Ticket prices to increase AGAIN??

sbkline

I'm never thrilled about ticket price increases, obviously. But on the other hand, I can go to Medieval Times and spend about 50 bucks per person to sit through a two or three hour dinner and show. So spending 20 or 30 bucks more for an all day/all evening experience, as opposed to a 2-3 hour experience, doesn't seem all that unreasonable. I guess it's all in how you look at things.

drp4video

That is how I feel too. I spent $125 for VIP Lion King tickets and the show, including intermission is about 3 hours. I resisted La Nouba for a long time because I felt for the price of one ticket to the show, I could almost have two days in WDW...(but I did see the show last time I was there, and it was
spectacular).

LudwigVonDrake

I have read that attendance is approaching Pre-9/11 levels. As long as that happens, ticket prices will only go up and not come down. If things start to sour again, they'll do discounts on the hotel rooms like they did a few years ago with the 7 Days for the price of 4. Ticket prices are where they are going to stay.

JimboJones123

I don't understand how someone can be GREEDY with their own money. If someone thinks $75 is too expensive for a Disney park and doesn't go, you would critisize that person calling them GREEDY? How are they greedy? They aren't feeding Disney's corporate pockets, so they are greedy with their own money? Ever hear of HEY I CANNOT AFFORD $75 A DAY FOR DISNEY SO I DON'T GO????? And how many times have you ever complained about a merchandise store after every ride? Why does Disney do that? To make money.... cause THEY ARE GREEDY. Name one company that isn't greedy. Brokerage firms are greedy. Banks are greedy. Universal Studios is greedy and shocking, DISNEY is greedy. Doesn't Disney make a ton of money now? Do they NEED a price increase to stay profitable? NO!!! So, why raise prices?? GREED. Face it, GREED is the American way.

I stated I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to go every year. But, I know reality. Many people CANNOT afford to go. And price increases make that list longer and longer until NO ONE, other that the rich, will be able to afford it. There is such a thing as pricing yourself out of the market. And these theme parks are getting dangerously close.

And by the way Jimbo, I was being sarcastic when I said I would celebrate the day Disney suffers from their greed. As a share holder, I love their price increases. I love their record profits. I LOVE THE STOCK PRICE GOING UP.. YES, I AM GREEDY!!!!!!!!

Sorry, stingy not going. Greedy for complaining.

Captain Chaos

It appears ticket prices ARE going to be going up. Someone told me they noticed Disneyland's tickets have gone up. Two day tickets increased $6.00 while 3 or more day tickets have increased $10.00. Single day tickets haven't increased yet. No word on when WDW's ticket price increase will happen, if at all. But word was, once Disneyland's took affect, WDW's would be right behind.

KrazyKowboy

reason for increases

Do you ever wonder where all the money goes from those price increases ? Maybe this is part of it.....

Walt Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger earned $17 million in salary and bonus in 2006, nearly double what he was paid the previous year, the media company said in a regulatory filing Friday.
Iger's 2006 salary was $2 million, up from $1.5 million in 2005, Disney said. His cash bonus, however, nearly doubled to $15 million from $7.74 million the previous year.

And I thought I was doing good with 4% up on my check,,,geeeeeez !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom