Tired of these people

Gillyanne

I'm somewhat surprised that the ride didn't stop when the cockwomble jumped into the show scene. As mentioned, Hoot and Chief stayed out of sight, and figured out that Horizons was the one ride (at the time) where there weren't pressure sensors (I believe?) that would stop the ride if they were triggered. I would have thought that meant SSE had those sensors, but I'll defer to others on that.

I suspect it was already stopped, and that's why the person thought they could. The videos show posted at 3:44; not sure how immediate they were posted, but the article says:

Data from thrill-data.com shows that the attraction was closed around 3:30pm this afternoon.

so that's right before being posted, and the video included, the poster doesn't seem to be moving. No idea how long it was stopped, didn't look deeper than the video embedded.

BobPar

I find it amazing how people always look to “justify” actions like this instead of holding people responsible for their idiotic actions and even if this person had some disability it does not give them a “pass” ill go 1 step further and say whoever he was with should be held equally responsible for not being more aware to ensure this doesnt happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm somewhat surprised that the ride didn't stop when the cockwomble jumped into the show scene. As mentioned, Hoot and Chief stayed out of sight, and figured out that Horizons was the one ride (at the time) where there weren't pressure sensors (I believe?) that would stop the ride if they were triggered. I would have thought that meant SSE had those sensors, but I'll defer to others on that.

I suspect it was already stopped, and that's why the person thought they could. The videos show posted at 3:44; not sure how immediate they were posted, but the article says:

so that's right before being posted, and the video included, the poster doesn't seem to be moving. No idea how long it was stopped, didn't look deeper than the video embedded.
It’s very likely the guest triggered the SSE intrusion system. Ride would have stopped if it hadn’t already and spiels would sound. It’s a ball ache but cast would have to do a track walk (and thus inconvenience everyone in the building). They would know the general area of intrusion. If they also found who did it, either by catching them or being told, the vehicle number would be noted and a GSM would be waiting at unload once the ride had restarted. From there it’s out of front line casts hands.

Angel Ariel

I find it amazing how people always look to “justify” actions like this instead of holding people responsible for their idiotic actions and even if this person had some disability it does not give them a “pass” ill go 1 step further and say whoever he was with should be held equally responsible for not being more aware to ensure this doesnt happen.
No one was saying it gives them a pass. Not judging someone does not equal giving them a pass.

Angel Ariel

If someone is looking to make an excuse for this behavior that implies they are willing to give them a pass… at least that how i take it. This isnt just a Disney problem its a society problem. Noone ever wants to take responsibility for their actions.
Suggesting the possibility of a person having a disability isn’t “looking for an excuse” - it’s simply a caution against a rush of judgement on a situation in which none of us know the full information.

Rushing to judgment without facts is also a big societal problem right now.

BobPar

Suggesting the possibility of a person having a disability isn’t “looking for an excuse” - it’s simply a caution against a rush of judgement on a situation in which none of us know the full information.

Rushing to judgment without facts is also a big societal problem right now.
Yes rushing to judgement is 100% a problem i totally agree But watching a video of some moron on SE sitting with an AA which means he hopped out of a vehicle he should not have is one i feel we can make a judgement on. Like i said even if he had some disability then whoever he was with should have been well aware and prevented this from happening either by paying more attention or what not… either way someone should be held responsible for his actions.

Angel Ariel

Isn't that the very definition of giving them a pass?

No. No one said Disney shouldn’t apply appropriate consequences according to their rules, which we all agree to upon entry. That would be holding someone accountable. And suggesting that shouldn’t happen would be giving them a pass. But no one has suggested that.

Internet judgment isn’t holding anyone accountable for anything 🤷‍♀️

BobPar

No. No one said Disney shouldn’t apply appropriate consequences according to their rules, which we all agree to upon entry. That would be holding someone accountable. And suggesting that shouldn’t happen would be giving them a pass. But no one has suggested that.

Internet judgment isn’t holding anyone accountable for anything 🤷‍♀️
So can i ask you a question? What should be the punishment for this incident? Either way unless Disney makes an example out of him which they should it deters noone else from being an idiot. And as i said if there was some disability then whoever was with him should be held accountable as well.

Angel Ariel

So can i ask you a question? What should be the punishment for this incident? Either way unless Disney makes an example out of him which they should it deters noone else from being an idiot. And as i said if there was some disability then whoever was with him should be held accountable as well.
I honestly don’t know what disneys typical response to this is, so I can’t say. But it’s not like this is the first time this has ever happened. I’m sure Disney has a process for determining consequences - they should follow it and apply them.

BobPar

I honestly don’t know what disneys typical response to this is, so I can’t say. But it’s not like this is the first time this has ever happened. I’m sure Disney has a process for determining consequences - they should follow it and apply them.
I asked what should be the punishment? Not what Disney typically does… im curious what you feel should happen?

Angel Ariel

I asked what should be the punishment? Not what Disney typically does… im curious what you feel should happen?
Not having any idea of what the spectrum of options is, what basis would I have to speculate, and what purpose does it serve? I’ve clearly indicated multiple times now the person should absolutely face consequences from Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom