News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

easyrowrdw

Ofc I got bg 17 and I live in Tampa and going to church today. I will report back if they let us on lol
This is a frustrating part of Disney’s reservation system. You can have a reservation while being in Tampa, but guests with APs staying at resorts are shut out because they still need reservations.

But I hope you get to ride!

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

This is a frustrating part of Disney’s reservation system. You can have a reservation while being in Tampa, but guests with APs staying at resorts are shut out because they still need reservations.

But I hope you get to ride!
It is sad. If I had gotten a later group it would have been better but it’s a catch - 22. If you wait too long to tap the button then you risk not getting a reservation.

ETA: and there’s no way of knowing in advance how fast each day’s drop will last

DCBaker

Premium Member
Day 3 of 6 of AP Previews:

7am drop closed at 7:18am, lasting for 1095.112 secs, or ~18 mins.
Sunday 7am Drop Average: 18m -> 18m (+0)

BG's 1-20 called at 9:18am as part of the initial wave.

For what it's worth, it appears groups were called before 9am, but for whatever reason, didn't show up in the "Now Boarding Groups" line in MDE:

gerarar

Premium Member
It is sad. If I had gotten a later group it would have been better but it’s a catch - 22. If you wait too long to tap the button then you risk not getting a reservation.

ETA: and there’s no way of knowing in advance how fast each day’s drop will last
If it's already open for a couple mins, could always leave the VQ and rejoin it to get a later BG.

I used this strategy at Tron when the afternoon drop (used to) last for hours to hopefully get a callback at night.

Obviously there's still the risk that it might close as soon you leave it, but just have to be quick about it lol

Last edited:

vikescaper

Have they been lenient with late arrivals? We got group 15 and I am not sure if we will make it there in time since we have to drop the dogs off at the kennel and then park.
We arrived about 20 minutes after our return window closed. We were able to ride with no issues! BTW, we ended up with a Tron boarding group, too. I attempted to book Tron after getting Tiana but received an error message. I looked in the app and we had both.

easyrowrdw

Yup. I was also thinking of the park reservation system. I know by the time I was aware of the preview specifics it was too late to change my reservations - MK was gone fast. I can’t imagine I’m the only one. I’m thankful I was able to get a 1pm drop the 2nd day though.

dreamfinder912

We arrived about 20 minutes after our return window closed. We were able to ride with no issues! BTW, we ended up with a Tron boarding group, too. I attempted to book Tron after getting Tiana but received an error message. I looked in the app and we had both.
That's good to hear. We were at lunch with my father and our group will be called soon. From house to mk gates with parking it takes close to an hour. Fingers crossed!

dreamfinder912

All about perspective, I came from Tulsa OK and got shut out twice… while watching mostly empty loga go by late Fri.
Ohhh I hate the empty logs/cars in any of the VQ rides. We are pretty fast and usually get a top 10 group for Tron and the sheer volume of empty cars when we go to photo pass to recover our pics just drives me bananas. So many more people could be riding in the early part of the day. Call a wider net of groups or something 🤣

dreamfinder912

It has varied depending on circumstances. It’s been as low as walk-on, and up to an hour or so.
Thank you! They've paused boarding so we hope to be nearby when it goes back up as we're the next group to be called. I can wait forever on a bench but not very long in a queue 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom