News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

In order to do a "shrink the guests" gag, all the AAs would have to be supersized. We're looking at a six foot tall possum. Louis would be 20 feet tall. The kind of stuff done in Toy Story Land.

Disney "fans": I doubt Disney will provide an adequate amount of AAs.

Also Disney "fans": I'm quick to believe that Disney will provide giant AAs.
The “shrinking the guests” conceit is why the former CFO found the money for this project

1706145630443.png

999th Happy Haunt

I'm still struggling to understand how they'd make that work - you see one version of Tianas Palace in the finale, you walk outside and (at least at Disneyland [for now, hopefully in Florida too soon]) see a very different-looking version. How'd they make that work? I just feel like it'd be confusing. While I agree it's the most likely option, it just doesn't make sense, cohesion-wise. Now, if they made it look like the exterior of the real restaurant they built at DL, not the one from the movie, it'd make sense.
Same thing happens in Cars Land. It’s really not that big of a deal.

MerlinTheGoat

SilentWindODoom

Given that he was dragged to the underworld by the powerful beings whose Faustian deals were implied to be the only thing giving him any power at all, I have little faith in an escape for Facilier barring them changing their mind. Semantically in some voodoo underworld facing the horrors within, but functionally dead.

I know they're cartoon characters and you can do whatever you want, but attractions-wise, other villains that died in their films have appeared in book-report rides where you're travelling in the middle of the story, not afterward. Heck, they often wind up dying in the end afterward.

Aside from non-canon celebrations and shows, are there any dead villains or any other characters that just come back? Are we going Descendants rules? Nevertheless, throwing up hands and reciting the MST3K mantra feels as much of a sin as visual intrusion.

MerlinTheGoat

Aside from non-canon celebrations and shows, are there any dead villains or any other characters that just come back?
Hercules brought Meg back to life. There was also a crossover episode of the Aladdin and Hercules animated TV shows where Hades brings Jafar back to life. I also mentioned The Black Cauldron, where the main villain brings an army of skeletons back to life (and the main villain himself may not be entirely "alive" either, since his face resembles a skeletal corpse).

The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is filled with voodoo resurrection magic. Tia Dalma resurrects Barbossa. Blackbeard creates a handful of zombies for his crew. The after credits scene of the fifth and final movie also hinted at Davy Jones' return.

Again, the ideal way to handle Facilier's appearance in this ride is not even to bring him back to life fully, but to have him manage to lure guests down to where he was sent. That way we would have gotten a really cool scene of the Other Side alongside Facilier himself, his song and all of the elements needed to make the final lift and big drop work together.

I've suggested using his tomb as the entrance of the final small drop. They could take it a step further by having the stone relief of his face smirk down evilly at guests from above while his shadow familiar appears to gesture people inside. His success at luring souls down there in spite of his imprisonment would gain him back considerable clout and favor among the spirits. At least until the guests manage to escape.

Fido Chuckwagon

I don't think it's fair to assume that one storyline is more "scary" than the other with how little we actually know right now. A rabbit being chased by a bear and a fox certainly adds an element of suspense / tension to the ride, but I wouldn't call it "scary." Especially when you consider the actual story element to Splash isn't really revealed until you're actually on the ride, aside from some light teasing in the queue. There's no reason to assume TBA won't take the same approach, especially with how much of the ride experience itself they're keeping under wraps. We can't possibly know that the ride is devoid of all conflict until it opens and we can see for ourselves, or we're explicitly told so. First timers are not basing their decision to ride on the storyline, something they know nothing about if they haven't ridden before. They're basing it off the drop, briar patch or not.
Wait, wait, hold the phone, wait… You’re saying the ride isn’t going to be one giant presentation to potential shareholders in a food co-op highlighting the value of purchasing shares in the co-op, with commentary on the profitably and sustainability of said co-op? Because that’s what I led to believe we were getting in this thread.

Lirael

That wasn’t the story of splash?
It is. People are mistaking not noticing details and nuance (like the reverse psychology used by B'rer Rabbit) with not understanding the story

Even as a little kid that still didn't understand english (not my native language) and as someone who had never watched/read/heard about Song of the South, the gist of the plot was always very clear to me: Rabbit sets off, bad animals want to catch rabbit, rabbit constantly escapes them. Yes, the reverse psychology bit took a long while to understand, but the core story was easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom