News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

Technically, any theme park with six unrelated lands would also be labeled a 'grab bag.'

Sorry, castle parks!!

;)
not when it is organized as uniquely themed lands rather than just random themes strewn throughout...And that is what the Castle parks did...created land environments for many attractions to be gathered in together that made sense.... Not Coco next to Moana and Snow White... that would be a grab bag.... And Islands Of Adventure created beautiful lands in the same way as castle parks... not a "grab Bag" either.... maybe USO does that more as their different attractions just live under the umbrella of "movies" rather than whole thematic lands...

J4546

Watching the progress of the refit from a great 'Splash Mountain' to 'Tiana's Bayou Adventure' is the same as watching the 'Big Dig' in Boston. Lots of noise and confusion, and it still is not complete and not much of an improvement. 'Tiana's' better be better than what we had and prove all we who wanted to keep what we had are wrong. -- I just don't see it in the cards.
i dunno man, i think overall the big dig did help quite a bit, but then again i dont live there

cranbiz

i dunno man, i think overall the big dig did help quite a bit, but then again i dont live there
It did make getting to Logan easier. As far as anything else, eh.
Coming from a guy that spent a lot of time driving in and out of Boston both during and after the Big Dig.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest construction photos from Tiana's Bayou Adventure at WDW.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tianas-bayou-adventure/gallery/04aug2023-tiana's-bayou-adventure-construction---august-4-2023.htm

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_52539.jpg

JohnD

Vegas Disney Fan

I was really hoping that yellow was just an ugly primer but it looks like it’s the base for a yellow/gold, whoever’s in charge of color selection at Disney needs to be replaced.

James Alucobond

The last several updates all look the same to me. Splash Mountain surrounded by scaffolding along with Tiana's Tower. Not your fault. Just waiting on photos which show actual progress.
There has been plenty of progress in terms of painting and foliage installation, so I very much still appreciate the updates even if the scaffolding makes it hard to take in. I would expect the scaffolding will remain up for some time since they haven’t started on any of the rockwork for the salt dome’s crest yet.
I was really hoping that yellow was just an ugly primer but it looks like it’s the base for a gold, whoever’s in charge of color selection at Disney needs to be replaced.
These colors are not new to Frontierland. Just look at the mercantile area of the main drag.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You photo shopped the water tower in right? It doesn’t really look that big next to the mountain right!?
It's not a mountain any more.

Not that it was ever an actual mountain as a physical set piece, nor a mountain in the ride's story (it was a *hill*).

It was only a mountain in marketing. To promote the movie "Splash."

So, new set pieces that don't make it look mountainous are not only OK, but preferred. Because, remember, there are no mountains in NOLA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom