News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

StarWarsGirl

So hope you get to ride. I was planning on attempting the virtual queue at 1 p.m. to get a boarding group, but obviously, that's not to be today! Love your profile pic - cute kitty!
They're up to 55 now, so here's hoping. We do have a DVC preview tomorrow.

And thank you...the kitty is Jasmine and is aware that she is cute. 😺😆

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just got off. Everything went smoothly once it was actually up and running. No wait.

I feel bad for the poor CMs. They have a giant sign saying "special event" and people keep coming up asking if they can ride. Uh, no, hence the sign.
I am surprised they did not put up an A frame saying "Passholder Only Event" along with some description of what is happening. Would save the cast a lot of questions. The special event sign does not really mean much, and guests may think the special event is open to anyone, like in the old soft open days.

I am surprised they did not put up an A frame saying "Passholder Only Event" along with some description of what is happening. Would save the cast a lot of questions. The special event sign does not really mean much, and guests may think the special event is open to anyone, like in the old soft open days.
Those were the days. I remember when Soarin' first soft opened. My brother was like, "WDWMagic says to go stand all the way to the right of Imagination by the backstage access around 1PM." At 1:05 several people in costume came out and were like, "Do you want to ride Soarin'?" We were in the first group, front and center. To this day my mom refuses to ride anywhere but the front on it.

Kristamouse

We will be in MK on 6/25. We do not have AP’s.
Does anyone have an idea on how we will attempt to ride? Just the typical GoG or RoR grab for VQ? Any idea on if LL will be available? No chance?

Edited to be clear, we are between the AP preview and actual opening day.
Y'all are the smartest Disney Nerds I know any ideas?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have an idea on how we will attempt to ride? Just the typical GoG or RoR grab for VQ? Any idea on if LL will be available? No chance?

We don't yet know what the plans are for the days running up to the June 28 opening. As it stands now, there are no previews scheduled for June 25. That may change, and if it does, it will be reported here. Stay tuned to https://www.wdwmagic.com

Brisco

The ironic thing is the night they cancelled the virtual quere is the night the ride goes off without a hitch, no technical difficulties, we came anyway even though we didn't get a chance at 1pm, watched the logs go on all night while periodically 1 family now and then who probably was last for their boarding group go on, but mostly just empty logs going over the falls. Also a rare night of no 101s as just a light mist at times but no lightning.

Tha Realest

The ironic thing is the night they cancelled the virtual quere is the night the ride goes off without a hitch, no technical difficulties, we came anyway even though we didn't get a chance at 1pm, watched the logs go on all night while periodically 1 family now and then who probably was last for their boarding group go on, but mostly just empty logs going over the falls. Also a rare night of no 101s as just a light mist at times but no lightning.
It seems very reliable when hardly anyone rides it.

Ayla

You won't be riding it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 5 Stats (6/18) [Day 5/6 AP previews]:
7am: 9232.5 secs, or ~2 hours 34 mins
1pm: Cancelled!

BG 80 (-23) is the last BG called for the day at 5:10pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:00 - 9:35am
10:13 - 2:31pm
5:10 - 10:00pm (no BG' called but probably due to no more groups left since 1pm drop cancelled)

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 2hr 34m -> 2hr 34m (+0)
1pm: 0s -> 0s (+0)

That does it for Day 5 of Tiana' Bayou Adventure!
1000012308.png

Side note:
The afternoon 1pm drop was cancelled today due to extended downtime in the morning plus a late opening.
We also now know the BGs allotment for the morning 7am drop, which is 80 groups.
There are no AP previews set for tomorrow, but the next and last day will be on Thursday 6/20.

StarWarsGirl

They'd have to change the sign since DVC previews are tomorrow. But it would be helpful.

I remember when EE opened. We had a preview, and then a week later, it soft opened. Preview was a mess. Soft opening I think I did it like ten times or something because my brother was too short and we used rider switch and paper fast passes. Good times.

And I can say I rode it when the yeti worked. 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom