News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

yensidtlaw1969

Trying to figure out... what does Tiana trying to put together a band have to do with Tiana's Food Co Op? Trying to figure out how those two stories merge...
Tiana is throwing a party at her home for the city of New Orleans - Tiana's Foods is catering.

Everything wrong with current storytelling in the Parks in one image.
I mean, it's a Cork Board.

What should it look like?

Trauma

You really can spare us these histronics.
What we can finally see with our own eyes today, is nothing short of a travesty.

Disney can’t hide behind their crap co-op storyline nonsense to confuse everyone.

We can see it and it’s BAD.

The Tokyo version should absolutely be preserved.

I think we will see more and more Stateside Disney fans traveling to Tokyo, as the parks here continue their descent into mediocrity.

aladdin2007

I tried watching his video but he has his own music overlayed on top of the actual audio in the ride. Probably for copyright or something. I finally had to quit watching. Was hoping for another 3rd party video. This ain't it.
agree. but you can see some better depth in some of the scenes...not that thats saying much, but just saying its worth a view for that.

I'm really confused about the soundtrack.... Disney released a whole video and multiple press releases gassing themselves up about all the new music, how it was so well thought-out for the "storytelling" and "immersion," etc.

All of this great new music must be in the queue or something, because the integration of songs in the ride itself feels thoughtless. If they really wanted to use "Gonna Take You There," they could've recorded a new version instead of having it sung by a dead character. Maybe they could've even added some new plot-relevant lyrics, like Splash did for "How Do You Do."

"Special Spice" sounds like it was written before the reported shift from the secret ingredient plot to the critter band stuff, it really has no connection to the ride as-is. And why is it proceeded by an instrumental version of "Almost There"? Speaking of "Almost There," why is the sung-through movie version played in a scene where Tiana isn't even present? Is the music supposed to be diegetic or not??? AHHHHHHH

Tha Realest

What do we think the motivation was for debuting a ride through today before the attraction officially opened?

With Rise, Disney kept things locked down. As far as I know, Disney has never released a ride through film to the masses before the attraction opened, but I could be wrong.
Over the last few years Disney’s pushed more than a few subpar projects direct to streaming.

Virtual Toad

most of you guys were always going to hate this ride, this is a very miserable thread lol
I think that yes, some folks were always going to dislike the change. That's what you're up against when you decide to change one of the most incredible and popular theme park attractions ever created. For Disney, the stakes could not have been higher-- and I think not fully appreciating this was their first mistake.

But look back on these boards and elsewhere, and a lot of folks, even many who expressed dislike over the initial decision, transitioned into the "let's wait and see" camp. Let's be fair and give Disney the benefit of the doubt.

Disney then acknowledged the stakes were high and began to tout how incredible the new ride would be, releasing teasers of animatronics and storylines and even admitting Bob Iger wanted improvements and that improvements were being made. Their message: "We understand. Don't worry. We hear you. We've got this."

Perhaps they set expectations too high; perhaps (as many folks have been arguing) they are simply completely out of touch.

The issue is larger than the ride itself at this point. Disney has been responsible for a growing number of recent and massive missteps. Starcruiser, Harmonious, EPCOT's transformation, a lifeless and sterile Star Wars land, disrespecting sight lines, instituting a firm caste system in the form of Genie+, longer lines, higher prices, endless upcharges, confusing apps, needless complications, questionable ride reliability, countless examples of poor show and shoddy maintenance, only one waterpark open at a time, destroying highly themed resort environments by supplanting or replacing incredibly themed architecture with bland and generic construction, a botched tile job in Morocco, a DJ in the train station at the MK... the list goes on.

So with TBA, the stakes could not have been higher and the consensus is mixed at best. To respond by simply calling a thread "miserable" tracks with the growing effort on these boards to dismiss negativity as whining, or hyperbole, or expressing a lack of imagination.

Read the criticisms in this thread. Yep, some are driven by an agenda, but the *vast* majority are basing their opinions on solid criticism and have expressed those criticisms in specific and constructive terms.

A miserable thread is what you get when the stakes are unbelievably high and you manage to overpromise and underdeliver.

It's not just TBA. A lot of folks, lifetime fans and paying customers who invested financially and emotionally in a brand that charges a lot but promises even more... have reached the end of their patience. And it shows.

yensidtlaw1969

The graphics of the stuff "posted" on the board are not in keeping with the time period they are trying (failing) to invoke.
But they are in keeping with the stylings of the film. That seems like a reasonable choice:

1717293686800.png

aladdin2007

I'm really confused about the soundtrack.... Disney released a whole video and multiple press releases gassing themselves up about all the new music, how it was so well thought-out for the "storytelling" and "immersion," etc.

All of this great new music must be in the queue or something, because the integration of songs in the ride itself feels thoughtless. If they really wanted to use "Gonna Take You There," they could've recorded a new version instead of having it sung by a dead character. Maybe they could've even added some new plot-relevant lyrics, like Splash did for "How Do You Do."

"Special Spice" sounds like it was written before the reported shift from the secret ingredient plot to the critter band stuff, it really has no connection to the ride as-is. And why is it proceeded by an instrumental version of "Almost There"? Speaking of "Almost There," why is the sung-through movie version played in a scene where Tiana isn't even present? Is the music supposed to be diegetic or not??? AHHHHHHH
I dont understand this either, why is that not a fun zippy instrumental specifically designed for the ride through that area...they just slapped the film soundtrack song through there and called it a day.

bwr827

Doesn’t matter why they posted it.

Consensus on a hyper positive Disney forum is that the ride is disappointment, especially when compared to Splash.

Since you like to pretend to be close to the top can you let Iger know to stop destroying everything?
I’ve rekindled my participation in Disney forums recently after several years.

This is NOT a hyper positive Disney forum. This place is full of Disney downers. At least it’s entertaining though.

I go to a different forum if I want positivity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom