Timekeeper replacement - Laugh Floor Comedy Club - name confirmed

CaptainMichael

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Common guys, they're aliens!...givem a chance.
I've got a question though i've never seen "turtle talk" is it just some interactive stuff? (I just thought i'd get us back on toppic)
I've never seen it either, but from what I understand, the audience is able to interact with Crush live. Kind of like Lucky but on a screen and with dialogue, at least that's how the Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot explained it..

Chape19714

Go Ahead and Flame me for it, but many attractions are not perfect for their host land. For instance:

Soarin'-Nothing futuristic about hang gliding, although the Land fits nice, Future world does not fit so nicely.

America Sings-In Tomorrowland, about the HISTORY of American Music

America the Beautiful-Tomorrowland, about CURRENT America, not FUTURE.

Splash Mountain-Frontierland, based on Song of the SOUTH, not the WESTERN FRONTIER! Why Disneyland has Critter Country!

Nemo Subs-Already discussed

Festival of the Lion King-Although in Animal Kingdom, it takes place in Camp Minnie-Mickey, based on the Adarondek (sp?) mountians, not Africa, why would we celebrate the Lion King in the Mountains? This point is not as strong, because it is mentioned that Simba is traveling, which may be incorperated into the Monster's Show.

Matterhorn Bobsleds-Fantasyland (formerally listed as Tomorrowland), a bobsled adventure, fits to Fantasyland after the addition of Herald the Yeti, but had no cooralation before then.
______

Anyhow, give things a chance, it will probally turn out wonderfully.

Sergeant Tibbs, Turtle Talk is an interactive show where Crush Talks to the younger members of the audience and answers thier questions about the ocean!

I am anxious to see more of what's to come with Comedy Club, John Lassater, who knows Pixar so well is now in charge of WDI, meaning he knows what he is doing!

CaptainMichael

Chape19714 said:
Go Ahead and Flame me for it, but many attractions are not perfect for their host land. For instance:

Soarin'-Nothing futuristic about hang gliding, although the Land fits nice, Future world does not fit so nicely.

America Sings-In Tomorrowland, about the HISTORY of American Music

America the Beautiful-Tomorrowland, about CURRENT America, not FUTURE.

Splash Mountain-Frontierland, based on Song of the SOUTH, not the WESTERN FRONTIER! Why Disneyland has Critter Country!

Nemo Subs-Already discussed

Festival of the Lion King-Although in Animal Kingdom, it takes place in Camp Minnie-Mickey, based on the Adarondek (sp?) mountians, not Africa, why would we celebrate the Lion King in the Mountains? This point is not as strong, because it is mentioned that Simba is traveling, which may be incorperated into the Monster's Show.

Matterhorn Bobsleds-Fantasyland (formerally listed as Tomorrowland), a bobsled adventure, fits to Fantasyland after the addition of Herald the Yeti, but had no cooralation before then.
______

Anyhow, give things a chance, it will probally turn out wonderfully.

Sergeant Tibbs, Turtle Talk is an interactive show where Crush Talks to the younger members of the audience and answers thier questions about the ocean!

I am anxious to see more of what's to come with Comedy Club, John Lassater, who knows Pixar so well is now in charge of WDI, meaning he knows what he is doing!
You are making too much sense! Their heads may explode...or maybe they'll just continue to ignore the facts...:hammer:

Good post btw!

Magicot

kcnole said:
People are a bit unfair to stitch. It's not a bad attraction at all. Yes, it replaced an incredible attraction so I understand the disapointment as when something is replaced it should get better.

However, I saw this before getting corrupted by the message boards and while I wasn't blown away by it, I thought it was cute and my wife and I both laughed throughout it. I just wish they'd lose the chili dog smell.

I'm not going to queue up for a long time to see it again, but it's not the worst thing Disney has ever produced.

:sohappy: I completely agree!:sohappy:

Some people act like SGE has nothing to do with space/aliens/sci-fi but it actually fits perfectly. It is often ridiculed as being the worst Disney attraction screw-up of all time, but I think JIYI('99) might deserve that title. To me, SGE isn't the best it could be, but it isn't a complete failure as far as attractions go. It still has people lining up to get in.

CaptainMichael

Magicot said:
:sohappy: I completely agree!:sohappy:

Some people act like SGE has nothing to do with space/aliens/sci-fi but it actually fits perfectly. It is often ridiculed as being the worst Disney attraction screw-up of all time, but I think JIYI('99) might deserve that title. To me, SGE isn't the best it could be, but it isn't a complete failure as far as attractions go. It still has people lining up to get in.
I think that the problem people have is that it isn't better than Alien Encounter. It was a quick change by Disney to take advantage of their most popular animated character in many years..I don't think anyone questions that it belongs in Tomorrowland. They just don't like the quality of the attraction.

Chape19714

You are making too much sense! Their heads may explode...or maybe they'll just continue to ignore the facts...

Good post btw!
Don't you hate it when I discover my Brain?:drevil:

Now here is my question: How long will it be? and based on that will there be 1 or 2 theatres? We all can admit due to the overwhelming success of Turtle Talk, 2 theatres would be great, so I hope they do it before the lines get out of hand.

Also...Will FP be used?

I know it is WAY too early to answer any of this, but I still wonder.

CaptainMichael

Chape19714 said:
Don't you hate it when I discover my Brain?:drevil:
No, I like it.

Chape19714 said:
Now here is my question: How long will it be? and based on that will there be 1 or 2 theatres? We all can admit due to the overwhelming success of Turtle Talk, 2 theatres would be great, so I hope they do it before the lines get out of hand.

Also...Will FP be used?

I know it is WAY too early to answer any of this, but I still wonder.
All very, very good questions. I'm gonna say yes about FP. If I remember right, the theater is pretty big, so they may divide it in half, unless they intend on using the full 360 degrees.

Chape19714

STR8FAN2005 said:
No, I like it.

All very, very good questions. I'm gonna say yes about FP. If I remember right, the theater is pretty big, so they may divide it in half, unless they intend on using the full 360 degrees.
I realize how big the theatre is, but will they go for 1 HUGE theatre, or 2 small. If it's at all interactive, I would hope they split it into 2 small to give more kids the chance to interact.

CaptainMichael

Chape19714 said:
I realize how big the theatre is, but will they go for 1 HUGE theatre, or 2 small. If it's at all interactive, I would hope they split it into 2 small to give more kids the chance to interact.
Well, it all depends on if they want the full circle or not. Seating arrangements would be much easier to achieve with just 180 degrees or less to look at.

I'm hoping that this show will be a little bit more adult friendly.

Chape19714

STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, it all depends on if they want the full circle or not. Seating arrangements would be much easier to achieve with just 180 degrees or less to look at.

We can only hope they install seats. Seats that don't restrain (SGE), spit water, sting, release mice, insects, and other rodents, and release stink bug smells (Mike's oderant anyone?)

CaptainMichael

Chape19714 said:
We can only hope they install seats. Seats that don't restrain (SGE), spit water, sting, release mice, insects, and other rodents, and release stink bug smells (Mike's oderant anyone?)
I'm pretty sure it will have seats this time around. Americans are too lazy to stand, especially after waiting in long lines all day.

KevinPage

Lee/Steve,

Now for the most importmant question of all:

Will BOO be featured in this atraction? If so, heavily or just a minor part?

(our whole family are big BOO fans. Don't ask about all the Disney Cruise pictures we have with the BOO doll we have :lookaroun :lookaroun )

:D

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:

The screens are huge. Unless they are planning something along the lines of PhilHarmagic, I could see them using a third or even a quarter of the screen for this attraction. If so, it could mean 3 or even more theaters for seating. And yes, I mean actual seating. :lol:

CaptainMichael

wannab@dis said:
The screens are huge. Unless they are planning something along the lines of PhilHarmagic, I could see them using a third or even a quarter of the screen for this attraction. If so, it could mean 3 or even more theaters for seating. And yes, I mean actual seating. :lol:
Thanks, like I said earlier, I've been in there once, and that was to take Grad Nite pictures.

Magicot

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think that the problem people have is that it isn't better than Alien Encounter. It was a quick change by Disney to take advantage of their most popular animated character in many years..I don't think anyone questions that it belongs in Tomorrowland. They just don't like the quality of the attraction.

Actually they do question SGE's location- and in this very thread:

"I agree with you wdwishes2005, Monster Inc. really doesn't have a justified "theme" for being in Tomorrowland, but on the other hand, what is Stitch doing in the Tomorrowland Convention Center?" -Clark Griswold

"I can maybe see stitch ( he's in outer space) But MI has nothing to do with space or the future" -wdwishes2005

disneydaft

Rockin Roller said:
monster inc. would work better in animal kingdom. But since its in magic kingdom I would have placed it in fantasyland.

Nah the best place theming wise would be in the Energy Pavillion at Epcot.

Not that I would want them to take away EEA.

imagineer boy

wannab@dis said:
Animal Kingdom? :veryconfu

Yeah, that would be odd.

But personally, I think the best place should be MGM. It seriously needs more rides. I know they're getting that Toy Story ride, but its not enough. They still need more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom