhilharMagician

Wow. I make a perfectly nice post summing up what has happened so far, and it gets yanked???

That's rough.

Yeah, I just read through it after it came through in an E-mail. I went on to comment and it was POOOOOOFFFFFFF GGGGOOOOOOONNNNNNEEEE. I did not see anything harsh in it, in fact it was well written and not sarcastic in anyway. :shrug:

Oh well. Thanks for the summary. :wave:

Keep the updates coming ReDew. True or not they give us something to read and comment on.:lol:

Buried20KLeague

Yeah, I just read through it after it came through in an E-mail. I went on to comment and it was POOOOOOFFFFFFF GGGGOOOOOOONNNNNNEEEE. I did not see anything harsh in it, in fact it was well written and not sarcastic in anyway. :shrug:

Oh well. Thanks for the summary. :wave:

Keep the updates coming ReDew. True or not they give us something to read and comment on.:lol:

Thanks. :wave: At least I know someone read it before it was shot down.

JimboJones123

HAHAHA Mods got ya twistin in the wind!!!!! This is getting better and better. I think the mods should also take out every 13th character in everybody's posts. 13 is such an unlucky number.

No big news here, but as I wandered past the Haunted Mansion around 1:30pm today there was a man out front taking many pictures. While that may seem very normal, the man was wearing a hard hat with "Imagineer" across the back of it. We never saw the gates open and from what we could see there were many people working on the HM exterior. I just found it rather interesting that this Imagineer was out taking pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom