To Lift Your Spirits Up(date)

CoffeeJedi

I'm going to throw a totally unsubstantiated and wild idea out there. I believe our dear Mr. E-dew works in marketing. Specifially, internet marketing. Viral marketing.
Major corporations have been paying people to talk up their products on message boards for years. Now they're even paying people to edit Wikipedia entries. I think the Mouse is employing our friend here to drop little tantalizing nuggets of information our way in order to get us talking (and get us buying).
Now the real question is, would it matter? He'd still be an officially offical certified bonafied Disney Company employee. He'd still be telling us the truth. He'd just be telling the official company-line version of the truth, but the truth nonetheless.

Hm.

JimboJones123

I'm going to throw a totally unsubstantiated and wild idea out there. I believe our dear Mr. E-dew works in marketing. Specifially, internet marketing. Viral marketing.
Major corporations have been paying people to talk up their products on message boards for years. Now they're even paying people to edit Wikipedia entries. I think the Mouse is employing our friend here to drop little tantalizing nuggets of information our way in order to get us talking (and get us buying).
Now the real question is, would it matter? He'd still be an officially offical certified bonafied Disney Company employee. He'd still be telling us the truth. He'd just be telling the official company-line version of the truth, but the truth nonetheless.

Hm.
I bet him and the suits have a meeting tomorrow and go through these posts and just laugh at the people saying he should be fired for doing what his job description clearly state. HAHAHA :lol:

I called "plant" on the first post, and if I'm right -- Congrats Disney, you are doing something right. If I'm not, Disney, you gotta start working more like the other movies studios.

CSUFSteve

Nice update Dew!

Hey Fresno steve, you have the time to go to DL every month? Lucky...:ROFLOL:

Haha, is there a CSU in Fresno?? Actually, I meant Fullerton aka Cal State Disneyland, and yeah, I did work there during my CSUF days! :)

Actually, I live in San Jose now but, yeah, still a DL passholder. And yeah, I actually do average about once a month - sometimes more, sometimes less.

CSUFSteve

I called "plant" on the first post, and if I'm right -- Congrats Disney, you are doing something right. If I'm not, Disney, you gotta start working more like the other movies studios.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me. It's pretty well known that Disney strategically uses the Internet to its advantage at times, "leaking" info when it's part of an advantageous strategy for Disney to do so. Of course, sometimes Disney also gets annoyed when info it doesn't want circulated gets circulated. Awww, poor Disney :)

CaptainMichael

- The Haunted Mansion update is essentially complete. If you are lucky, you may get to volunteer for some testings that we will be running from time to time until the official opening. If the gate is open, that's your cue. However, there will be no "soft openings," nor will there be any announcements as to when our guest tests with the ghost host will be.
Thanks, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow after work!
I'm 100% sure that Iger doesn't even know the name of SSE.
I wouldn't be so bold.

I am at the world now and hope to be one if the lucky guest to test it. I will be makeig at stop at mk every day now. Wish me luck
Maybe I'll see you:wave:

DisneySaint

Hm.

Try, instead, that he is just a fan who gathers info from across the net (most of which is well-known) and then claims he is the one who broke the info. I will be impressed when we hear something completely off-base that has yet to be reported anywhere and then it proves to be true. Until then, innocent until proven guilty.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Lord of the Rings is a very involved story. Though popular it doesn't appeal to the masses the way others may (Star Wars, Indy, etc...) in my opinion.

It is also a much darker film franchise and again, it wouldn't appeal to that many (especially younger guests).

I think if Alien was an ok scene in the GMR, people could deal with the darkness of LoTR...:ROFLOL:

Iakona

Try, instead, that he is just a fan who gathers info from across the net (most of which is well-known) and then claims he is the one who broke the info. I will be impressed when we hear something completely off-base that has yet to be reported anywhere and then it proves to be true. Until then, innocent until proven guilty.

Well, I have not seen mention anywhere else on the net that HM was opening for small scal guest testing. However our friend knew soemthing;

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2467837#post2467837

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks for the link to a guest's impressions. By the way, when the guest mentions:

"Also, a lot of the popping up heads have been changed and look more comical than frightening now which was disappointing. A few of the heads now pop out directly at you instead of just into the air, which I wasn't expecting and made me jump."

Those are the pop-ups that were meant to go in the attic scene but were deemed too frightening for children. They're now much farther away in the graveyard scene. Also, if you'll look closely you may be able to see that the comical appearing heads have a frightening face on the back of their cranium... you can check my old posts to see what that was for.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the link to a guest's impressions. By the way, when the guest mentions:

"Also, a lot of the popping up heads have been changed and look more comical than frightening now which was disappointing. A few of the heads now pop out directly at you instead of just into the air, which I wasn't expecting and made me jump."

Those are the pop-ups that were meant to go in the attic scene but were deemed too frightening for children. They're now much farther away in the graveyard scene. Also, if you'll look closely you may be able to see that the comical appearing heads have a frightening face on the back of their cranium... you can check my old posts to see what that was for.
Will this scarier nighttime conversion be a reality in the near future or is it more of a case that the heads were already done two sided before the idea was shelved?

ToTBellHop

Will this scarier nighttime conversion be a reality in the near future or is it more of a case that the heads were already done two sided before the idea was shelved?
I believe the latter...unfortunate, really, but it IS the Magic Kingdom...at least they kept the decapitating husbands...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
If letting you know that I've been in SSE gives anything away about what I do, then you're more clever than the people I work with (or me for that matter). Employees hide hidden mickeys all the time which are not necessarily stationary or "official."
thanks for the updates.... have you seen the new final 3 scenes?

Thelazer

Can we just give it a rest about who he is!

He doesn't troll here, he doesn't seem to want "praise" or "attention" nor does he get sucked into long drawn out “I’m better than you” arguments. He simply posts some very key nuggets once every couple months and then goes away.

Simply put, he is either an imagineer or a marketing person. Either way, he is not going to tell us who he "really" is. Nor will there be a meet and great, nor will you be able to find him in the park and get his autograph.

Let’s just be happy with the updates he provides. His posts are of more value than most of the other junk being posts around here these days.
:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom