Ticket prices to increase AGAIN??

Captain Chaos

Every price increase alienates a portion of the people who would visit Disney. Does this stop them from totally visiting WDW? Maybe some but not all. Instead of going 3 times a year, people may cut down to 1 once a year. And the people who go once a year, may go once every 2 or 3 years. However, sooner or later the middle class wil lbe excluded from the parks because, as prices increase, salaries stay stagnant, and middle class families will never be able to afford a trip to Disney. I love Disney, and I am fortune enought o afford to go every year, but I would also celebrate the day that Disney suffers because of their greed.[/quote]

I hate statements like this. It is, after all, YOUR GREED that is making you so upset, isn't it?

You are too greedy for your money. Deal with it. If you don't want to go, don't.

I don't understand how someone can be GREEDY with their own money. If someone thinks $75 is too expensive for a Disney park and doesn't go, you would critisize that person calling them GREEDY? How are they greedy? They aren't feeding Disney's corporate pockets, so they are greedy with their own money? Ever hear of HEY I CANNOT AFFORD $75 A DAY FOR DISNEY SO I DON'T GO????? And how many times have you ever complained about a merchandise store after every ride? Why does Disney do that? To make money.... cause THEY ARE GREEDY. Name one company that isn't greedy. Brokerage firms are greedy. Banks are greedy. Universal Studios is greedy and shocking, DISNEY is greedy. Doesn't Disney make a ton of money now? Do they NEED a price increase to stay profitable? NO!!! So, why raise prices?? GREED. Face it, GREED is the American way.

I stated I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to go every year. But, I know reality. Many people CANNOT afford to go. And price increases make that list longer and longer until NO ONE, other that the rich, will be able to afford it. There is such a thing as pricing yourself out of the market. And these theme parks are getting dangerously close.

And by the way Jimbo, I was being sarcastic when I said I would celebrate the day Disney suffers from their greed. As a share holder, I love their price increases. I love their record profits. I LOVE THE STOCK PRICE GOING UP.. YES, I AM GREEDY!!!!!!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think someone wanting to keep more of what they make is frugal. I agree that corporations can get greedy (Enron). Until I see that Disney is breaking laws to make larger profit, I will exclude them from the greed catigory. Until that time, I will take it at face value that they are increasing prices to continue to try to provide the most magical experience possible.

TinkerBelle8878

I wish Disney would just go back to the old normaly passes instead of MYW. No expiration park hoppers for this price. So if there's an increase why not make it where the increase encompasses this instead of nickel and diming everyone?

LudwigVonDrake

Do we have an "Official" announcement from Disney that they're raising ticket prices? They will charge whatever the market will bear and evidently the last ticket price increase didn't stop people from visiting because we're all reading posts about record attendance this Holiday season.

Figments Friend

I don't think there has been yet....and when i think about it i am not surprised.

Disney knows we are not dumb...and if they "officially" confirmed that the prices are going up again their would be a mad dash as people purchase Park tickets in this last week of 06 before the price hike.

I remember last year at this time the same thing was going on. I knew i was visiting again the following year, and was debating wether or not to "buy now" and ad on a "no Ex" option so i would just have them. I came to realize it was pointless to do, as all the best package deals from Disney INCLUDE the tickets. Buying the tickets alone ahead would not save me anything really....

It is tempting to do however.....

drp4video

I used to get AP's because we went about three times a year, but a year ago I got a 10 day hopper, no expiration instead as DD started college and I Figured we would not be going as often. I ended up going three times, but she did not. I figured the 1o hopper no expiration made my 10 days a lot cheaper than just buying the days I needed when I went. If I had purchased the AP, it would have expired and I would have had to buy another one 6 months ago. I still have two days left, and DD has 4. So, I love the way the new prices are. THe longer the pass, the less each day costs. Just make them non-expirational.

CJR

I'm fine with the current prices and would be fine with an increase, but making it an annual thing is getting old. Also, I dislike the "per day" stuff. Although it is true, for most parks, if you go three or more days, it's cheaper to get a season pass. The fact is that the longer your at WDW the more you pay, it's just you pay less each day. However, your final total cost would be higher than if you went one day less. It's sort of a trick to get people to stay longer.

Also, I don't think they designed the MYW system with Christmas in mind. It's good for January and September when the parks aren't doing so hot. So although it packs out the parks on Christmas, it keeps months like January and September from falling into the red. It's a neat system, but during the busier times of the year, it hurts the quality of the parks. Either way, it helps keep the company in the green all year round.

As I said before, it's not the park prices I hate. Considering a concert can cost the same amount and be at least 10 hours less in the amount of time there, $70+ is worth going to WDW. It's the annual price increase to eat there, to sleep at their hotels, to drive or fly there, to shop there, and then the increasing taxes that bother me. In the end is it all worth it? Absolutely, but my point is this isn't just Disney doing this, it's everything everywhere raising prices. How much have your movie theaters increased in the last five years? What about concerts? The list goes on.

Eventually, if we don't start making more money to cover these expenses, we will be entertained less. That might be a good thing, but we all know that it won't be wanted or welcomed. The way I see it, if the price is as low as the company is willing to charge, it's in my benefit to go there. Some of you look at it from a business point of view, but if you're smart, you'll look at it from a consumer point of view. It's foolish to say "I'll gladly give you two more dollars when you only want what you currently charge." That's kind of stupid to say that. I'm not meaning to start a fire or anything, but you aren't a good business person if you admit you're willing to pay more. If you pay more, you have to give up something that you could have spent those two dollars on. That is less for you. Is it greed? Yes, but it's also being a smart shopper. I'm not saying you should boycott Disney or anything, that's taking it too far, but if you're smart you'll want the price to be as low as possible. That's how Disney sees it and we should also see it that way. As I said though, it goes way beyond Disney. Pretty much everything you know and love, you get less of.

Sorry for another rant. :eek:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I wish Disney would just go back to the old normaly passes instead of MYW. No expiration park hoppers for this price. So if there's an increase why not make it where the increase encompasses this instead of nickel and diming everyone?

Heck why dont we just go back the old "ticket" method so you can choose which attractions you wanted to spend your money on. :rolleyes:

basas

Heck why dont we just go back the old "ticket" method so you can choose which attractions you wanted to spend your money on. :rolleyes:

In some ways...that ticket system worked better. A lot of senior citizens (for example) love to come to the parks with their grandchildren and families. Many, however, go on very few rides and spend most of the day people-watching and enjoying seeing their families have fun. Why should they pay $67 to sit on a bench?

Just trying to see both sides here… I, personally, would NOT like to go back to that system but for some guests, it was a fairer system.

Brian Noble

I think it means there is no AAA discount. That's exactly the current gate price. AAA-MI didn't discount *any* WDW tickets last time I checked, except for forwarding on the standard advance purchase discount that you get direct from disney.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's called - cash cow....
cowalone.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't resist.:lol:

They used to do admissions both ways. You could either buy a book of A-E tickets, or you could buy a pass that allowed you on everything.

So, it COULD be done. :wave:

CBOMB

I don't remember what the admission, and ticket book cost at Disneyland in 1967, but with the military discount it was a buck for admission, and another buck for ten tickets good on any ride. I was on the submarine ride (can't remember what it was called back then) when it broke down. We were stranded for a very long time. When we finally got out of it the, park was empty. They compensated me for my inconvience with a D-ticket refund. I'm still traumatized by going from an E-ticket equivant down to a lowly D-ticket. This creates class warfare amoung the CM when they are reminded each time they take a ticket they are operating a ride that cost less to ride than something else. Therefore I oppose individual tickets for moral principles.:D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't remember what the admission, and ticket book cost at Disneyland in 1967, but with the military discount it was a buck for admission, and another buck for ten tickets good on any ride. I was on the submarine ride (can't remember what it was called back then) when it broke down. We were stranded for a very long time. When we finally got out of it the, park was empty. They compensated me for my inconvience with a D-ticket refund. I'm still traumatized by going from an E-ticket equivant down to a lowly D-ticket. This creates class warfare amoung the CM when they are reminded each time they take a ticket they are operating a ride that cost less to ride than something else. Therefore I oppose individual tickets for moral principles.:D

That's funny.

MGMBoy

Well...Unless they're dropping it without warning ANYONE, the prices aren't going up. When they did in August we had 3-4 days warning. Just a thought. TTFN.

he-guy

Well...Unless they're dropping it without warning ANYONE, the prices aren't going up. When they did in August we had 3-4 days warning. Just a thought. TTFN.

I agree, its after 12 in Florida now, with no change in prices. They must have decided to change them during the 50th and decided they don't need to do it again for the YOMD.

PKD

I agree, its after 12 in Florida now, with no change in prices. They must have decided to change them during the 50th and decided they don't need to do it again for the YOMD.

I find the logic of it being midnight in FLA hard to swallow. They can change the price at anytime during the day on any day. The past years the price didn't go up right at midnight or on the 1st of Jan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom