News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

trainplane3

Where is this preview for Tiana??
What a TOTAL PR embarrassment…anyone on this board thinking this will come even CLOSE to Splash is drinking the Kool Aid…
I've heard it should be a very well done. I described my concerns to someone and they said I should be happy with the final result. I have no reason to doubt them so I'm looking forward to it.

Even with a supposed date slip that might've happened.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

The lack of substantive information on this ride is indeed strange and concerning. We usually know more at this point in development. That's based on standards Disney themselves usually adhere to. There's a reason people have certain expectations. The people behind the marketing of this ride are horrible at their job.

For comparison, here's a video Disney posted of Tokyo's BATB ride nearly two years before it opened. It has a bunch of the workshop props and setpieces for the interior, a sneak peak at the CGI ridethrough render, several fully completed and moving animatronics etc-

I would hope at bare minimum, they do something similar to that video this coming Tuesday, and not just another lengthy trip report of the project heads taking a trip to New Orleans and boating through a swamp...

I've heard conflicting claims on whether or not that Belle animatronic will be repurposed as Tiana in TBA, mainly because of that one piece of concept art with Tiana holding a lantern.

MerlinTheGoat

I've heard conflicting claims on whether or not that Belle animatronic will be repurposed as Tiana in TBA, mainly because of that one piece of concept art with Tiana holding a lantern.
The Tiana model probably uses the same endoskeleton given that they're both A1000s and the characters are likely the same size. Assuming that particular figure of Tiana actually ends up in the final version. The facial structure will also be tweaked I assume.

It probably won't be the same physical figure though, unless they had extras made.

Sectorkeeper71

Sure was a lot of hoopla for a weather vane you can only see if you squint. I guess it's camouflaged along with the rest of the exterior. Speaking of, like the "Where's Wally/Waldo?" book series... I've been camped out here for days in a Ghillie suit and Disney hasn't found me yet!
That’s definitely a way you can guarantee you’re first in line for opening day!

yensidtlaw1969

The Tiana model probably uses the same endoskeleton given that they're both A1000s and the characters are likely the same size. Assuming that particular figure of Tiana actually ends up in the final version. The facial structure will also be tweaked I assume.

It probably won't be the same physical figure though, unless they had extras made.
Disney doesn't make "extras" of figures this complex and expensive.

The Tiana figures for Bayou Adventure are scratch-built and designed for the ride. As are all the humanoid Animatronics in the ride. That both TBA and Tokyo's BatB rides feature a character holding a lantern aloft is little more than coincidence.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Disney doesn't make "extras" of figures this complex and expensive.

The Tiana figures for Bayou Adventure are scratch-built and designed for the ride. As are all the humanoid Animatronics in the ride. That both TBA and Tokyo's BatB rides feature a character holding a lantern aloft is little more than coincidence.
I know they're not the exact same figure. That was my point. And by "extras", I just meant if they had any prototype endos from the R&D phases left over. Which again, I wouldn't assume to be the case. There's actually money being put into the AA population of this ride, and the figures are said to be new and highly impressive. So I don't really think they're reusing anything at all.

The Belle and Tiana figures are similar in the sense that they're both A1000s. And it's quite plausible that some of the Tiana endos were fabricated directly from the same schematics of some of the Belle figures (which may also be the case for the ones in Frozen). But there's no reason to think that any of the figures from Tokyo were "repurposed", whatever that even means in this context. The Belle figures in Tokyo are still located in Tokyo.

One other thing to note. While i'm not 100% sure about this, I strongly suspect that the Belle figure holding the lantern doesn't actually even have a body below the hips. As in she's just a torso with no legs on some sort of moving platform to make it seem like she's walking forwards. Even the sneak preview didn't show far below the waist. She only appears on a balcony in the queue, and the railing is filled in so that you can't see her legs. Plus she's located on a high up platform so that you don't see anything below the hips. This for instance is what the two Beast figures on the balcony look like, that particular Belle figure is probably the same-

1707803632993.png

Assuming that the Tiana holding a lantern actually ends up appearing in the final ride, she would presumably have visible legs and therefore be quite a different animatronic figure. So even if they use some of the schematics from some of the Belle figures, it probably wouldn't be the one holding the lantern. It would likely be more similar to one of the full body AA's with legs.

zipadee999

I came here to ask that very question. Is it a certainty that something will be announced today regarding TBA?
There hasn’t been a direct confirmation, but the reasoning is that if there was a day most likely for them to do it, it would be today given the Mardis Gras festivities.

It’s less of a “They’re definitely doing it today”

And more of a “I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it today”

JohnD

There hasn’t been a direct confirmation, but the reasoning is that if there was a day most likely for them to do it, it would be today given the Mardis Gras festivities.

It’s less of a “They’re definitely doing it today”

And more of a “I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it today”
Right. So it's more of, if there is a day to announce, Mardi Gras is the day. 🤞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom