Timekeeper

heartodisney

Original Poster
Just listening to the "Timekeeper" soundtrack which is timed out at 18:37, staring Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman (?) as 9eye. Does anyone remember this "ride" and the years it was open?

Lee

Adventurer
Sure. Remember it well and fondly.
Much better attraction, and a much better fit in Tomorrowland, than MILF.
It opened in November of 1994 and went to a seasonal schedule in 2001 before fully closing in 2006.

Captain Hank

It was one of my favorite attractions at the time. Lots of great lines: "There goes Susanne Summers, pulled by a blender-fish." "New York, city of one million dreams...and one parking space." So much funnier than any given MILF show.

heartodisney

Original Poster
It was one of my favorite attractions at the time. Lots of great lines: "There goes Susanne Summers, pulled by a blender-fish." "New York, city of one million dreams...and one parking space." So much funnier than any given MILF show.
Yes! Typical Robin Williams...ya have to listen to the show so many times...which for me is just the soundtrack..to catch all the one liners! :lol:

Bairstow

Much better attraction, and a much better fit in Tomorrowland, than MILF.

We really need a better acronym for that attraction.

I thought the Timekeeper was OK, but I never bothered to see it more than once. The Circlevision thing was mostly just a gimmick in this application- where they were trying to tell a narrative story rather than immerse you in an actual environment, like at the various World Showcase circle-vision movies. Most of the time you'd be staring straight ahead at the animatronic anyway.

I'm surprised to hear it was Rhea Pearlman as 9-I. I always assumed it was Rosie O'Donnell.

I haven't been back since they've built the Laugh Floor, so I can't compare the two.

DisneyNut2007

Are you out of your cotton-pickin' mind?!

Almost every MILF performance IS funny. Learn to grow a funny bone already! Sheesh!

Stop hating newer attractions just because they replaced your personal favorites. It's a lousy reason to be a hater.

stlbobby

Timekeeper was fun and a nice diversion, but the Circlevision necessitated standing and didn't really enhance the experience, seats would have been better.

I think it really ran it's course, it was only open seasonally and still rarely had much of an audience, and once you'd seen it there was little enticement to return.

MILF is one of my favorite MK attractions. I laugh every time and there is always something new. The voice actors do a great job of keeping it fresh. I'm glad they upgraded this space.

cblodg

I loved this attraction as a kid and wish we could have done it more! My mom doesn't do the whole circle vision stuff real well though so we ended up not doing it again. I was sad when it closed as I really really loved Robin Williams in this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Remember it, loved it. Miss it. Far better than what is in the space now.

Shame it was seasonal by 2001. Another great that went before its time due to suit interference.

Jasonflz

:) You picked my absolute favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom.

In my opinion, Timekeeper was one of Disney's most impressive attractions. Combining the circle-vision concept with a story and audio animatronics was definitely one of the more brilliant concepts. I have several fond memories of TK and have to admit that it partially contributed to why I love New Tomorrowland so much. Not to mention Robin Williams and Bruce Broughton's score.

MILF is nowhere near as good as TK, which makes me even more sad as I pass this location.

Bairstow

This is one attraction I wish I had seen in person. If I had known it was Robin Williams, I definitely would have dragged my wife in there.

Honestly, if you've seen the videos you're not missing much.
Timekeeper is the rare attraction where not much is lost in converting it to internet video form. And you get to sit down while you watch it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom