Time to ditch the Monorail?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I understand your point. In the mornings, when I arrive at the TTC, it can be frustrating knowing that you have to take three modes of transportation to get to the MK gates (your car, the tram, and then the monorail or launch).

However, I must say, I find this system to be ingenious at night, after the park closes. Because there are only so many guests arriving at the TTC parking lot at any given time, there are only so many guests actually driving away at a particular time. Because of that, the parking lot is never mobbed with cars all trying to leave. When I go to a Giants or Devils game, it can take up to 30 minutes just to get out of the parking lot, because everyone is leaving at once. Disney has managed to avoid this.

nankeldisney821

I agree with everyone else on here....the monorail must stay!!

This is such a part of Disney and a lot of people like myself have to ride it whenever they are there regardless of where they are staying. The first morning of every trip I have to take the bus to the MK, walk to the Contemporary & have breakfast at Chef Mickeys and then take the monorail to the MK. That makes me really feel like I am there. I already have that Disney feeling anyway but that just tops it all off!! There is no better feeling!! :p

ohioguy

Original Poster
nah - think further east than Switzerland (or west for you yanks!) ;)

when do we expect the announcment for the AUSTRALIA pavilion for World Showcase??
I hope the attraction is more than a movie...too many of those. Maybe an Outback excursion? I assume we'll get a replica of the Sydney Opera House on the lagoon......

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
011.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
when do we expect the announcment for the AUSTRALIA pavilion for World Showcase??
I hope the attraction is more than a movie...too many of those. Maybe an Outback excursion? I assume we'll get a replica of the Sydney Opera House on the lagoon......
Australia? Too far south. Though the original plans for such a pavilion did have a nice opera house on the shore :D

ohioguy

Original Poster
Australia? Too far south. Though the original plans for such a pavilion did have a nice opera house on the shore :D

I've heard both Australia and INDIA.... both would be cool..... Taj Mahal?

A Swiss pavilion with a HUGE monolithic Matterhorn would block those hideous Hilton Towers which are about to spring up almost right next door.....

unkadug

I've heard both Australia and INDIA.... both would be cool..... Taj Mahal?

A Swiss pavilion with a HUGE monolithic Matterhorn would block those hideous Hilton Towers which are about to spring up almost right next door.....

Sounds like an excellent plan to me.

Off topic, if we all wrote to Paris, do you think her daddy would stop the Towers from interrupting our skyline. :lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sounds like an excellent plan to me.

Off topic, if we all wrote to Paris, do you think her daddy would stop the Towers from interrupting our skyline. :lookaroun
Given that the last Hilton ownership of the Hilton chain was bought out last week, Paris' dad has no say. :shrug:

MaXXimus

I think if anything they need to expand it and bring it more up to the times because when I was on it a few weeks ago it just seemed old and outdated.

And if they closed it then what happens to the Contemporary?... This?

contemporary_lg.jpg

Yea maybe if this is what they did I might consider staying there instead of WL :hurl:

Chezman1399

The monorail is there to keep cars away from the Magic Kingdom, and to seperate people from the magic. Why would they want to build a parking lot right next to it?

ItstheM

I have to disagree. The monorail is one of the first images I get when I think of WDW. Not having it around is unthinkable.

WDW Radio podcast last week did an episode about how the monorail is one of the 7 Wonders of DW. Check it out. Please!

MaXXimus

CLOSE THE MONORAIL>>> DUHH

WHY NOT GET RID OF THE CASTLE TOO!?!?!

CLOSE TOPIC PLZ.:fork:

Even better would be to close all the parks and then build adjoining parking lots so we can all play a huge game of musical car spaces :sohappy: ... at least then we would have something to do right?

EpcotServo

Just so you know, there really is no room for any other parking lot. To the west is the landfill, and to the east is water. I'm not worried about the Monorail going anywhere anytime soon. The only reason it breaks alot more is because the fleet is getting pretty old. I think a new fleet would be great!

unkadug

Perhaps a better idea would be to drain the seven seas lagoon and make it into the parking lot. You can't swim in it, what good is it? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom