To Lift Your Spirits Up(date)

JimboJones123

Since he pretty much narrowed down what his job is in the company and isn't worried about any "danger" he may have put himself in, can we please do without the NDA/Gonna get fired talk for just once? Please???

Re -- thanks again for the post.

cmatt

Since he pretty much narrowed down what his job is in the company and isn't worried about any "danger" he may have put himself in, can we please do without the NDA/Gonna get fired talk for just once? Please???

Re -- thanks again for the post.

seconded, be greatful he gives you an update!

thanks mate, nice to hear about typhoon lagoon especially :king:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Thanks for the post. Didn't I see in another thread where they are talking about leaving AK open later in the evening and even talking about a nighttime signature show? This would go with that rumor.

I'd love to see AK at night. I'm sure the animals won't be happy about it though. :)

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
If letting you know that I've been in SSE gives anything away about what I do, then you're more clever than the people I work with (or me for that matter). Employees hide hidden mickeys all the time which are not necessarily stationary or "official."

Buried20KLeague

This post was awfully vague and very generic... And was also used to back off a couple statements he made earlier.

I've been a fan on the past couple posts, but kinda feel like this one might not have done him any favors. :shrug:

WDWFigment

This post was awfully vague and very generic... And was also used to back off a couple statements he made earlier.

I've been a fan on the past couple posts, but kinda feel like this one might not have done him any favors. :shrug:

Things fall through all the time; especially in blue sky/negotiation stages. It's better he back off them himself before word comes from elsewhere suggesting the original rumor was off-base.

Thanks for the news! I look forward to finding the hidden mickey in SSE, and I am envious of those who are selected to test-drive HM!

JimboJones123

If letting you know that I've been in SSE gives anything away about what I do, then you're more clever than the people I work with (or me for that matter). Employees hide hidden mickeys all the time which are not necessarily stationary or "official."
So officialy we have it narrowed down to somebody that works at Disney. Could be a Future World CM that ducks under velvet ropes, or Iger himself. Keep the mystery rolling. Re, you're turning into one of the most interesting posters on the board for sure. I love to see the views on the posts go up by 1000+ in an hour when you post. All good fun. :animwink:

Champion

So officialy we have it narrowed down to somebody that works at Disney. Could be a Future World CM that ducks under velvet ropes, or Iger himself. Keep the mystery rolling. Re, you're turning into one of the most interesting posters on the board for sure. I love to see the views on the posts go up by 1000+ in an hour when you post. All good fun. :animwink:

I'm 100% sure that Iger doesn't even know the name of SSE.

JWG

This is true, can't assume he's an Imagineer because he lays claim to a hidden Mickey (case in point - the infamous HM Mickey at the dining room table, I don't even call it hidden because it's just not hidden).

He coule be sweeping up construction dust for all we know! And leaving it in 3 ajoined piles in Rome :lol:

JWG

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: I don't think any suits have since Frank Wells Died...

Well, I'm confident McPhee knows the name as he signs off on the huge crane bill for the wand removal. So maybe... :shrug: ... nah... couldn't be...

:p :p

darthjohnny

If I'm not mistaken, the Pirates rumor was basically a fan creation that stemmed from this very rumor about Lord of the Rings. The original vague tidbit we were given here (don't remember the source--was it you, E-Dew?) said to expect a GMR scene based on a popular trilogy that centered around a piece of jewelry. To many it was obvious that it was LotR, but a lot of Pirate fans went off the plank and swore that it had to be PotC (because of...the Aztec gold?). So this is basically our confirmation that it was indeed LotR. I highly doubt Disney is considering adding Pirates to GMR.

I guess so. But the Pirate rumor has been around before "E-Dew" posted.

I think it would work very nicely though. It would be awesome if they could do a Kraken attack, Maelstrom scene, or the fight on the Giant Wheel.

Curious. Why wouldn't LotR fit in with Disney? If Star Wars, Indy Jones and the "bad boys from Boston" (Aerosmith) fit then certainly LotR would too.

I for one would've loved to have seen a LotR tie in. Of course, if a major Narnia attraction would be put in, I'd be happy (but I'm not holding my breath.)

Lord of the Rings is a very involved story. Though popular it doesn't appeal to the masses the way others may (Star Wars, Indy, etc...) in my opinion.

It is also a much darker film franchise and again, it wouldn't appeal to that many (especially younger guests).

comics101

I may be one of the few, but I'm kind of thankful Disney didn't get LotR. It never appealed to me. I always found it slow and boering, and though I'm not a huge SW fan, I really do love Star Tours and hope the new one only improves what was there. I would also love to see Indy brought in to DHS more. I think it's sort of a good thing Disney lost LotR and is now working double time to get GL.

cdunbar

One has to wonder what our dear Disney Insider here does...is he just a run of the mill CM or is he something much much more. My curosity is being peaked one again...:shrug:

CSUFSteve

Why do we have to know what the guy does?? Whether he works for Disney or not, whether his info is spot on, planted, or full of it, whether he's 3rd shift custodial or Walt Disney unfrozen - who cares? We can't know for certain and it's our personal view of the potential validity that's more interesting anyway. That's what fires up every discussion we have here! :)

That said, yeah, it'd be great to have AK open later more often other than just EMH. I still have yet to ride Everest at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom