Tigger Was Provoked...here's how:

wedway71

Welcome to the boards!

Heres my take on the whole thing.
I dont think the kid was really trying to hurt or choke Tigger.I think he was being a wise A@# and was playing around and doing so wound up choking Tigger.Tigger acted in self defense and after getting pushed away realized he screwed up by playing around and that point was too late to admit he was screwing around and played the "i didnt do anything card-Tgger just hit me"

If the kid just admitted to horse play his Dad could have yelled at him and finished their vacation and Tigger would be working right now and the kid would go home not being a "chump"

MickeyDee

Haha, in November, Stitch was extremely surprised at all of my merchandise and gave me a huuuge hug. Many of them, the more I showed him the more he hugged me. There was one point his ear hit the side of my mouth and it hurt, but I wasn't like "DAD, STITCH HIT ME WITH HIS EAR. CALL DA POLICE.":hammer:

The Mak

Provoked or not, it was unprofessional for the CM to respond the way he/she did.

stewartheadachexg9.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a new article on the Tigger incident. No really new information but Jeffrey Kaufman the Lawyer that represented the last Tigger in trouble and former cast member gives his version and opinion of what happened which seems to echo the opinion of the general public.

http://www.local6.com/news/10715994/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney who successfully defended a Disney employee accused of groping a girl spoke out Wednesday about the latest incident involving "Tigger."

Jeffrey Kaufman, a former Disney cast member himself, said he sympathizes with Michael J. Fedelem, the man playing Tigger who was recently accused of punching a teenager in the face.

Kaufman, the attorney who represented Michael Chartrand two years ago, donned the Tigger costume during closing arguments then and said that the outfit was too bulky and the view from the mask was too obstructed for his client to have intentionally groped the girl.

Chartrand was found not guilty.

Kaufman is not representing Fedelem, but he feels bad for him.

"Imagine what (Fedelem) is going through right now, realizing, 'I get paid $6 to $7 an hour, and I'm being accused nationally of hitting a child.' It's a rough world," Kaufman said.

Fedelem was suspended by Disney after a confrontation at Walt Disney World with Jerry Monaco Jr., 15. Jerry's dad, Jerry Monaco Sr., said Fedelem sucker-punched his son and has hired an attorney for representation.

Kaufman said he believes Jerry Jr. instigated the incident.

"(Jerry Jr.) is smiling the whole time. He's even smiling bigger when he gets a reaction (out of Tigger)," Kaufman said. "It's beyond ridiculous because you can see it from here."

Kaufman said Fedelem's swiping motion at Jerry Jr. was simply an involuntary reaction to pain, which he thinks was inflicted by the 15-year-old.

"You're cone of vision is from about here. You have some slits here, but your hand, you wouldn't be able to see out here," Kaufman gestured. "The costume is tied from the back. So if somebody pulls down, automatically the fur under the neck is going to cut off the air that you're breathing."

Kaufman also questioned the Monaco's reaction to the situation.

"The family didn't react like they wanted justice, they reacted like they wanted cash," Kaufman said. "I think its unfair because it could happen to any character in costume. That's the reason I represented the first character, because I realized that could have happened to me."

GothMickey

Provoked or not, it was unprofessional for the CM to respond the way he/she did.
:brick:

Ok CHAPPS.... let me grap the back of your shirt cutting off your air supply and ability to breath... then when you try to defend yourself and hit me, I will sue you because YOU ARE WRONG FOR TRYING TO DEFEND YOURSELF...

I seriously hope you are joking with the most bird brained remark I have heard about this entire incident.

JeffH

I can't think of nothing worse than being banned

I feel that Disney should make it clear that if the family goes through with any sort of lawsuit and fails to issue a public apology to Tigger, they will be banned from all Disney Theme parks (and hotels, stores, rebates and whatever else Disney...), FOREVER!!!
They might think twice about sacrificing their future happiness for a lawsuit they will lose.

wedway71

I feel that Disney should make it clear that if the family goes through with any sort of lawsuit and fails to issue a public apology to Tigger, they will be banned from all Disney Theme parks (and hotels, stores, rebates and whatever else Disney...), FOREVER!!!
They might think twice about sacrificing their future happiness for a lawsuit they will lose.

I agree.BTW im from SW FLA and an Account Mgr for Coca Cola and my territory was Naples. If you ever had a cold Coke at Jungle Larrys or Naples Community Hospital or many other places that was me.

disneygoof1

I really don't understand why people have to make such a big deal about characters doing things other than the norm.I think every teenager that messes with characters should have something done to them. I don't see the "Hunchback" wanting to sue some teenager for laughing at him, come on people.

Lets hope the family gets busted and that Tigger won't go TTFG (Ta Ta For Good). :)

ZOMG. CHIP WAVED MY HAIR INFRONT OF MY FACE AND DALE TICKLED ME! CALL THE PRESS, I'M SUEING DISNEY! XDDD

I have had numerous character encounters far 'worse' than Tigger accidentally swatting me in the face. I'm contemplating suing Disney over all of them now, in light of this new lawsuit.

Most recently, in August of 2006, while dining at Liberty Tree Tavern: my husband, myself, and three friends sat down to eat dinner. We are all between 26 and 30. Minnie and Goofy come over to greet us. Minnie begins hugging and wordlessly flirting with my husband. Goofy gesticulates that Minnie is not single. Minnie points to her ring finger as if to say 'I'm not married!!'. I grab my husband's left hand and show it to Minnie, pointing at his weeding band and stating 'Yeah, but he is!' Minnie was quite apologetic, but the tone had been set. Goofy then comes next to me, to an empty seat, and sits down, pulling towards him a plate and flatware. His friend advises him to get up, since there's not enough room at the table. Goofy then stands up, grabs the back of my husband's chair, and begins dragging it across the floor towards an emergency exit, attempting to tip my husband out of the chair and onto the street below. At the time, we were all laughing and it seemed really funny and unique, a great Disney memory, but now my husband feels his manhood was challeneged and is thinking of suing for emotional duress which led to marital stress.

In October of 2004, we were in Toontown waiting to meet Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger back in the tents. I asked my husband to pose with Tigger, since Tigger is his favorite character. As I started to get ready to take the photo, Tigger started bouncing. Which, as you know, is what Tiggers do best. He grabbed my husband's arms and my husband joined in the bouncing. I have numerous pictures of this incident; sadly, they're all a little blurry on account of all the bouncing. At the time, it was a perfect Tigger-y moment that would make a great memory, but now my husband's left ankle has been a little sore, and he's pretty sure it's from this.

And, of course, there's the time when my entire family was at O'Hana's: myself and my husband, my brother, and my divorced parents who were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary/20th divorce anniversary. Mickey pantomimed that they were mom and dad and we were all kids, and I tried to explain to Mickey that my mom and dad was divorced, that this is my husband, and they're mine and my brother's parents. Mickey seemed to be very confused, but was still willing to take a picture with my mom and dad. My brother and I are thinking that a lawsuit might be the answer to all the emotions that this picture has caused us. The shock and stress of seeing our parents together, in a picture like that, in a place like that, with Mickey during the Happiest Celebration on Earth, has made us both revert to the age we were during the divorce. My brother has started wetting his bed again and lost his job, and I've taken to rocking silently in a corner listening to black metal. We figure it's good for a few grand, or at the very least, lifetime passes.

All stories are true. The names have not been changed because we're not innocent. All pending lawsuits are the ramblings of a deranged Disney-fied imagination.

Could be one of the best posts ever:lol::lol::lol:!!!!

beachclubbasics

My daughter thinks that Walt Disney and Betty White tried to kill her.. LAst year over in MGM where all the busts of famous TV personalities are, my daughter inexplicably tripped right in front of Walt and Betty. She scraped her hands and got a stubbed toe and twisted ankle.

She thinks that Walt and Betty psychically ganged up to terminate her....think we can sue?

LOL

Neptune

Apparentely the kid has "neck problems". I don't know what genes made his spine into jello but he should have that checked out.

Absolutely ridiculous. Shows that most people nowadays only care about money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom