News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

Once all the external scaffolding comes down, it'll be opening soon after. I have to believe they want this open to give people a reason to book a trip this summer. Marketing must be screaming for something to pitch.
Given summer bookings, yes.

MerlinTheGoat

Based on everything we’ve seen/heard, they seem to be in “finishing touches” mode at WDW. Unless they just suddenly stop all work for 4 months, I don’t see how this doesn’t make summer.
AA installation always comes last, (as stated weeks prior by now for TBA). Doesn’t make sense to pull resources from a construction site that’s now nearly 90% along, and leave it dormant through the summer season
Given summer bookings, yes.
I should note that the aforementioned new project manager I referred to is allegedly described as "clueless" by a lot of people who are working on the ride. Having apparently never been involved in a project like this before and with zero understanding of how resource allocation and management works. They only became involved with the project very recently. We shall see. If that rumor Drew heard ends up being correct, it's probably because said manager got their way. Hopefully they did not.

You are indeed correct about this making no sense, it's just that someone new with apparently a lot of power over this project is lacking in sense from what I was told.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I can see them  maybe adjusting the date a smidge, but I still think it'll be open early June. MAYBE around 4th of July if things go badly at the 11th hour

Smiley/OCD

I should note that the aforementioned new project manager I referred to is allegedly described as "clueless" by a lot of people who are working on the ride. Having apparently never been involved in a project like this before and with zero understanding of how resource allocation and management works. They only became involved with the project very recently. We shall see. If that rumor Drew heard ends up being correct, it's probably because said manager got their way. Hopefully they did not.

You are indeed correct about this making no sense, it's just that someone new with apparently a lot of power over this project is lacking in sense from what I was told.
oh, Iger hired Chappy back??

MerlinTheGoat

Watch the big Mardi Gras day thing be an hour long trip report about how Carter and Smith hired a swamp buggy and rode around in it for a month for inspiration. And no updates for the ride itself.

No that isn't a prediction BTW, I've just been way too nice to this project lately and felt the marketing team needed yet another good roasting for how horrible they've handled everything thus far. Hopefully they finally formalize the opening date and give a proper look at the interior.

JoeCamel

Watch the big Mardi Gras day thing be an hour long trip report about how Carter and Smith hired a swamp buggy and rode around in it for a month for inspiration. And no updates for the ride itself.

No that isn't a prediction BTW, I've just been way too nice to this project lately and felt the marketing team needed yet another good roasting for how horrible they've handled everything thus far. Hopefully they finally formalize the opening date and give a proper look at the interior.
Wait til they fool you and unleash a full Mardi Gras parade fully formed from Tiana's new gate. Oh wait, it's that other company that stores two complete parades just to run during seasonal events......

_caleb

You’ve been way too nice to the project and thought it needed another good roasting?

Are you under the impression that spreading negativity on these message boards is somehow going to positively influence the project?

Vegas Disney Fan

A good representation of a humid environment.
Inspired by the Tron canopy. 😉

It’s actually a great design for Florida, not only does it look great but they won’t have to worry about the natural growth likely to happen.

I love how the outside is coming together, minus the mural, gives me hope for the inside, despite my fears from the backstory.

MerlinTheGoat

I never noticed the moss where the rooves meet. looks good.
I think it's new. I've been watching the mill to see if they planned on adding some of the mossy details from the DL model. If that model is accurate to what they plan to do to WDW (and so far it has been), there's a lot more they still have left to do.

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_48678.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom