News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

I think it's new. I've been watching the mill to see if they planned on adding some of the mossy details from the DL model. If that model is accurate to what they plan to do to WDW (and so far it has been), there's a lot more they still have left to do.

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_48678.jpg
Screenshot_20240211-133422.png

Speak of the devil

UNCgolf

Everything you mentioned is why these attractions continue to open with VQs. Disney does not want 4 hour sprawling queues on opening day. FoP had those insane waits and it created a negative perception. I prefer the VQs.

I think VQs are much better for locals/regular visitors than they are for the average Disney guest who may not be back for 5-10 years (if ever).

If the average guest really want to ride one of the VQ attractions but don't manage to get a spot, then that's it. They can't ride it unless they're willing to pay whatever the additional cost is to buy an ILL spot (assuming it also has ILL available). For locals/regular visitors, it's not a big deal because they'll have another opportunity soon. On top of that, the locals/regular visitors have a significant advantage in getting a VQ spot because they know the system.

MerlinTheGoat

Long lines AND virtual queues are both a failure born out of a lack of capacity at the parks as well as the damage that the Fastpass/MM+/Genie+ system has caused and continually makes worse and worse over time. Among other problems. And their solutions to fixing the lines has made things infinitely worse.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
It does look like the right side may have started being covered - I went back through my photos from yesterday and here's another look of that area.

Sure was a lot of hoopla for a weather vane you can only see if you squint. I guess it's camouflaged along with the rest of the exterior. Speaking of, like the "Where's Wally/Waldo?" book series... I've been camped out here for days in a Ghillie suit and Disney hasn't found me yet!

Incomudro

You’ll see it just fine from the ride.

But you’re right, Disney should never discuss the small details they put into the attractions they build. Heck, no more small details should be installed ever again. No local artisans. Nada.
It's not that.
It's just odd what they hype, and what they don't.
Their marketing for the past few years has been pretty terrible.

MerlinTheGoat

Why does this guy make the same 3 videos about the same 3 topics?
It looks like he ran out of inside information ages ago. He did accidentally stumble upon a pile of somewhat accurate information at the time he made his "claim to fame" post on some of the DEI changes. Though these were never big secrets in the first place, and he added his own personal additions and spin to the list as well. If he ever had a direct source, it wouldn't surprise me if they distanced themselves from him after the stuff he's said/done.

His comments on Tiana back in 2020 had some truth to them at the time. My source at the time posted a similar budgetary figure that Pro claimed, which was $30-35 million (I think Pro claimed $40 mil). The problem is that these figures aren't remotely accurate anymore as over time it received incremental and substantial budget hikes. I don't know an exact amount for the final approved plan, but they have been called "very impressive" by my source, whereas they called the original figure anemic and disastrous. Pro either doesn't know about these budget hikes, or he does know but won't acknowledge it because it would conflict with the agenda he's pushing (it's possible it's a bit of both).

He started to really lose it when he claimed Chapek was some kind of superhero genius who would dismantle Iger's legacy and save the company. Now he's just another Yellowflash/Quartering clone.

MerlinTheGoat

Was it really hype? They posted on their blog about the installation of a new detail created authentically in New Orleans…

Whatever onus you’ve put upon them sharing that detail is totally on you.
The lack of substantive information on this ride is indeed strange and concerning. We usually know more at this point in development. That's based on standards Disney themselves usually adhere to. There's a reason people have certain expectations. The people behind the marketing of this ride are horrible at their job.

For comparison, here's a video Disney posted of Tokyo's BATB ride nearly two years before it opened. It has a bunch of the workshop props and setpieces for the interior, a sneak peak at the CGI ridethrough render, several fully completed and moving animatronics etc-

I would hope at bare minimum, they do something similar to that video this coming Tuesday, and not just another lengthy trip report of the project heads taking a trip to New Orleans and boating through a swamp...

Incomudro

Was it really hype? They posted on their blog about the installation of a new detail created authentically in New Orleans…

Whatever onus you’ve put upon them sharing that detail is totally on you.
Onus?
They're Disney.
They are re-themeing what has been called their most popular ride.
And they're mostly concerned about selling us on the people who created their weather vane and mural, rather than how fun, beautiful, technological etc. this ride may be.
I'm not saying authentic details don't matter, they do to me.
But it's where Disney puts the emphasis on things and where they don't that's dreadful.
Look how they marketed the Starcruiser.

Smiley/OCD

The lack of substantive information on this ride is indeed strange and concerning. We usually know more at this point in development. That's based on standards Disney themselves usually adhere to. There's a reason people have certain expectations. The people behind the marketing of this ride are horrible at their job.

For comparison, here's a video Disney posted of Tokyo's BATB ride nearly two years before it opened. It has a bunch of the workshop props and setpieces for the interior, a sneak peak at the CGI ridethrough render, several fully completed and moving animatronics etc-

I would hope at bare minimum, they do something similar to that video this coming Tuesday, and not just another lengthy trip report of the project heads taking a trip to New Orleans and boating through a swamp...

Where is this preview for Tiana??

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom