News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

erasure fan1

But it did average > 90 minutes of downtime per day in the 6 months before it closed. Disney's surely addressing that, if for nothing else than it's going to limit ILL sales, right?
That's a great question. Not one that I would have a lot of confidence saying yes to. But a great question nonetheless.

Sectorkeeper71

Thanks. I was talking about ride vehicle testing until open - not the whole project. Len was saying the shortest he knows of is 7 months.
An even better barometer might be DCA’s tower of terror, since they only changed the drop sequence and as far as I know didn’t touch the system at all. Though that is a drop tower vs a flume ride, so it maybe apples to oranges

MerlinTheGoat

I have a feeling ride duration will actually be a little longer than Splash.
There's little reason to think it will, they aren't altering the track layout at all from what I understand. The only thing that previously affected how long the ride lasts is whether logs get backed up. And I doubt they WANT the ride to last longer.

How would it be? The layout is the same, the station is in the same spot, so unless they actually re-timed it, which I highly doubt they'd spend the money to do, so how would it be longer?
It might be possible to lower the force of the pumps inside the flume that that push the boats forward. Thereby causing them to move more slowly. Though I highly doubt they're going to do this. Especially at WDW, where the ride already travels at a slower pace than DL. It would also potentially come with timing challenges as you mention and potentially cause backups around the drops in particular. Would also have a significant impact on capacity. So I really don't think they'll do it.

SplashJacket

AFAICT, the shortest timeframe for recent attractions to go from 'first vehicle on the tracks' to 'ride open' is 7DMT, which took 7 months:
  • Slinky Dog Dash took 9 months
  • Guardians was 18 months, but ... pandemic.
  • TRON was 13 months
Does that sound right? Am I missing something that was significantly shorter?

I know TBA is built on a fairly well-known platform. But it did average > 90 minutes of downtime per day in the 6 months before it closed. Disney's surely addressing that, if for nothing else than it's going to limit ILL sales, right?
I’m not sure the downtime cause distribution, but I know a noticeable chunk of downtimes were caused by people escaping (or trying to escape) their logs, and that won’t be fixed because you can’t fix the stupid.

DisneyFanatic12

Your photoshop still doesn't look like Tiana from the movie to me.

As I said, though, the costume and especially the hair probably has a significant effect.

Also, I'm not especially concerned. People are still going to know it's Tiana regardless of how accurate it is (which is subjective anyways).
And bringing a two dimensional character into a 3d space can be pretty difficult. And that doesn’t take into account fitting all of the components into the body.

SpaceMountain77

Do we know this?

So far the only thing I’ve seen confirmed is it’ll have a few dozen new animatronics (whether thats the total or in addition too existing is unknown), we’ve seen a impressive looking half done Louis, a very well done scene without any animatronics, and a very good Tiana.

I think we all hope what you say is correct but I don’t think any of it has been confirmed as fact.

The outside is looking better by the day but as far as I know the inside is still 99% unknown.

@WDW Pro has shared, via Youtube, that there are 17 audio animatronics, with 9 appearing in the ending. It seems that it will either be screen heavy or foliage dependent.

Bocabear

Slow the water current speed down is how they could do it. Have the boats move slower through the attraction.
but why would they do that? It is one of the longest rides in the park already...Slowing the logs down also allows stupid people to try and get out of their logs....If anything I would they would try and speed things up...Higher throughput...get people to that Beignet stand!!

Ayla

but why would they do that? It is one of the longest rides in the park already...Slowing the logs down also allows stupid people to try and get out of their logs....If anything I would they would try and speed things up...Higher throughput...get people to that Beignet stand!!
I didn't say they would do it. I answered how they *could* do it.

James Alucobond

@WDW Pro has shared, via Youtube, that there are 17 audio animatronics, with 9 appearing in the ending. It seems that it will either be screen heavy or foliage dependent.
This is an impossibly low number based on what we already know. The artwork for one of the early scenes shows at least 7, and with Mama Odie at the drop, that would make up the entire remainder. It’s possible there are 17 characters, but there’s no way they won’t show up multiple times.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
There's little reason to think it will, they aren't altering the track layout at all from what I understand. The only thing that previously affected how long the ride lasts is whether logs get backed up. And I doubt they WANT the ride to last longer.
I'm talking seconds here. Like half a min tops. DOZENS of seconds. I have little to base that belief on except that we're presumably getting two additional scenes and they can adjust current and brake gates as needed.

MerlinTheGoat

To clarify once again, the often referenced number "17" in regards to this attraction's figures is referring to the amount of new major characters created for the story. It is not how many total animatronics are in the ride. This number came from a prior press release, which I was also told prior to the PR statement back in 2022. But the clickbait community over the past few months stumbled across this number and jumped to their own incorrect conclusions based on this. Whether because they legitimately didn't know any better and misinterpreted it, or (as I now suspect is the case) they know it's wrong but are pushing a agenda for attention and clicks. Regardless, it stands as evidence that they are just twisting already public information and pretending they have an inside source telling them this. Heck, the "9 figures in the finale" was stolen from Splash Archive without credit (which again I was also told is outdated and no longer accurate), and he didn't even correctly interpret THAT.

Also note that of the 17 new characters, this does not include the returning cast from the film. Tiana, Naveen, Louis, Mama Odie (and her pet snake probably), Charlotte, Eudora, Big Daddy, Ralphie and both of Naveen's parents are all going to be in the ride and have AA figures. So add another 10 on top of that, so we're up to 27. Which to be fair, would still be significantly and unaccepably less than Splash if that was the end of it. But we're not done. Now factor in that Tiana, Naveen and Louis alone will receive several AA's each throughout the attraction, as will a lot of the other new critters. And also consider that there are likely going to be other minor critters who aren't part of the main cast.

There is speculation that it is a Belle audio animatronic with Tiana's face, which was a cost savings measure. The focus has been on the chin and cheek structure.
Their only similarity is that they're cartoony human A1000 figures of a similar size (as opposed to a realistic one such as Hondo). That's where the similarities end. Their faces don't even look remotely the same. If Tiana is a "reskin" of Belle, then the vast majority of same-model human animatronics that Disney has ever made are reskins of each other just by nature of them sharing the same generation of endo model.

Last edited:

wityblack

To clarify once again, the often referenced number "17" in regards to this attraction's figures is referring to the amount of new major characters created for the story. It is not how many animatronics are in the ride. This came from a prior press release, which I already knew about back in 2022. But the clickbait community ran with the number and jumped to their own incorrect conclusions based on this. It serves as evidence that they are just twisting information that was already readily accessible to the public and don't actually have any inside knowledge on the attraction.

Of that 17, it is not including the returning cast from the film. Tiana, Naveen, Louis, Mama Odie (and her pet snake probably), Charlotte, Eudora, Big Daddy, Ralphie and both of Naveen's parents are all going to be in the ride and have AA figures. So add another 10 on top of that, so we're up to 27. Which to be fair, would be significantly less than Splash if that was the end of it. But we're still not nearly done. Now factor in that Tiana, Naveen and Louis alone will receive multiple AA's throughout the attraction, as will a lot of the other new critters. And also consider that there are likely going to be other minor critters who aren't part of the main cast.

Their only similarity is that they're cartoony human A1000 figures of a similar size (as opposed to a realistic one such as Hondo). That's where the similarities end. Their faces don't even look remotely the same. If Tiana is a "reskin" of Belle, then the vast majority of same-model human animatronics that Disney has ever made are reskins of each other just by nature of them sharing endos with each other.
Wait, we're getting Big Daddy?? I thought he wasn't going to be in animatronic form!

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240215_133235.jpg

There's queue painting being done and scaffolding coming down right now, I got some really good videos I will upload later for anyone who wants to see them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom