'Tigger' arrested on molestation charges

Senderella

Re: Re: Re: Just my opinion

Originally posted by paulcmartens
That's my question as well...can you really feel a person's breast through that costume...or is there not that much padding in the paws of Tigger?

If not, well, that might make the profile a little more serious...or not. I can imagine for kicks a contest going on (i know this sounds awful) of who can 'accidentally' feel people up the most as a joke.

Innocent until proven guilty for both parties...we can't assume one is innocent because its 'disney'...and we can't assume the women are money grubbing folks either.

We have yet to hear 'tigger' speak. I'd be curious as to what he says. I find the response by disney rather harsh. Suspending without pay? That sounds like a judgment to me.

Honestly when I read that, the first thing that came to *my* mind was... if those suits are as ridiculously big/bulky/cumbersome as they seem, I'm wondering if it was a MISTAKE!! Like maybe he had a wrong hand placement but was really going for a shoulder squeeze... Or like possibly a bear hug sort of thing?? You know? That's the first thing that ran through my mind when I read that article.

There's no telling how this pans out but I'm really interested in this and want to keep up with it. So if anyone sees anything new regarding this, please post it!

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just my opinion

Originally posted by Senderella
.. if those suits are as ridiculously big/bulky/cumbersome as they seem, I'm wondering if it was a MISTAKE!!

This might sound naive...but accidents do happen, how do we not know that the feeling up wasn't just an accident...a 'wardrobe malfunction'.

A lot of people totally hammered (and still do) J. Jackson. But I was one of the few people who noticed the red blouse underneath and opted for that possibility way before J.J explained that to the press. But people took everything way too much to heart and ignored the fact that maybe bad things happen on accident?

I'm not saying that rapes don't occur, or fondling doesn't occur. I've been 'fondled' on the derriere. O.k, I was in high school, and I didn't mind too terribly much...the girl was attractive. That said, it didn't 'sit' well, yet I didn't mention it.

Let's cool it till the cards are all laid out, that might take months.

Dr Albert Falls

For crying out loud---- does ANYONE use their heads before typing an opinion on these boards?

*This is a CRIMINAL case. There's no lawsuit involved.

*There are PHOTOGRAPHS of the Tigger assault incident! That's the #1 piece of evidence in this investigation. Read the dang news reports!

*It did NOT take the family more than a month to file a complaint. They reported it the day of the incident! It took DETECTIVES more than a month to thoroughly investigate the case to the point that they could get a warrant for the employee's arrest.

*Before a warrant could be issued, detectives had to positively identify the man behind the Tigger mask. How did they do that? Extensive work WITH DISNEY MANAGEMENT, analyzing time sheets and cast assignments, and the victim's photographs to verify THAT EMPLOYEE was in THAT park location at THAT time wearing THAT costume.

*The suspect ADMITTED to doing something. (According to the charging affadavit filed in court, police wrote that Chartrand told them he had trouble remembering things, but was "very sorry for everything that had occurred," and hoped the victim would forgive him for what he had done.)

If you don't have ANY IDEA what you're talking about, please don't waste our time with speculation.

alice

it was just on the news here in baton rouge!

the segment "tigger's troubles" appeared on the 10 oclock news here in baton rouge! i can't believe this.

Innocent until proven guilty, but what's up with this guy: In a charging affadavit filed in court, police wrote that Chartrand told them he had trouble remembering things, but was "very sorry for everything that had occurred," and hoped the victim would forgive him for what he had done.

This sounds like an admission of guilt, he also sounds kind of mental or something?

Also, on the police report the manager said there were two new people it might be? So he was new? They don't check on these people, that have so much close interaction with children???? If you think about it, it seems like alot of pervs would flock to this type of "costumed" job where they get to be so close to kids and in a disguise, a "michael jackson" role, if you will (not implying that all costumed characters are perverts by any means) just saying there should be some kind of background check...

Senderella

Re: it was just on the news here in baton rouge!

Also, on the police report the manager said there were two new people it might be? So he was new? They don't check on these people, that have so much close interaction with children???? If you think about it, it seems like alot of pervs would flock to this type of "costumed" job where they get to be so close to kids and in a disguise, a "michael jackson" role, if you will (not implying that all costumed characters are perverts by any means) just saying there should be some kind of background check... [/B]

Unless they've been convicted of anything, a check is gonna come out clean.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
umm...hi...

yah, this occurred a MONTH ago...give the guy a break...if you gave out, say 100 hugs a day and took 100 photos a day, and interacted with about 200 people a day personally...x 20 working days...that's 4000 people ago, would you remember much?

NOT me....'mental?'...more like, human.

SparkyC

police reports

If you haven't already, I suggest reading the charging affidavit.

A choice quote:
"The defendant said he was very sorry for everything that had occurred."

Followed up by:
"The defendant admitted that he has someone take photographs of him while he is in character. ... The defendant invited me in and gave me six envelopes of pictures and one envelope containing disks of photographs."

Umm. "has someone take photographs of him"? Umm....

Dr Albert Falls

Intent?

What was the intent of that Sarasota guy who kidnapped a girl in front of a car wash security camera, raped her, crushed her throat, and dumped her body.

Nobody would be THAT crazy to do something like that! It MUST have been an accident!

A man with a gun opens fire on cars driving down Ohio interstates, taking a motorist's life. He HAD to have known someone would catch him-- nobody is THAT crazy! Thank goodness highway shootings are just an accident!

A man in Orlando loads two of his kids into a car, feeds them sleeping pills, parks on the side of the road, and then intentionally veers into the path of an oncoming semi. Oh yeah, that was AFTER he held his two other children's heads underwater in a nearby lake until one of them drowned. All because he was angry at his wife and didn't want her to have custody of the kids. What a goofy accident that was!

Intent? There doesn't need to be intent.

This world is filled with perverts, sickos, and mass murderers that dress up like clowns.

Why is it SO IMPOSSIBLE to believe a person wearing a Disney costume would be dysfunctional enough to inappropriately touch someone? Especially when he KNEW he could be hide behind a cute, lovable animal face and play the "accident" card.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Oh, I totally believe its possible that even worse could be going on with the guy. Possible. Not yet provable.

I just don't, or at least try not to jump to conclusions about a person.

Sometimes people are overly apologetic, or feel obliged to apologize for things as well even though no intent or harm was done. Pleasers. Very possible this person could be bent that way (you've provided your own potential bents...all negative funny enough).

We don't know his heart...his words don't betray him, they merely convey remorse...could be remorse for the misunderstanding...etc.

People feel bad sometimes if others feel bad, even if they are not responsible for things.

To ignore intent, is to ignore the heart of the matter...that's dangerous.

If you don't want to understand people, and just condemn them because of behavior that is different than yours...have fun....some of us look at life in other ways.

Now, continue to be angry!

lamarvenoy

Originally posted by Dr Albert Falls
Intent?

What was the intent of that Sarasota guy who kidnapped a girl in front of a car wash security camera, raped her, crushed her throat, and dumped her body.

Nobody would be THAT crazy to do something like that! It MUST have been an accident!

A man with a gun opens fire on cars driving down Ohio interstates, taking a motorist's life. He HAD to have known someone would catch him-- nobody is THAT crazy! Thank goodness highway shootings are just an accident!

A man in Orlando loads two of his kids into a car, feeds them sleeping pills, parks on the side of the road, and then intentionally veers into the path of an oncoming semi. Oh yeah, that was AFTER he held his two other children's heads underwater in a nearby lake until one of them drowned. All because he was angry at his wife and didn't want her to have custody of the kids. What a goofy accident that was!

Intent? There doesn't need to be intent.

This world is filled with perverts, sickos, and mass murderers that dress up like clowns.

Why is it SO IMPOSSIBLE to believe a person wearing a Disney costume would be dysfunctional enough to inappropriately touch someone? Especially when he KNEW he could be hide behind a cute, lovable animal face and play the "accident" card.

Hey guy, I hope you're kidding about being a doctor- those are kinda sick and twisted examples you are pulling up. Dr. John Wayne Gacey.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
alright... screw the magic. I don't work for Disney anymore, so I have nothing to hide regarding the things I've done in the past...

first off... I have no clue who Michael Chartrand is... saw the pics, and still no clue...

second, about the tigger costume. Visibility is limited to what you can see through the nose and mouth... and is darkened by black cloth/metal foam to boot. So vision is far from perfect..

third, depending on the gloved, they may or may not have overabundant padding. But a good example of how your feeling is, wear ordinary oven mitts... then try to juggle things around. That's how it is.

fourth... even if innocent, judging by the photos' descriptions, Michael made one mistake- he had his hands OVER the accusers . While physical contact may, or may not have been made... he broke a MAJOR rule of character conduct by not watching where his hands were. One the photograph is taken, it's a 2D image... meaning, that his hand could've been 6 inches above the breast, in the image, the hand is on the breast. And BAM... photographic evidence.

While I do think that Michael is innocent in this matter, I know enough flakes in the WDW Character Department to know better than to pass any judgement at this time. I'll wait for the courts to decide.

Until then, Michael... good luck, you WILL need it. This isn't the first time that a Disney Character has been accused of something along these lines... shame it had to be Tiggs

Main Street USA

Re: it was just on the news here in baton rouge!

Originally posted by alice
If you think about it, it seems like alot of pervs would flock to this type of "costumed" job where they get to be so close to kids and in a disguise, a "michael jackson" role

A Michael Jackson role? Wow, do we need to bring up the innocent until proven guilty point again? :rolleyes:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by antoinebusby
Dude, you are AN IDIOT! Bottom line, end of discussion!!!! Man, I sure hope the jury isn't full of people like you. If so, I sure hope that little girl is lying. I would hate for her to be telling truth only for people like you to decide that she is lying. Nonetheless, it is andre85 we are talking about here...KING ALMIGHTY!!!!
Antoine! Me likey you!! You must be the last of the good guys!

johnvree

Originally posted by andre85
Come on, most of these “rapes” are fictitious anyway. Cross a money hungry woman the wrong way and you’ll be suffering the monetary wrath for years. Men are constantly being accused of these types of crimes and many of them are without merit.

GEE, I wonder why rape victims are often reluctant to come forward. :rolleyes:

I think I will wait until all of the facts come out before I form an opinion.

andromedaslove

I have looked at every article I could find regarding this man being arrested. not once have I seen it said that there was a photograph showing what happened. It also stated that the father reported the incident 8 days later not that day. The man also said he is dyslexic which causes him not to be able to remember some things, but that if he did do it it was an accident and he is sorry. Not that he said he did it and he hopes the family can forgive him. If any of you can show me a link that actually says the stuff that was posted earlier I would like to see it, because i haven't seen it yet.

strobe

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Wow, I've worked with him before. He's an English gentleman. Very nice and polite. I don't know him but from the little bit I did work with him he certainly didn't seem the type.

Again, it's WAY too early to pass any judgement either way, but one thing I will tell you from my experience is you can never judge what someone is capable of based on their personality. Sometimes it's the most friendly guys who are the sickest predators.

Ted Bundy was considered to be one of the absolute nicest guys around, and even walked women to their cars after work everynight so nothing would happen to them - seriously. With women he knew, he was very polite, friendly, and protective.

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit, and hold off until all the facts are out. This could go either way, and based on a couple of small articles from the news media -- which generally 'reports it now, and gets the facts straight later' -- I'm reserving judgement.

This could turn out to be either a case of a sick predator, or it could turn out to be a family that over reacted. Don't believe what you read in the news, wait for the official statements from the police. I read what the news media writes about certain cases, and facts I know aren't even close to being accurate.

So at this early point, there is no reason for people to be angry and fighting like this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom