To cruise or not to cruise...

JCtheparrothead

Original Poster
Hello everyone. Just wanted to get some opinions from the gang here. I currently have reservations at the Beach Club for a week starting on November 24th. I will be in the world for 2 weeks after that in our families condo at Bonnett Creek, so i have some time to get my WDW fix. I was checking out cruise prices and a 7 night is about 1000.00 less for my family and i thought it would be a neat surprise to go on a cruise instead. My question is by the time i would be going i will have a 1.5 year old and a 3.5 year old. Is that too young for the boat or traveling off the boat at the ports? Would it be better to wait another year or two?

Disneyfalcon

To cruise is always the answer!! :)

We have been on a cruise with children that age. The only thing about having them that young is that the 1 year old can't go in the kids clubs, you would have to pay for babysitting if you wanted some alone time. If that doesn't bother you, or you weren't planning on much alone time, then go for it!

We all had so much fun with the little ones in our group.

sweetpee_1993

You know me, I'm gonna say "To Cruise!" :p

Especially if you haven't been on a Disney cruise before, it's truly something worth trying. The cruises have soooo much to offer. Like Tammy said, the littlest monkey won't be big enough for the kids' clubs just yet but you do have the option of booking some nursery time if you want some alone-time. I guess you'd be in the same boat (hahaha..great pun) at WDW if you went that route. Right? So what do you have to lose other than the $1k??? Right?

ChuckElias

You're not going to get many unbiased opinions in this forum, I'm afraid. The answer is obviously "Cruise", especially if it's cheaper. (Does that $1000 include meals you'd have to buy while in the condo?)

Enjoy!

JCtheparrothead

Original Poster
Thanks for your input everyone. I guess i am lucky and get the best of both worlds. Booked the cruise for the 24th and bought my tix for WDW for the two weeks after i get back. Gonna be a good vacation. My bank account just took a hit though!!!

sweetpee_1993

Thanks for your input everyone. I guess i am lucky and get the best of both worlds. Booked the cruise for the 24th and bought my tix for WDW for the two weeks after i get back. Gonna be a good vacation. My bank account just took a hit though!!!

Well, yeah, but I'm sure you'll be happy about that hit when you get there. Which ship did you book???

Snowmagic

You won't regret it, we are in the process of deciding what to do for our next trip & the cruise is the ONLY thing on my mind. Cruise..Cruise..Cruise..Cruise
Enjoy :)

okw2006

I'm with the majority and say CRUISE! I think the whole family will have a blast and hopefully the temp will be mild and the wind calm. Have Fun!

tiaragirl

Cruise AND save $1000? You just sold me, where do I sign up?

Seriously though, to cruise with Disney is an amazing and fun experience! The shows are stellar, the entertainment is quality, and the food is unreal! Condo, schmondo - try something new!

ChuckElias

Cruise AND save $1000? You just sold me, where do I sign up?

Seriously though, to cruise with Disney is an amazing and fun experience! The shows are stellar, the entertainment is quality, and the food is unreal! Condo, schmondo - try something new!
Pretty hard to argue with that logic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom