News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

Can we talk about the Louis Animatronic in the YouTube video.

Looks like they went through a heck of a lot of work to make it look like his belly was rumbling or bouncing.

However once his “costume” is on I don’t really see the effect.

Anyone else notice this ?

I saw it in reverse order. I found a finished image of him first then saw the endoskeleton workings later. I Thought the same thing.

Either it is a different figure for a different scene, the effect is really subtle, or it was not happening in the brief shots.

Trauma

I saw it in reverse order. I found a finished image of him first then saw the endoskeleton workings later. I Thought the same thing.

Either it is a different figure for a different scene, the effect is really subtle, or it was not happening in the brief shots.
I guess that’s possible, but it’s weird not to see the effect in action after they boasted about it for a few minutes.

Bayou

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 13.59.16.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 13.59.16.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 91

Incomudro

Looks like they went through a heck of a lot of work to make it look like his belly was rumbling or bouncing.

Yes, I noticed that it didn't seem to move so much when his skins were on.
I chalked it up as perhaps something not so obvious when viewed on a TV.

MouseEarsMom33

Could opening date be tied to Test Track closing date? I know they are in different parks, but are both popular rides to be closed at same time. Also, some construction resources might end up going to Test Track.

mergatroid

I still get so annoyed with advanced AA terminology. Yeti was the same and look at him now. If you can’t keep it working it’s no point in the end!
I understand they have next to nothing in common physically. But they share a lot in common with early hype.
The most advanced AAs you’ve ever scene and, to quote Rhode, “You’ve never scene something so big move so fast.” That quote was concerning the yeti. And for the giant majority, they’ve never even scene the Yeti move. Such a shame.

My point was the new AAs will only be impressive if they work. Our Yeti is not impressive in its current state.
So you're saying the 'early hype' is the problem? The problem with the Yeti was caused by a physicality issue surely? I'm 100% certain that had Joe Rhodes not spoken about it, that we'd still be in the same position we are now with the Yeti. It was 100% a physical problem, rather than hype that created the issue.

As you say "I understand they have next to nothing in common physically", meaning the only thing left to compare is what somebody says about it. As what somebody said about the Yeti had nothing to do with the problems, what's said about this also shouldn't have any bearings on the reliability of it then surely?

I suppose an option would therefore be to not try making any large animatronics because there were problems with another large animatronic built many years previously? That would mean not trying to ever improve because the last time Disney tried that by building the Yeti is eventually failed to deliver what was expected? The problem with that logic is that we'd be stuck without improvements if we never sought to better and improve what went before?

This thread has kind of gone from "There won't be enough animatronics and they won't be as good" to now somehow saying even though they have nothing in common physically and the animatronics look more advanced, that they might not work because Disney has hyped it up which is the only real similarity by your own admission.

It's kind of like saying "The roller coaster will only be impressive if it works", that applies to everything be it coasters or animatronics. If we take away the physical similarities which you just have, all that's left is the hype. Most people were complaining that we didn't know enough about this attraction upgrade, in effect that Disney weren't telling us enough. Now Disney is saying it's great and take a look at these animatronics, it's like that's being turned into a possible negative.

Last edited:

Trauma

So you're saying the 'early hype' is the problem? The problem with the Yeti was caused by a physicality issue surely? I'm 100% certain that had Joe Rhodes not spoken about it, that we'd still be in the same position we are now with the Yeti. It was 100% a physical problem, rather than hype that created the issue.

As you say "I understand they have next to nothing in common physically", meaning the only thing left to compare is what somebody says about it. As what somebody said about the Yeti had nothing to do with the problems, what's said about this also shouldn't have any bearings on the reliability of it then surely?

I suppose an option would therefore be to not try making any large animatronics because there were problems with another large animatronic built many years previously? That would mean not trying to ever improve because the last time Disney tried that by building the Yeti is eventually failed to deliver what was expected? The problem with that logic is that we'd be stuck without improvements if we never sought to better and improve what went before?

This thread has kind of gone from "There won't be enough animatronics and they won't be as good" to now somehow saying even though they have nothing in common physically and the animatronics look more advanced, that they might not work because Disney has hyped it up which is the only real similarity by your own admission.

It's kind of like saying "The roller coaster will only be impressive if it works", that applies to everything be it coasters or animatronics. If we take away the physical similarities which you just have, all that's left is the hype. Most people were complaining that we didn't know enough about this attraction upgrade, in effect that Disney weren't telling us enough. Now Disney is saying it's great and take a look at these animatronics, it's like that's being turned into a possible negative.
I think the animatronics overall look very good.

I’m more concerned with the story and the flow of the ride.

Navi River Journey has an amazing animatronic but the ride itself does nothing for me.

We need everything to come together here.

Story, animatronics, music, theming and pacing.

celluloid

I don't know if it will be a Yeti situation, but people will not see the ride in the same good shape in the next years as it is in its early era. That is a given with current Disney, and egregious at the park that operates the constant hours running it down.

Bayou

Is the building featured in the finale of Tiana's Bayou Adventure Charlotte's Mansion? Here are some comparison photos:

Both Buildings feature imperial staircases and are somewhat in/near the bayou.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 15.59.23.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 15.59.23.png
    537.9 KB · Views: 124

mergatroid

I think the animatronics overall look very good.

I’m more concerned with the story and the flow of the ride.

Navi River Journey has an amazing animatronic but the ride itself does nothing for me.

We need everything to come together here.

Story, animatronics, music, theming and pacing.
The rumour is the story is about travelling around trying to get a band together consisting of many of the characters you see on the journey. The final scene would then comprise of them all together playing in a band. I have no idea whether that is true or not but certainly it sounds like a decent story line if that is the case.

mergatroid

There's a video I've just watched where it claims Louis is only moving at 75% speed on that clip. No idea how valid that claim is but it could explain the situation if so?

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Is the building featured in the finale of Tiana's Bayou Adventure Charlotte's Mansion? Here are some comparison photos:

Both Buildings feature imperial staircases and are somewhat in/near the bayou.
No, they don't look alike at all. I suspect the finale building is something Tiana either built from scratch, or maybe a rundown plantation mansion nearby the salt dome that she bought and had fixed up. In the leaked renders, the metal railing is adorned with decorative designs of what looks like bell peppers and either garlic or onions. That seems like the sort of detail she would install to go with her food/restaurant theme.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Unfortunately, unless there's a major upheaval with park ops or they decide to be uncharacteristically meticulous about maintaining this ride, it's probably going to end up in rough shape after a couple of years. I'm unsure how the overall reliability of all electric AA's are in comparison to traditional hydraulic figures. But generally speaking, there's plenty of newer attractions around WDW with all electric figures, and they seem to break down at least as much as hydraulic ones. If not moreso.

They do look fantastic. It would be a shame if they don't take care of them.
This is going to be an Individual Lightning Lane ride, except unlike Rise it will have a built-in near-annual refurbishment due to the nature of the attraction. I'd expect them to keep it in tip-top shape.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom