News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

FettFan

So, we at least know there will be mushrooms in the jambalaya!

posts brian GIF

Though it always sort of struck me as strange to target an opening around winter. Florida may be sweltering throughout most of the year, but it still dips well into freezing temperatures during winter months. Even 40-50 degree weather is less than many people would want to ride it at.

I’m going to guess it’s all about accounting, seeing as how Disney’s fiscal year starts on October 1.

Same reason why the galactic Starcruiser is closing on September 30.

Last edited:

FettFan

I think there is an effort internally to get things done faster. Since Iger's return I think we've been seeing EPCOT pick up a bit,

Well, that might have something to do with all of the cancellations (Spaceship Earth, Play Pavilion, Mad Tea Party II) and goof-ups (“Oops! Now we have to rebuild communicore!”)

FettFan

I have been vocal that I don’t think Epic will be the end all be all for Disney but if they choose to act the same way they did when Potter was being built then the parks division has more of a problem than I ever imagined.

Disney can not “sit on its laurels” as Universal expands its resort. Especially at the dramatic rate that they are. With How To Train Your Dragon & Super Mario, Universal will also be increasing the draw for families with younger children.

Disney needs to break ground on expansions for the Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom. ASAP.

Not just that, but there are rumors that Super Nintendo World will be expanding into IoA with a Hyrule/Legend of Zelda land being planned for the area formerly known as Lost Continent.

Ideally, WDW should have built a proper New Orleans Square addition with a completely unique integrated ride/restaurant for PatF.

I personally think the omni-directional boat system developed for Shanghai’s PotC would have been the best option, as it both removes the minimum height requirement as well as the lame justification of a salt dome in New Orleans.

Plus it actually….you know….adds something without deleting something else first.

Rich T

I pray it is not another half-built park... They really need to finish fleshing out the parks they already have... MK is pretty complete, but EPCOT, DHS and Animal Kingdom all come up short... Finishing these parks would make a huge difference without starting another half-day park....
Absolutely agree. Disney should not even consider building another park until they vastly improve the four theme parks they already have. Even Magic Kingdom is, in my opinion, a mess that feels more outdated with each passing year. Its foundation is solid; it just needs to be brought up to the standard it deserves. It needs more attractions, more upgrades, less dependence on film tie-ins and the banishing of virtual queues and Genie+, and… oh yeah.. a forever ban on $!#$!? bubble wands. 😃

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I pray it is not another half-built park... They really need to finish fleshing out the parks they already have... MK is pretty complete, but EPCOT, DHS and Animal Kingdom all come up short... Finishing these parks would make a huge difference without starting another half-day park....
I feel like Epcot is relatively fleshed out. DHS and Animal Kingdom though, that's a whole other story entirely. You'd think with Star Wars Land there'd at least be 3 or 4 attractions in there to take full advantage of the massive footprint the area has, but nah.

UNCgolf

I feel like Epcot is relatively fleshed out. DHS and Animal Kingdom though, that's a whole other story entirely. You'd think with Star Wars Land there'd at least be 3 or 4 attractions in there to take full advantage of the massive footprint the area has, but nah.

Toy Story Land is actually significantly worse than Galaxy's Edge in this regard -- it's like 80% of the size of GE but definitely doesn't have 80% of GE's content. Adding the TS restaurant helps, but it's basically just that and the three attractions. There's not really anything to explore or a reason to be there if you're not in line for/riding an attraction or eating at the restaurant.

Regardless, I agree about EPCOT for the most part. The issue there is empty/unused space (like the Wonders of Life pavilion and some of the empty places in WS pavilions) and underutilized space like Nemo and Imagination. They just need to fix those things more than they need new builds.

JoeCamel

Epcot needs to fill the buildings it has and reduce it's reliance on "festivals" to make it float. Build attractions not kiosk tasting booths

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So, Ratatouille (2 years old), Guardians ( 1 year old)and Moana are newer as is Tron...
Star Wars land is 4 years old and needs no more marketing splash...
So really, for current projects, they have Moana as something "new"... and a re-landscaped central core... What a fantastic celebration WDW's 50th anniversary was! I don't even think they had free cupcakes...lol
do not underestimate the power of new popcorn buckets lol

po1998

Are you counting “looking at rockwork” as an attraction? A good chunk of a park day is consumed by this.

Bocabear

Epcot needs to fill the buildings it has and reduce it's reliance on "festivals" to make it float. Build attractions not kiosk tasting booths
That is the thing, EPCOT has shuttered more attractions than it is opened in the las 20 years... Plus there were supposed to be attractions in some of the countries that were never built... Mexico's attraction is ridiculous and needs to be replaced, Germany, UK, and Japan's attractions were never built... If every country that literally has nothing but a shop and restaurant had an actual ride type attraction, they probably would have never had to start the festivals to bolster attendance...

phillip9698

That is the thing, EPCOT has shuttered more attractions than it is opened in the las 20 years... Plus there were supposed to be attractions in some of the countries that were never built... Mexico's attraction is ridiculous and needs to be replaced, Germany, UK, and Japan's attractions were never built... If every country that literally has nothing but a shop and restaurant had an actual ride type attraction, they probably would have never had to start the festivals to bolster attendance...

Me and my wife actually like the festivals. Flower and Garden is our favorite due to the wonderful mosiaculture.

We also really like the shops in UK and Japan. I wouldnt want to lose either of those.

JoeCamel

Me and my wife actually like the festivals. Flower and Garden is our favorite due to the wonderful mosiaculture.

We also really like the shops in UK and Japan. I wouldnt want to lose either of those.
You and many others keeping that park going rather than TDO investment. They forgot how good it was in the early years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom