News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

did they use less experienced imagineers and artists for this? it just seems like such a bungle resource and story wise for something with a lot of promise. PatF is an amazing story with rich characters , scenery and a perfect villain. also what’s with her wearing safari clothes?

UNCgolf

You really don't see how the humans are stylized in the same fashion? The shapes of the faces, the eyes, the mouths, even the slopes of the shoulders? Again, one is rendered as a faux-linocut and the other two are faux-silkscreens, but come on. The stylization of the people is totally related.

I mean, they're vaguely similar, but not really close enough that I look at it and think they're specifically trying to evoke the same style.

More importantly, essentially everything else about the style of the poster is off too, even if I conceded that the figures themselves were identical.

I don't even hate the ride -- I think it's a clear downgrade from Splash, but I never expected it to be as good (that's an incredibly high bar) and I'm judging it independently of what existed before (or at least attempting to). It would be a decent addition as a new build and is better than some of Disney's other recent attractions. I'm just disappointed, both because most of the recent information had me relatively excited (I thought it was going to be clearly better than Frozen Journey and Beauty and the Beast in Tokyo, and I don't think it is) and because there are so many easily fixable issues.

Last edited:

Vclguy90

The negativity is really starting to grow on social and every single YouTube ride thru posted.

Disney is getting taken to the woodshed by its fan base and they deserve it.

I’m hoping this blowback will be a wake up call, but at this point who am I kidding.

They don’t want the hardcore fans to stick around. Some bean counter must have figured out that we don’t spend as much per minute or something.

This ride is a giant middle finger to the Disney Park fans.
Is it safe to say that they are going by the model of quality is not profitable? Obviously they've given up on the fans so is their plan not to make anymore? Or create a new fanbase that expects less of them because them at their great is too expensive? I'm really perplexed how every executive at Disney still has a job. I'm even more perplexed how people like Eisner and Lucas are backing them up? It almost feels like a conspiracy or some glitch in the matrix.

Ice Gator

They told us backstory and backstory that I thought-silly me!- would have some bearing on the plot, or at the very least, the critter bios would play into the ride somewhat, through sight gags or something.
Yep. I was very thrown off by this. Especially with all the dead space in the ride.

Not a single sight gag with the exception of Louis's butt saying "how low can I go?" and JuJu "stealing food".

DisneyHead123

So apparently I am the only person in the known universe who actually likes the looks of this ride.

I will say I’m not sure how well the big drop (which seems to say “thrill ride”) fits with the aesthetics. Ideally, this probably should have been a Fantasyland dark ride.

It’s a very, very pretty ride. It takes me back to pinning beautiful things on my wedding inspiration board years ago (right down to the pink, purple and blue uplighting). Or to favoriting beautiful things on Etsy. This seems like an ode to sparkly, beautiful, princessy prettiness.

Based on the reactions, presumably this is not where people wanted the ride equivalent of crystal tree centerpieces. Parents with small children probably wanted that more in a traditional dark ride, that princess obsessed little girls can ride without the scary drop that is for older kids. Adult park goers wanted a more gripping story with more grit, drama, and adventure.

It’s a shame, because this really is just a gorgeous ride. Looks like they put all that sparkle in the wrong venue based on reactions though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve rekindled my participation in Disney forums recently after several years.

This is NOT a hyper positive Disney forum. This place is full of Disney downers. At least it’s entertaining though.

I go to a different forum if I want positivity.
Not sure they’re saying this is?

Vclguy90

So apparently I am the only person in the known universe who actually likes the looks of this ride.

I will say I’m not sure how well the big drop (which seems to say “thrill ride”) fits with the aesthetics. Ideally, this probably should have been a Fantasyland dark ride.

It’s a very, very pretty ride. It takes me back to pinning beautiful things on my wedding inspiration board years ago (right down to the pink, purple and blue uplighting). Or to favoriting beautiful things on Etsy. This seems like an ode to sparkly, beautiful, princessy prettiness.

Based on the reactions, presumably this is not where people wanted the ride equivalent of crystal tree centerpieces. Parents with small children probably wanted that more in a traditional dark ride, that princess obsessed little girls can ride without the scary drop that is for older kids. Adult park goers wanted a more gripping story with more grit, drama, and adventure.

It’s a shame, because this really is just a gorgeous ride. Looks like they put all that sparkle in the wrong venue based on reactions though.
I feel this ride is a ride-thru metaphor of the crisis Disney is in. An identity crisis. They have no idea who or what they are anymore and everything about this ride screams that. Duh, Tony Baxter left. It's hard to have a long-lasting relationship with someone with such a prominent and confident identity just to see them crumble over their own embarrassing way to stay relevant.

It's a tough pill to swallow but who are these people anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom