'Tigger' arrested on molestation charges

Senderella

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
In a earlier post I referred to him as Tigger myself, but I only did that cause I forgot the guy's name. See what I mean...It looks kind of bad for the company "Tigger touched 2 women?" But also in a way you still got to keep the magic for the kids..I mean the name Tigger.

There's a difference in a person on a board calling him Tigger and the news/papers calling him Tigger. I think I called him Tigger myself a few posts back, but I do understand what you're saying.

I agree with ya Hiss. It does look bad for the company. Looks bad on the Pooh franchise too. Ya do have to try to keep the magic for kids and if any kid was playing in the same room or even walking by while a parent was watching the news and the report came on & said "Tigger touched 2 women inappropriately" (or however they're saying it) that's gonna really mess a kid up. At least one that likes Tigger or that goes to Disney with family.... any number of things. :veryconfu

Wilt Dasney

"A Disney employee" or even "a costumed Disney employee" would work just as well as "Tigger," without leading to so many awkward questions.

Atta83

Why ruin the magic with saying Tigger molested someone ....that really makes kids wondering about that.........

lamarvenoy

Originally posted by ACE
1. I was quoting your words when I said rape.

2. Where did it say "fondle them over and over"?

3. "If he did do it on purpose he at most copped a feel and a very limited one at that being in that thick costume. Holy Cow! I can't believe you said that! Wrong is wrong. What if it was your relative?

4. "reguardless it is being compared to RAPE and MURDER, come on." Who used the word murder, besides you?

5. I agree that this is one lawsuit happy country, but again, wait till the truth comes out before you pass judgement on the accuser or the accused.

6. Actually I think it's on TV because it's Disney related not because some lawyer wants it on TV to help his nonexistent lawsuit. If it was the lawyers doing then that's all we would ever see on the news. :lol:

Take Care,
ACE
1. I was pointing out that the word "rape" has been used in this thread and I think that is WAY beyond this circumstance,A slap in the face to anyone who has ever been through the trauma of a rape.Call it what it is.

2.It didn't say "fondle over and over" If this guy is getting prosecuted for touching a woman's breast, every woman you ever hugged could sue you. There are different kinds of touching and although not very specific what kind is being prosecuted, I'm assuming it had to be fairly blatant to be considered sexual misconduct...in the view of dozens of people... nobody seeing ,saying or doing anything about it.

3.What if it was my relative? My point is at most it was a slight grope. Does that kind of crime merit worldwide attention,I'm not argueing right or wrong on the crime,I'm argueing how the crime is being publicized and Disney beaten up by the media again.My example is if it was Santa ot the easter bunny at your local mall,would it be on CNN. The media LOVES DRAMA, and any crime in a magical place where crime isn't supposed to exist is a headline. Disney tries verry hard to play down any incident involving them or their property. Many people who work for Disney have been busted for child molestation and other lude acts.(I'll IM you examples if you'd like-I hate posting that kind of stuff, it brings everybody down) This is an example of why "nobody dies on property" or did anyway, and disney investigations making information very difficult for news agencies to get. They protect the company against liability by downplaying as much as they can about any crimes.

4.The words rape and murder were used by Dr. Albert.This was the original post I repsonded to. Comparisons of apples to oranges is an elementary term I would use to explain his examples,nobody died or got raped. Therapy is often an issue with hose crimes but there is a difference between feeling awkward and uncomfortable and being emotionally scarred.

5.I pass judgement beacause of the facts,
a.Not immediately reported by EITHER victims.
b.No witnesses came foward at the time of the incident.
c.Dozens of people around watching with no redflags from anyone.
d.A week until Disney is contacted and even told of any incident, plenty of time to talk to a lawyer and him say the magic word.MONEY.
e.High profile with national coverage,screams attorney.
f.Criminal charges filed now, is often a setup for a higher payoff settlement when they file a civil case.

6. You have heard about this case,if it was handled between the family and Disney you would have never even known anything happened, if the guy was arrested he would have been booked,bailed and released.Just another pending criminal case.BUT NO, It was in the papers and reported because I feel the lawyer representing the family leaked the story to the media and spread it around.Disney is lowkey,defense attorneys are high profile. The more people read the headline the more drama it creates and soon Disney just wants to shut everybody up and how does that happen...a settlement.

These are my feelings, I'm not asking anyone to side with me I'm just fed up with big corporations being the targets for frivilous lawsuits. When settlements are paid that money comes from us, the people who pay for Disney products and visit the parks. Prices are high enough...and don't even get me started about fraudulent Workmans Comp, and bogus insurance claims!I said it before Suemerica.I've been in court 3 times in 5 years,I've always won.

lamarvenoy

Originally posted by blackride
They had no idea until they left the park....

According to the report the Mother was also sexually fondled. Neither one reported it at the time...and none of the dozens of people WATCHING THE CHARACTER saw anything.

Rob, I'm sure you were a good tigger. Nobody is blaming you for anything.:lookaroun

Glasgow

I can't believe this topic has gone on so long and been discussed so much. Maybe the guy is guilty, maybe he is innocent - geez. How are we going to know until evidence is presented and a judgement is made?

On a lighter note, can someone tell me when EE is going to be complete or direct me to a pertinent thread? I'm trying to plan a trip :)

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Eventually the characters will be replaced with AAs which will be roped off. Guests will have to put their park ticket into a machine which will then spit out an autograph. :rolleyes:

Wow! Coooool! I'm there! Can I sign a petition to make this happen? :lookaroun

:lol:

andromedaslove

In regards to him touching their over and over again. The news report said that he "MASSAGED" their , I consider that over and over again. I still think something sounds fishy. And I am sorry but if a character accidentally bumped into my breast I would consider it an accident, if he was massaging my breast there would definately be a raction, even if I just pulled away from him or grabbed his hand and moved it. They did neither from what I have read. One more thing that doesn't make sense to me.

leesey

To the person who asked, "Don't they do background checks??", YES, they do--they do the mother of all background checks. The gross thing is that the guy just LOOKS like a creep! Yuck! I heard the guy just admitted to it and didn't really seem to care. I'm a little upset that Disney, being the crazys they are about being appropriate in every situation imaginable, didn't TERMINATE him! I'm sure the story will unfold later on, but for now, no one's really saying a word.

Lilmama21

Originally posted by Senderella
I agree with ya Hiss. It does look bad for the company. Looks bad on the Pooh franchise too. Ya do have to try to keep the magic for kids and if any kid was playing in the same room or even walking by while a parent was watching the news and the report came on & said "Tigger touched 2 women inappropriately" (or however they're saying it) that's gonna really mess a kid up. At least one that likes Tigger or that goes to Disney with family.... any number of things. :veryconfu

My daughter asked me today who I wanted to get my picture taken with at WDW. I replied Mickey and Eeyore and asked her who she wanted..She asked "Do they have a Tigger there?" (Oddly, she's not a big Tigger fan). I laughed under my breath and than told her they did. She obviously hasn't seen or heard anything about the case, I don't allow her to see inappropriate news stories.

Senderella

Originally posted by Lilmama21
My daughter asked me today who I wanted to get my picture taken with at WDW. I replied Mickey and Eeyore and asked her who she wanted..She asked "Do they have a Tigger there?" (Oddly, she's not a big Tigger fan). I laughed under my breath and than told her they did. She obviously hasn't seen or heard anything about the case, I don't allow her to see inappropriate news stories.

hehe I know I really shouldn't admit this cuz I don't want to stir the pot, but I gotta mention it. (Don't flame me or think i'm insensitive.. it was just mindless silly Sunday morning bantering between me & my husband in private company).

We went to some car lots today to look around. My husband parked wayyyyyyy on the other side of the lot from where the cars we were wanting to look at were. I was like "jeez dude could we have parked any further?" LOL Of course he said "and you expect to trek Disney World? It's tons bigger". And of course I had to.. I couldn't resist... me: "Ya well there's not a fondling Tigger over by the cars waiting for me". So of course being him he asked where he could rent a Tigger suit :rolleyes:

CAPTAIN HOOK

OK - just read all 11 pages and decided to put in my two cents while my head is still spinning and confused.

1) The accusation of fondling - I presuming that the "incident" occurred in a public place, in the presence of the victims father / husband - didn't he witness it, why didn't he say anything ? Why haven't any independent witnesses made a complaint or substanciated the incident ?

2) If the allegation is true - I can understand the girls embarrassment about telling anyone - but mum ? Come on !! If she doesn't know when to speak up about an indecent assault and leave it until several hours later then the accusation loses some credibility.

3) Why wasn't the mother present when the accusation was made - why just father / daughter
4) Lawsuits - If the criminal element of this incident is proved in a court of law, it is the individual who is the subject of a compensation claim - Disney cannot be held responsible for the actions of all their employees (as long as they can prove that the employee was properley trained / should know better etc. If this were the case then every male employee at WDW (or anywhere else) could fondle a female guest (by prior arrangement) and split the money awarded by the court against Disney with them. Get rich quick !

5) Rape occurs a lot more often than is reported - therefore it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Women do not report rape for many reasons including shame, guilt, did I lead him on, what will happen in court, etc, etc.

6) Why is s*x with a porcupine illegal ?

strobe

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

4) Lawsuits - If the criminal element of this incident is proved in a court of law, it is the individual who is the subject of a compensation claim - Disney cannot be held responsible for the actions of all their employees (as long as they can prove that the employee was properley trained / should know better etc. If this were the case then every male employee at WDW (or anywhere else) could fondle a female guest (by prior arrangement) and split the money awarded by the court against Disney with them. Get rich quick !

Actually, in the US, you only have to show a 'reasonable likeliness' to win a civil case. It's really pretty ridiculous and needs some reform - not relating at all to this case, but to lawsuits in general.

The first thing people want to do when ANYTHING goes wrong is sue, and it's gotten out of hand. I saw today that Florida is moving to curb the recent onslaught of advertising by ambulance chasing lawyers who promise to get you untold millions -- I think that's a step in the right direction.

It's gotten to the point where people even want to sue McDonalds because they can't control their eating, or because their coffee is too hot; I think that's just the final straw.

I'm all for a lawsuit when a great injustice has been done to someone through utter and complete negligence and/or malicious intent. But come on - accidents happen, let it go.

Again my comments here don't relate to this case, because I refuse to take a stance on it until the facts are on the table and the investigation completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom