News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
This has certainly been a very challenging preview period. The ride has really shown no signs of any reliability improvement since the first day for the CM preview. They have ten days left to get it into shape - will be interesting to see if they can do it.
Do you think they’re being overly cautious and shutting or delaying it because of a non-functioning AA or similar to preserve show, or are there serious ride system issues requiring a shutdown.

gerarar

Premium Member
The VQ interface in MDE still says that BGs callbacks are paused, but the backend API is currently calling BGs as of 2:31pm with BGs 27-32.
1718735820872.png

MDE currently:
1000012307.jpg

Could perhaps be another error. 🤷‍♀️

tissandtully

That's a shame, our initial plan was to go today, but we ended up going yesterday last minute, looks like we are the lucky few who have got to experience it on AP preview. FWIW everything was working fine.

lightningtap347

The VQ interface in MDE still says that BGs callbacks are paused, but the backend API is currently calling BGs as of 2:31pm with BGs 27-32.
View attachment 793017

MDE currently:
View attachment 793018

Could perhaps be another error. 🤷‍♀️
I've always been interested in how you've put together your graphics/data consumption. Does Disney have a public API? Are you web/packet scraping?

I've always wanted to interact with Disney tech to visualize ideas I've had operationally but have never had the time.

StarWarsGirl

It still says paused, but my green bar on MDE has moved
Screenshot_20240618_145037_Disney World.jpg

Boats are still running empty, although I swore I heard some people on them a few minutes ago. Water canons appear to be working as well.

Ayla

I've always been interested in how you've put together your graphics/data consumption. Does Disney have a public API? Are you web/packet scraping?

I've always wanted to interact with Disney tech to visualize ideas I've had operationally but have never had the time.
I have no idea what any of this post means, but I've wondered, too! 😂

gerarar

Premium Member

Not really, the VQ API isn't that public. At least compared to something like their hours/calendar API which you could easily find in your browser developer tools.

Initially I did some listening on the packets that the MDE app sends out. Did it with the Android app as it's much easier to decompile and stuff. Plus there's a bunch of tools out there (PCAPdroid).

Once I had the API endpoints and interface figured out, I just made some bots/scrapers from there (python is my go-to language for stuff like this).

Over time, Disney got more strict with their API. So had to implement rotating proxies and that sorts to avoid IP bans. And just recently, they locked it down via access tokens. That took me like a day to figure out because it was a separate endpoint altogether and it gets cached in the app, so had to reset my app everytime I needed to scrape/listen to packets to figure it out.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

There’s something awfully meta about these show stoppages, given the narrative of the ride is Tiana scrambling to find a band.

Maybe Louis was in charge of finding overnight maintenance too!

lightningtap347

I have no idea what any of this post means, but I've wondered, too! 😂

This is a good high level explanation of what I was asking about!

TLDR: Apps/Websites need ways to send and receive information, and there are ways to grab that information in a fairly standardized manner!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom