News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
Well turns out that was a false alarm. MDX sent out the call for the first groups but the ride was not open.
Looks to have finally opened around 11:56am. A ~3 hour delayed opening..
1000012281.jpg

trmiv

Wow I tried to get into the 1pm queue, hit refresh right at 1pm, got the button, immediately hit join and instantly all slots were gone in less than a few seconds.

Edit: read back in the thread. I had no idea how quick these 1pm drops were going. I was super quick on the button too. Jeez I guess we’re not previewing this thing

Last edited:

Den Carter

Wow I tried to get into the 1pm queue, hit refresh right at 1pm, got the button, immediately hit join and instantly all slots were gone in less than a few seconds.

Edit: read back in the thread. I had no idea how quick these 1pm drops were going. I was super quick on the button too. Jeez I guess we’re not previewing this thing
Yes, the preview VQ is the 100% opposite of the usual Tron/Guardians scenario. Easy at 7am, not at 1pm. Essentially if you don't have an MK reservation you're out of luck.

RoadiJeff

Try tapping the Refresh button slightly before 1pm, maybe 0.5-0.75 seconds before then. It factors in network delay times by doing that.

Also, use the atomic clock time from the government website if you want to be precise.

Those things got me BG #1 for TRON and GotG when I was there last fall.

trmiv

Try tapping the Refresh button slightly before 1pm, maybe 0.5-0.75 seconds before then. It factors in network delay times by doing that.

Also, use the atomic clock time from the government website if you want to be precise.

Those things got me BG #1 for TRON and GotG when I was there last fall.
I did do it right before actually, and I got the button and immediately clicked join and got the “there was a problem”. Refreshed that and it was gone.

Ridiculous process. Getting into the previous passholder previews was not this difficult.

Den Carter

I did do it right before actually, and I got the button and immediately clicked join and got the “there was a problem”. Refreshed that and it was gone.

Ridiculous process. Getting into the previous passholder previews was not this difficult.
The problem is that there's so much glitching tech involved in MDE that you can hit that button within a nanosecond of another person and still one of you will get lucky and one of you won't. The system is more of a lottery than a first-past-the-finish line situation.

trmiv

The family doesn’t want to ride it bad enough to get up early if I got an early slot. Also I can’t take the morning off from work anyway because of meetings, so afternoon is what I’ve got.

We’re local anyway, so we’ll get on it at some point, not a big deal. I do miss the previous way of registering for passholder previews. Never had any issues getting slots that worked for us.

DWparadise

The family doesn’t want to ride it bad enough to get up early if I got an early slot. Also I can’t take the morning off from work anyway because of meetings, so afternoon is what I’ve got.

We’re local anyway, so we’ll get on it at some point, not a big deal. I do miss the previous way of registering for passholder previews. Never had any issues getting slots that worked for us.
This is the first year of AP for us. We've heard of AP previews and I'm excited to try it for the first time. So the previous ways of registering was easy, but not anymore now that we've become AP? What rotten luck. And this is the only year we can afford to be AP. So we will never get to enjoy AP previews. Not a big deal, we are local and will get on sooner or later. It's just that I've always been envious of people in the past who bragged about AP previews. Well, it is not meant to be.

Den Carter

This is the first year of AP for us. We've heard of AP previews and I'm excited to try it for the first time. So the previous ways of registering was easy, but not anymore now that we've become AP? What rotten luck. And this is the only year we can afford to be AP. So we will never get to enjoy AP previews. Not a big deal, we are local and will get on sooner or later. It's just that I've always been envious of people in the past who bragged about AP previews. Well, it is not meant to be.
The old system wasn't flawless either. It still involved a lot of luck. The biggest advantage to the old system was that you knew if you were unlucky or not a good chunk of time in advance, not on the day itself. I'd still prefer they did standby for previews. It would mean waiting in line, possibly a very long one, but at least then it would be less of a lottery.

trmiv

The ones we did previously you went to a website and reserved a day/time ahead of time. So you had an idea well in advance if/when you were going. I never had issues grabbing spots when it was that way, and we could plan ahead.

CntrlFlPete

I like the idea behind a VQ, for APpreviews, it's just another lottery level that we all get to play day of.

When we lived further away, I gave up on WDW as a vacation as I always felt I needed a vacation from my vacation w/ all the plans my wife had to make for the family -- this was around '13 when plans needed to be around meal experiences or something.

Returned to visiting when we became neighbors. So happy we can just roll with it all. Maybe 'technical rehearsals' represents better than 'passholder previews'.

When we pulled a low boarding group, we went ahead and headed to the MK in the AM. Pulled into the lot right at 9 AM, saw the APP showed no BG's had been called while Tron showed groups called, we were parked on the Polly side of things, I had seen many openings at Kona this AM before we left for the MK -- so we went over to the polly after parking, got walk up into Kona.

When we had finished up from breakfast, we had been called -- the APP told us we had until 11:15 to ride. Headed over to MK -- went back to Tiana's, the ride was down, it had never opened we would learn -- told just to watch the APP to see when they called BG's again or just know we could ride anytime before 7 PM -- sort of sux, but works, we know we will ride if it opens today.

just to worry us or something, the APP starts to state that we missed our BG time so we could no longer see which BG's were loading anymore (without needing to know a different way to check what BG's are running -- so happy I am not on a trip, a trip where I thought I would have a chance to ride!!

Hey, we were in the MK, so we did a few things -- walking around hearing how the words 'boarding group' is used the way 'Fast Pass' was used in the past, or 'Genii' today.

Found ourselves back in the area of the ride. Decided to jump on the train. Now, I am one that likes the whole show of WDW -- there is sort of a dance that often happens around the opening of things. While waiting on the train, i could see how the CM's that work load were marched off, just a couple of cast members now where there was a line, I tell my wife and daughter that the posture of the cast has changed, that it looked to be moving to an open state -- my daughter spots an 'event entrance here' sort of sign. I give the family the options to just exit -- we decide to take the train. We go one stop, jump off and walk back.

We ended up getting in line around 12:12. Things went well from there!!

MickeyLuv'r

The old system wasn't flawless either. It still involved a lot of luck. The biggest advantage to the old system was that you knew if you were unlucky or not a good chunk of time in advance, not on the day itself. I'd still prefer they did standby for previews. It would mean waiting in line, possibly a very long one, but at least then it would be less of a lottery.
Once upon a time, that is what WDW did. That is how I was able to ride Soarin' during the AP preview. That was a different time, I suppose. The crazy thing is though, it was right around Easter 2005, and during the Flower Festival. I recall we waited about an hour. At the time, we considered that an unusually long time to wait, but thought it was well worthwhile.

I think I was only allowed to ride once, but I would not have wanted to wait 2 times for an hour back then.

One other crazy thing is- back then- with 1 AP I was able to bring friends with me!

The other crazy thing is that we just walked up to the queue around 11am. We didn't feel any need to rush over that way at rope drop.

Yeah, that was a different era....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom