News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

Den Carter

Final Day 1 Stats (6/13) [Day 1/6 AP previews]:
7am: 7341.4 secs, or ~2 hours 2 mins
1pm: 2.5 secs*
*the morning 7am drop lasted longer than afternoon 1pm drop

BG 100 is the last BG called for the day at 8pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:00 - 11:40am
1:28 - 4:15pm
5:04 - 6:15pm
6:21 - 6:50pm

Average pace: 5mins/BG until 5pm, 2mins/BG from 7pm to close.

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 2hr 2m -> 2hr 2m (+0)
1pm: 2.5s -> 2.5s (+0)

That does it for Day 1 of Tiana's Bayou Adventure!
View attachment 791611
Thank you for your service!

Do we know how many BGs were given out? i.e. was 100 the final one?

gerarar

Premium Member
Day 2 of 6 of AP Previews:

7am drop closed at 7:24am, lasting for 1413.210 secs, or ~24 mins.
Friday 7am Drop Average: 24m -> 24m (+0)

BG's 1-10 called at 9:39am as part of the initial wave.

Side note: The morning 7am drop went by quicker versus yesterday's ~2 hours!

Last edited:

DWparadise

Day 2 of 6 of AP Previews:

7am drop closed at 7:24am, lasting for 1413.210 secs, or ~24 mins.
Friday 7am Drop Average: 24m -> 24m (+0)

BG's have not been initially called yet for the day. Park opens at 9am.

Side note: The morning 7am drop went by quicker versus yesterday's ~2 hours!
Awesome stats. This is a great improvement, I hope, for the 1pm drop. Yesterday I couldn't get the 1pm at all even though I was there right at 1, though not to the second, because I didn't expect it to be that close.

gerarar

Premium Member
Thank you for your service!

Do we know how many BGs were given out? i.e. was 100 the final one?
I saw on Twitter/X that someone got BG 98 during the 1pm drop. Someone on this thread got a BG in the 80's.

But it's hard to tell if all the BGs distributed during the 1pm drop were called by the end of the night. They did call like 18 BGs during the last 10 mins before they stopped, so that leads me to believe they did.

gerarar

Premium Member
Also saw this, which is interesting.

Do not wait until the last hour-ish of park close for your BG callback. They seemingly closed the queue down an hour before park close.

So not even a valid and called BG guarantees you a ride at the end of the day, eg. don't go watch HEA then head over to TBA to get in the VQ line.

Den Carter

I know that unusually you don't have to be in MK for the 1pm drop - you only need to have a park reservation for another park. But does anyone have any insight as to whether being there in MK would make a difference? e.g. does the algorithm favor people who've already tapped into MK, perhaps purely because it's taken a split second less to validate that they're eligible to join?
I'm heading to Epcot shortly and hope to try the 1pm TBA drop. Undecided whether I want to make a particular effort to arrive at MK before lunch!

DCBaker

Premium Member
It appears Disney has removed the Virtual Queue estimated wait time:

IMG_5315.jpeg

JMikeR

We started at Epcot yesterday and lucked into getting boarding group 98 during the 1pm window. Left Epcot around 3 for Magic Kingdom. Most of the afternoon, it was showing a boarding time around 9pm. With the storms around 6pm, all outdoor rides stopped operating for over an hour and we almost gave up, as they were still only boarding in the 40s. Ended up hanging around and around 8pm, our estimated time went from an hour to available within 10 minutes. We were in line at Space Mountain and went to Tiana’s as soon as we rode. The queue was fairly backed up when we arrived and took about an hour for us to get to the boarding area.

Unfortunately, as we were climbing the final hill, the ride shut down. After about 20 minutes, we were evacuated from the ride. Interesting experience all around (especially trying to get off the boats on the steep incline). I hadn’t seen anyone post about the final ride shutdown, but can confirm around 9:30pm, the ride stopped for the evening.

retr0gate

Do we know if they're being strict with the return times? I'd imagine not with how often the ride is breaking down, but I still don't feel like driving all the way to MK only to be told I can't go on if I miss my window.

PostScott

I know that unusually you don't have to be in MK for the 1pm drop - you only need to have a park reservation for another park. But does anyone have any insight as to whether being there in MK would make a difference? e.g. does the algorithm favor people who've already tapped into MK, perhaps purely because it's taken a split second less to validate that they're eligible to join?
I'm heading to Epcot shortly and hope to try the 1pm TBA drop. Undecided whether I want to make a particular effort to arrive at MK before lunch!
I've never noticed a difference. You can get a BG from anywhere as long as you scanned into the park before 1

Disstevefan1

We started at Epcot yesterday and lucked into getting boarding group 98 during the 1pm window. Left Epcot around 3 for Magic Kingdom. Most of the afternoon, it was showing a boarding time around 9pm. With the storms around 6pm, all outdoor rides stopped operating for over an hour and we almost gave up, as they were still only boarding in the 40s. Ended up hanging around and around 8pm, our estimated time went from an hour to available within 10 minutes. We were in line at Space Mountain and went to Tiana’s as soon as we rode. The queue was fairly backed up when we arrived and took about an hour for us to get to the boarding area.

Unfortunately, as we were climbing the final hill, the ride shut down. After about 20 minutes, we were evacuated from the ride. Interesting experience all around (especially trying to get off the boats on the steep incline). I hadn’t seen anyone post about the final ride shutdown, but can confirm around 9:30pm, the ride stopped for the evening.
We are going wait for November to even try this ride.

By then they should have all the bugs fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom