Tired of Disney

New2WDW

Ditto!

cj2me said:
It's only been 2 months since I was there and I am trying to fit in another trip. This website helps me get through the Disney Blues until I go "home" again. It's not necessarily about the rides or the shows, it's about the FEELING you have when you are there.

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO :)

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

bbll24 said:
I was just wondering, don't some of you get tired and sick of WDW? For those of you who live in Florida and go every weekend, doesn't it get kind of boring and less appealing?

I live in Indiana and my family typically goes every 2 or 3 years and that's plenty for all of us. Going every three years keeps you excited about going to WDW and you still feel like it is special.

If I went every weekend or even once a year, I would be thinking, "Meh, we're back at Disneyworld." I can understand going there if they get a new ride, but a new ride is not added every year. And I don't mean the stupid Cinderellabration or a new fireworks show, or a restaurant getting new paint. It just seems like some of you are too obsessed with WDW.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?
How could you even say that lol. disneyworld will never every get boring!

kiawahman

Account Suspended
Depends on who you are. I find that the people who enjoy DW the most are the people that have the most imagination. Before I step into the parks i have my imagination on high speed mode. it's all in how you look at it.

MSTINKHERBELL01

bbll24 said:
. It just seems like some of you are too obsessed with WDW.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

I dont mean to be rude or anything and if i come across as such please excuse me. I think that stating that some of us are obsessed with DISNEY is actually quite rude. Arent you in the same forum as we are? One might suggest that you are obssessed posting in a forum for WDW. Honestly, I LOVE Disney and perhaps alittle more than the average person but too obsessed???? Some of us are shareholders and Annual/Premium Passholders...we are CM'S and former CM'S or have family who are CM'S. When you love something and have an interest in something (as w/ any FAN of any thing...football,basketball,culinary ect.) you want to know and care to know EVERYTHING about it..every paint chip...every character mishap, every update, every little thing. And honestly who am I hurting by being "obsessed" with WDW??? Disney is a beautiful dream now reality fantasy world and makes alot of peoples dreams come true everyday. Why not "obsess" over something so wonderful? Think what you want....i'll be planning my next trip!:rolleyes:

DDuckFan130

I can understand different people getting tired of it. My family is "obsessed" with WDW and we're damn proud of it :lol:. It's like saying aren't you tired of going to the beach? Aren't you tired of going to the mall? Movies? And so forth. For some people, going to the beach gives them that feeling of relaxation and carefree attitude. For some of us, we get that feeling from WDW. For us in particular, we go once, twice, 3 times a year if we can. And we have never gone for a week. The most we've gone for is 4 days and nights and we don't get tired. I think these "short trips" make us crave WDW even more each time we leave. It's just something we've been raised on and we wouldn't have it any other way. Disney is a part of our lives, and living in Miami makes it even better because we're only a few hours away. So no, we don't get tired of WDW, no matter how many times we go :p

Pippa

No way am I EVER sick of WDW, I only get to go every other year because we like staying on site and flying with Virgin in Premium Economy but thats what makes every pay day another step closer to staying at "my happy place"

Lots of people visit places lots of times or read books/watch movies over and over so there's no difference really.

wdwishes2005

ive been somewhere between 18-23 times in the past 12 years, and i never get tired of it, theres always something different, like pin trading and seeing how many times you can go on ToT in one day, and becoming friends with the Cms.

Alexandra

Nah, we never tire of it. We go every year, sometimes more than once and we live in NYC. I think for us, it represents everything that's right and good in the world. We totally surrender ourselves to the fantasy and love every minute of it. In fact, we tend to judge every place else according to Disney standards. If a sales clerk or server is rude, the first thought that pops into our heads is, "That would never happen in WDW." It's so important for our hearts and minds to experience everything that's positive in life at least once a year. We lose all of our stress, cynicism and frustrations in WDW. We are so grateful for that.

37 days, 13 hours, 45 minutes...

rentNdisney

bgraham34 said:
Ah well not I but I was talking with someone the other day about that. They go every year. They usually got the first 2 weeks of August. They have 2 kids between 12-15 I think. But this year they are not going because the kids want more excitement so they are going to the Jersey Shore for the summer.

i just find this really funny. my family takes an annual trip to long beach island NJ every summer, and I'm always looking to go to Disney instead. How can the jersey shore be more exciting that disney world. o and byt he way i'm 17, and felt just the way i do now as when i was 12-15. o well. different strokes for different folks huh?

Aurora_25

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
I dont mean to be rude or anything and if i come across as such please excuse me. I think that stating that some of us are obsessed with DISNEY is actually quite rude. Arent you in the same forum as we are? One might suggest that you are obssessed posting in a forum for WDW. Honestly, I LOVE Disney and perhaps alittle more than the average person but too obsessed???? Some of us are shareholders and Annual/Premium Passholders...we are CM'S and former CM'S or have family who are CM'S. When you love something and have an interest in something (as w/ any FAN of any thing...football,basketball,culinary ect.) you want to know and care to know EVERYTHING about it..every paint chip...every character mishap, every update, every little thing. And honestly who am I hurting by being "obsessed" with WDW??? Disney is a beautiful dream now reality fantasy world and makes alot of peoples dreams come true everyday. Why not "obsess" over something so wonderful? Think what you want....i'll be planning my next trip!:rolleyes:

:sohappy: :sohappy: Well said :D

Aurora_25

nicholas said:
So...I guess I'm the only one who does get bored at WDW then. LOL.
Nah- honestly, If I didn't go other places too, I would probably tell DH that I need to vacation somewhere else once in a while, but since I get to take mini- trips and stuff to other places- I am ok with it :) You are not alone....

TomDisney

The only thing I get tired of is the construction on I-4 coming from Tampa...other than that, nope..don't get tired of it. (Will be heading over to act as tour guide for some friends who are down on vacation starting tomorrow)

I think going all the time allows you to see things that you would not normally see....you can do alot more people watching for one. Sometimes, it's funny to watch families as they run around trying to figure out what to do next. And like has been mentioned several times, there's no push to do anything since if you don't get it this time, there's always next weekend. Makes it that much more enjoyable.

Nope, definately dont get tired of going... The freedom of going when you want to as said earlier and not being rushed to cram everything in, in a day or 2. The freedom of just going out there for a dinner some where at your favorite place. The freedom of going to watch beautiful fireworks any night of the year. The freedom to just people watch or walk around and shop when ever you please. Nope, dont get tired of it.

DisneyFreak529

The only thing I get tired of is the construction

I agree, we have been going once a year since 2002 and I get a little tired of my favorite rides being closed!!

I went to WDW for the frist time in 2002 it was great, nothing was closed.
I saw everything and loved it!!

When we went back to WDW 2003 "The Great Movie Ride!" was closed for fixs ups!! I love it soo much, I was so mad!!
When we went to Disneyland in 2004 "Space Mt" was closed for fix ups! I love that to.
Were going this December for the Christmas party!!

I never tired of it!! I have always dreamed of going since I was a kid. If I lived him Florida I would go once a month, unless something specail was going on. I would never get tired ot it!

bbll24

Original Poster
nicholas said:
So...I guess I'm the only one who does get bored at WDW then. LOL.

I'm with you Nicholas.

The only reason I got on this site was because my family went this past March and I wanted to see if anything new was at Disney since the last time we went.

I also come here periodically to see news and rumors and how EE is coming along.

I don't come here to say, "OMG!!!! They are painting Peco's Bill's!" or "Don Quxiote is missing!"

DDuckFan130

bbll24 said:
I'm with you Nicholas.

The only reason I got on this site was because my family went this past March and I wanted to see if anything new was at Disney since the last time we went.

I also come here periodically to see news and rumors and how EE is coming along.

I don't come here to say, "OMG!!!! They are painting Peco's Bill's!" or "Don Quxiote is missing!"
What you're saying is perfectly cool. Not every person who posts here needs to be "obsessed" with WDW. There are many posters who just want some information before their trips or are curious about something. That's fine. Then there's the other people who you like to point out that obsess about every paint chip and whatnot. I don't consider myself in either extreme. I love the parks and love these boards. But I post here more for the online friendships I have formed with some of the members here. I don't come back every day to see if the jumping rabbit has been fixed on Splash. But that's me. If someone does come online to check that, then that's fine too.

I understand what you're saying. However, I think you are bordering on rude with the way you choose to generalize the posters on these forums. Not all of us are like that. :wave:

i<3disney4ever

no way!! im a florida girl and we live about 2 hours away from disney and we go at least 3 or 4 times a year and we absolutley love it!!! we just have a blast since our family has such busy schedules like school, work, sports, camps, etc. so it's a great four days that we relax, kick back and have an awesome time! and not have to worry about anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom