News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

This is going to be an Individual Lightning Lane ride, except unlike Rise it will have a built-in annual refurbishment due to the nature of the attraction. I'd expect them to keep it in tip-top shape.
Just because something goes down for refurbishment on an annual basis, it doesn't guarantee that show elements will be addressed. Nor would it necessarily go down for refurb every single year either. I believe Splash didn't always go down for extended periods every year, and even when it did, it would often reopen in a still dilapidated state. Sometimes rides only go down to address underlying mechanical concerns or in-depth inspections. Not necessarily to fix broken AA's or whatnot.

You would think they'd want to keep THIS ride in better shape than Splash at least. Especially since they wouldn't want the bad publicity of letting things break here. But I don't assume anything with WDW's horrendous management (and I hear DL has gone to pot since Covid as well).

I don't think TBA will maintain the ILL like Rise.
Maybe. It seems like they wanted to go back to just one ILL per park. Tron only has it because it's new. I think if Tron drops it vs SDMT, that will be more telling. I guess we'll find out soon. I just don't see an attraction like TBA maintaining an ILL.
I wouldn't assume anything here. If TBA is absurdly popular, and it almost certainly will be especially in the first several years of operation, it'll probably keep it. There's not really any set in stone rule to indicate they wouldn't do multiples per park. It's just based on recent trends. But ILL itself is still a *relatively* new system, and Disney is very greedy and determined to make things miserable.

MagicHappens1971

I wouldn't assume anything here. If TBA is absurdly popular, and it almost certainly will be especially in the first several years of operation, it'll probably keep it. There's not really any set in stone rule to indicate they wouldn't do multiples per park. It's just based on recent trends. But ILL itself is still a *relatively* new system, and Disney is very greedy and determined to make things miserable.

I understand what you're saying and I'm not saying I'm certain one way or the other. It seems the direction to pull away from having multiple ILL's was due to the lack of normal capacity for G+. Of course there are no rules set in stone.

I don't think Disney is determined to make things miserable, I just think it's a byproduct of a broken system. If you know how to play it, it can be very effective.

mergatroid

No, they don't look alike at all. I suspect the finale building is something Tiana either built from scratch, or maybe a rundown plantation mansion nearby the salt dome that she bought and had fixed up. In the leaked renders, the metal railing is adorned with decorative designs of what looks like bell peppers and either garlic or onions. That seems like the sort of detail she would install to go with her food/restaurant theme.
Considering the reason for the change, I'm not sure that would be a good choice 🤔

cwoms197

Has anyone heard anything on the potential for virtual queue. I can only see this as being a nightmare if they decide to use that, because we all know the capacity is unheard and we know the queue can handle a good couple hour wait.

MerlinTheGoat

Has anyone heard anything on the potential for virtual queue. I can only see this as being a nightmare if they decide to use that, because we all know the capacity is unheard and we know the queue can handle a good couple hour wait.
Don't really need confirmation for this, there's no way it would open without VQ. Even the admin here I believe is certain of this.

UNCgolf

It'll be TRON & TBA as the top two contenders, with TRON ditching Virtual Queue before too long.

SDMT will end up like Slinky (on Genie+) with even crazier waits.

I think it would make more sense for Disney to keep SDMT as ILL and move TRON to Genie+ -- I'd be surprised if the overall demand for SDMT wasn't higher than for TRON, even with TRON being much newer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom