'Tigger' arrested on molestation charges

Sir Hiss527

I doubt this happend...He does appear in Toontown. I was with this girl, and we took a picture with Tigger. Hope that wasn't him...:zipit:. It's just a false testimony. People trying to get some money. But I don't know that guy kind of looked creepy...in his mugshot.

ACE

Originally posted by strobe
So at this early point, there is no reason for people to be angry and fighting like this!

I agree, but if folks would read what was written, it really had nothing to do with if this person did or didn't do it.

Most folks were replying to others talking about nonexistent lawsuits and folks acting like it couldn't happen because it's Disney.

The biggest problem came when andre85 acted like rape was no big deal and saying it was money hungry women making false accusations that was the problem. That's what everyone was reacting to.

I agree that we should wait till the facts come out, but to believe it couldn't happen at Disney is just naive.

:wave: ACE

ACE

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
I doubt this happend...He does appear in Toontown. I was with this girl, and we took a picture with Tigger. Hope that wasn't him...:zipit:. It's just a false testimony. People trying to get some money. But I don't know that guy kind of looked creepy...in his mugshot.

See this is what I'm talking about. "It's just a false testimony. People trying to get some money." There's no lawsuit filed at least not yet.

Why are you assuming the "victim" is lying? Also, just because someone looks creepy doesn't make them guilty either.

Let's stick to the facts as we know them, not jump to conclusions either way. The truth will come out.

BRER STITCH

Either way, what happened is terrible..true or false....

What bothers me is at the end of this story from the Sentinel, is the following (see it below):

In a charging affadavit filed in court, police wrote that Chartrand told them he had trouble remembering things, but was "very sorry for everything that had occurred," and hoped the victim would forgive him for what he had done.

Seemed a pretty strange thing to say. Also (and yes, I realize how superfical this is!) his picture shown on the evening news last night really did look creepy! :lookaroun

Here's the full story I saw......

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'Tigger' arrested on molestation charges
Costumed character at Disney World charged with fondling girl, mother.

By Anthony Colarossi | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted April 2, 2004, 4:49 PM EST

Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators have arrested a Walt Disney
World employee who worked as the character "Tigger" and charged him with
molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother while posing with them for
pictures in February.

Michael Chartrand, 36, was charged with one count of lewd and lascivious
molestation of a child between 12 and 15 years old and one count of simple
battery.

He was booked into the Orange County Jail today on a $2,500 bond.

A Disney spokeswoman said Chartrand has been suspended without pay.

The sheriff's office received a complaint that a costumed character at
Disney World had touched a girl and her mother inappropriately while their
pictures were being taken with the character Feb. 21. According to an
incident report, Chartrand fondled the of the girl and the mother
while posing for pictures at the Magic Kingdom's Toon Town.

"As the photo was being taken, [the victim] claims that Tigger moved his
right hand up to her right breast and started massaging it several times,"
the incident report states. [The victim] became very embarrassed and ashamed
of the incident and claims that she did not say anything to her mother until
they left the park."

Later, the girl learned that the costumed character had done the same thing
to her mother with his left hand, the report says.

In a charging affadavit filed in court, police wrote that Chartrand told
them he had trouble remembering things, but was "very sorry for everything
that had occurred," and hoped the victim would forgive him for what he had
done.

The girl and her father reported the incident on Feb. 29.

Incident Report:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2004-04/12072691.pdf

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by ACE
See this is what I'm talking about. "It's just a false testimony. People trying to get some money." There's no lawsuit filed at least not yet.

Why are you assuming the "victim" is lying? Also, just because someone looks creepy doesn't make them guilty either.

Let's stick to the facts as we know them, not jump to conclusions either way. The truth will come out.

Whoa, Whoa, Sorry ACE. Your right I don't know if the victim is lying or not. And I don't know about Tigger. But everyone's entitled to there opinion here on the boards. But your right I shouldn't jump to conclusions like that? The truth will come out.

No hard feelings? Nice avatar by the way.

Dr Albert Falls

The official statement from police is : "we arrested this guy for fondling two women." What more do you EXPECT them to say? "Well, we aren't sure if he did it or not, but we're gonna throw him in jail, and then spend thousands of taxpayer dollars prosecuting this guy JUST IN CASE."?!?!?!?

Obviously, they did NOT make this arrest on a whim. An overzealous rookie cop did NOT bust in and arrest the first Tigger he saw. There was more than a month of investigations, involving not just the sheriff's office, but also the state attorney's office (who will ultimately prosecute this case).

Sure, there is always that CHANCE police got it wrong. You can certainly find examples of juries who find someone "not guilty" of criminal charges.

But c'mon, how often does that REALLY happen?

I'm not saying THIS guy did it. That's not the point.

I'm just trying to inject a little reality into the people who think its IMPOSSIBLE this would occur.

andromedaslove

I am not at all saying this couldn't have occured. I just find it odd that a person in character would attempt to fondle two women "while a picture was being taken" and in front of the photographer, 2 other characters, the cm's that guard the characters, and all of the other guests. To me that just doesn't make sense.

On a side not I find it absolutely repulsive that the news all over the world has found it necessary to state over and over again that TIGGER was arrested for molesting a child and her mother. Tigger did NOT do it, if it did happen it was a man in character as tigger. They showed so many pics of tigger at Magic Kingdom as they were stating that TIGGER had done something horrible. One of the reasons I am glad I have cable TV and don't have to deal with all of the commercials saying what is gonna be on the news that night. I would have been really upset had my 2 year old seen that and thought TIGGER was in jail and was a bad person.

ACE

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Whoa, Whoa, Sorry ACE. Your right I don't know if the victim is lying or not. And I don't know about Tigger. But everyone's entitled to there opinion here on the boards. But your right I shouldn't jump to conclusions like that? The truth will come out.

No hard feelings? Nice avatar by the way.

:lol: Sorry, didn't mean to come across mad or anything. I'm not. I was just frustrated with the way things went yesterday on this subject.

Thanks for the comment on the avatar. It's my first animated one. I was actually making it for you but I couldn't get it smooth. I'm still working making it smoother with a fade. I put it up to test it out and have been too lazy to change it back. :lol:

lamarvenoy

It is horrible that the Media refer to the person as "tigger". There have been thousands of "tiggers" (Rob included). This case may be a criminal case but that is the way all high profile cases like this start out- it looks better when they file the civil case. These people are just looking for a quick buck and I'm sure they will get it, even a settlement could be millions by now. The timing of the reporting...hmmm you think they talked to a lawyer first!PAYCHECK! That's what this is all about, to compare this situation to a woman who gets raped is a slap in the face to ALL rape victims. Maybe his hand touched her breast,BIG DEAL, accidents happen and this is just another case of the zionist media spinning out of control and only the money hungry family benefit. Did the mom report it when she got "fondled" NO only after her daughter said something about it days later did her mom suddenly care. Welcome to Suemerica.

Dayma

Just because somebody work for Disney and wears a Tigger outfit does not mean that he is different from the person down the street. I just feel that this could of happened and it really scares me.......

I almost think twice about putting my child into a situation like this anymore.

Also please dont make blanket statements that most rape victims lie. I dont think that anyone have enough evidence/statistics to prove that.

Dayma

n a charging affadavit filed in court, police wrote that Chartrand told them he had trouble remembering things, but was "very sorry for everything that had occurred," and hoped the victim would forgive him for what he had done.

This also leads me to belive that he is guilty. He did NOT come out and say he did NOT do it, only that he cant remeber.

ACE

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
It is horrible that the Media refer to the person as "tigger". There have been thousands of "tiggers" (Rob included). This case may be a criminal case but that is the way all high profile cases like this start out- it looks better when they file the civil case. These people are just looking for a quick buck and I'm sure they will get it, even a settlement could be millions by now. The timing of the reporting...hmmm you think they talked to a lawyer first!PAYCHECK! That's what this is all about, to compare this situation to a woman who gets raped is a slap in the face to ALL rape victims. Maybe his hand touched her breast,BIG DEAL, accidents happen and this is just another case of the zionist media spinning out of control and only the money hungry family benefit. Did the mom report it when she got "fondled" NO only after her daughter said something about it days later did her mom suddenly care. Welcome to Suemerica.

For you to say "These people are just looking for a quick buck and I'm sure they will get it, even a settlement could be millions by now. The timing of the reporting...hmmm you think they talked to a lawyer first!PAYCHECK!" Is a slap in the face to anyone who has been molested or raped.

It's easy for the mom to think it was a accident if it only happened to her or maybe she was just gonna let it go as not to make a scene. But when it's your child then that's a different story. If it was my daughter I would've been the one arrested for kicking Tigger's you know what. :lol:

lamarvenoy

Originally posted by ACE
For you to say "These people are just looking for a quick buck and I'm sure they will get it, even a settlement could be millions by now. The timing of the reporting...hmmm you think they talked to a lawyer first!PAYCHECK!" Is a slap in the face to anyone who has been molested or raped.

It's easy for the mom to think it was a accident if it only happened to her or maybe she was just gonna let it go as not to make a scene. But when it's your child then that's a different story. If it was my daughter I would've been the one arrested for kicking Tigger's you know what. :lol:

There it is again...rape...molestation. With dozens of people watching do you really think this guy could fondle them over and over without everyone saying GEEZ! HE'S RUBBING THEIR ! If he did do it on purpose he at most copped a feel and a very limited one at that being in that thick costume. More likely it was accidental, reguardless it is being compared to RAPE and MURDER, come on. The bail says it all $2500. That is a petty crime if indeed a crime happened at all. The only reason it is on CNN is because the familys lawyer is trying to bring attention to it so he can cash in when it comes to CIVIL CHARGES. If this happened with Santa at your local mall at Christmas time do you think it would be on CNN? Determined attorney + Media sharks = BIG SETTLEMENT.

no2apprentice

What a thread.

For those who don't seem to mind the sexual assault of people you know, let me know when you'll be at the parks with your girlfriend/wife/daughter, and I'll make sure to wear Mickey ears and Mickey gloves and rub the breast of your girlfriend/wife/daughter. We'll all have a laugh afterwards.

I mean, I'm in a costume (cheap, maybe, but still a costume), in the most well known theme park, and have gloves on as thick as oven mitts. No intent, just having fun. If somebody takes offense and doesn't see the humor, it was an accident, and I'm sorry.

Geesh.:rolleyes:

You said it best, Ace. If someone committs a sexual assault on a family member, they're going to jail. Once they regain conciousness.

ACE

There it is again...rape...molestation. With dozens of people watching do you really think this guy could fondle them over and over without everyone saying GEEZ! HE'S RUBBING THEIR ! If he did do it on purpose he at most copped a feel and a very limited one at that being in that thick costume. More likely it was accidental, reguardless it is being compared to RAPE and MURDER, come on. The bail says it all $2500. That is a petty crime if indeed a crime happened at all. The only reason it is on CNN is because the familys lawyer is trying to bring attention to it so he can cash in when it comes to CIVIL CHARGES. If this happened with Santa at your local mall at Christmas time do you think it would be on CNN? Determined attorney + Media sharks = BIG SETTLEMENT.

1. I was quoting your words when I said rape.

2. Where did it say "fondle them over and over"?

3. "If he did do it on purpose he at most copped a feel and a very limited one at that being in that thick costume. Holy Cow! I can't believe you said that! Wrong is wrong. What if it was your relative?

4. "reguardless it is being compared to RAPE and MURDER, come on." Who used the word murder, besides you?

5. I agree that this is one lawsuit happy country, but again, wait till the truth comes out before you pass judgement on the accuser or the accused.

6. Actually I think it's on TV because it's Disney related not because some lawyer wants it on TV to help his nonexistent lawsuit. If it was the lawyers doing then that's all we would ever see on the news. :lol:

Take Care,
ACE

Dayma

lamarvenoy I am amazed that you give the defense so much slack but you dont even consider that it is possible. Thats not how our great legal system is supposed to work.

Just sounds like you are angry about this and have your mind made up before all of the facts are heard. Especially since we do not know half of the facts....

artvandelay

this is just another case of the zionist media spinning out of control and only the money hungry family benefit.

Would you clarify what you mean about 'zionist media'

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by Senderella
I agree they need to stop referring to him as Tigger

In a earlier post I referred to him as Tigger myself, but I only did that cause I forgot the guy's name. See what I mean...It looks kind of bad for the company "Tigger touched 2 women?" But also in a way you still got to keep the magic for the kids..I mean the name Tigger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom