News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Panther

I doubt any of the Brer animatronics will remain. Even if you put new clothes on them, Disney probably thinks they're too recognizable to be reused. At best, one or two Brer Bear animatronics might be reskinned as Louis like everyone's been suggesting.

Disstevefan1

Just under 60 at WDW, Disneyland has closer to 70.

I again heard they're reusing Splash's AA's. And some of the pieces of art previously released seems to hint at that as well. Not just the possums Janet noted, another piece of "partner" art had a couple of animals that look like possible contenders for reskins of Splash characters-

A1308493.jpg

I don't know exactly how many new figures they're making. Tiana and Naveen will no doubt appear several times throughout the ride. Same with Louis. Mama Odie should also have at least one or two figures. There's over 15 new characters that will appear in both the new D+ series as well as this ride. Over half a dozen of which are probably the new human characters seen in the black and white "photo" art for the ride. So I expect those to appear at least once during the ride (if not multiple times).

tba5877547483839.jpg

There was another piece of art released alongside the one above that showed four new frog figures playing instruments, I also strongly suspect the scene and its characters will appear in the ride too. Not sure what they'd do with those fireflies though. They're small, but still large enough to possibly warrant at least a simplistic figure.

BI6837658767.jpg

The art with the possums has quite a lot of characters present. Aside from Tiana, Naveen and Louis, there's also a spoonbill, three turtles and that new otter character. All of which seem to be new. The hanging possums are as mentioned likely returning Splash characters. There's also silhouettes of at least 7 other animals with instruments in the background, of which I am also confident will be legit AA's (it's Disneyland's variant being displayed in the art, those are likely other scenes you can see through into). Hard to say whether any of those are reskins or new figures at the moment.

E9edH9fWEAQchEE.jpg

The most recent piece of art from WDW's showcases a scene with 11 AA's in total, a larger quantity than that scene previously had as Splash. I'm also not sure if any of the figures present are reskins. Tiana, Louis and the Otter are definitely new. Likely the turtle as well. The frogs also have very different and more unique designs than Splash's, so I don't know if they could possibly be reskins either. The rabbit and racoon COULD be reskins, but i'm not even confident in assuming that. Quite plausible that all of these characters are new.

tba748372909802943802.jpg

I will also mention in passing that models for the front of the mountain also have two frog figures on a log. I'm not really expecting these to be AA's given that they're exposed to the elements, but we'll see. I expect them to be stationary, or perhaps a more simplistic design with basic motion.

I don't know if there's going to be 48 new figures, seems like it would be high for modern Disney standards, but there does appear to be a lot. So who knows. It also seems like they're handling this ride quite differently to how they've been doing things over the past 20+ years...
I am hoping for the best. Let's see how many AA we end up with after the cost cuts are made.

MerlinTheGoat

I doubt any of the Brer animatronics will remain. Even if you put new clothes on them, Disney probably thinks they're too recognizable to be reused. At best, one or two Brer Bear animatronics might be reskinned as Louis like everyone's been suggesting.
Brers Rabbit, Fox and Bear aren't returning I'm sure. Not without significant reskins beyond clothing at least, but I could see them just scrapping them entirely. It's the American Sings figures that I was told would remain.

Louis is getting a new state of the art figure.

FettFan

Because Disney wants to hide Song of the South away from the Americans.
But even then, there are so many other possibilities for Frontierland, including trying it into BTMRR and morphing that area into an incarnation of Thunder Mesa.

DSC0527-1.jpeg

You don’t need to carelessly plop 1920s New Orleans into a land meant for the 1800s old west.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't know exactly how many new figures they're making. Tiana and Naveen will no doubt appear several times throughout the ride. Same with Louis. Mama Odie should also have at least one or two figures. There's over 15 new characters that will appear in both the new D+ series as well as this ride. Over half a dozen of which are probably the new human characters seen in the black and white "photo" art for the ride. So I expect those to appear at least once during the ride (if not multiple times).

tba5877547483839.jpg
I wonder if this is a subtle look at the new CM outfits when Splash reopens?

cupofchai

I'm curious what you mean by "limited movement". I have a certain standard of motion for what I classify as a "real" animatronic. Disney claims Splash Mountain has over 100 animatronics, which is complete BS. There are slightly under 60. They pad that number by counting literally anything with the slightest bit of motion, even the spinning beehives (which are literally just metal tipped with fluorescent paint and a simple motor)...

If a character only has a couple axes of motion like tilting in one direction or spinning, I don't consider it an "animatronic". Those are basic props like you'd see in old department store window displays, classic Fantasyland dark rides and most of Little Mermaid's minor figures. The possums in Splash Mountain as well, I exclude them when counting. Even the stormtroopers in the queue of Star Wars.

So by simple movement, are you saying most of Tiana's animatronics are more akin to the aforementioned simple props in Little Mermaid? Or are they at least Tiki Room caliber or better? If it's the former and Tiana only has 20 or fewer "true" animatronics, it would be an enormous failure of a ride. I've heard this isn't the case and there would be a ton of new and recycled legit AA's, but i'm still interested in hearing anything others claim to know.
I'm not privy to just how animated those audio-animatronics will be in order to make the distinction. What I know is they are not static or moving figures, which the ride will also have a number of. The 20 something advanced audio-animatronics will be the stars of the show. Only a handful of them are for Tiana, Naveen and Mama Odie. Louis has a few. The rest are of some of the critters.

The main characters (both returning and new) are said to be "state of the art", no face projection either. Tiana, Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis and the new bunch of characters from the food company will all be present and would likely be the most advanced out of them all. I'm guessing they'll use A1000's for at least Tiana, Naveen and Louis. Probably a few others as well. And as I said, Tiana, Naveen and Louis at least will appear multiple times throughout the ride. There's also a handful of "lesser" figures, but are still legit animatronics. The diagram for the Otter is one, its range appears comparable to the America Sings figures or slightly better. There are also some new frogs that are said to be legit AA's. And I infer there will be a lot of other instrument playing animals throughout the ride. Many of which are far too large to get by with making simple moving props.

If said new characters from the food company make an appearance in the ride, they're surely not among the 20 something advanced audio-animatronics. Also, I have a feeling the otter is actually one of the those few advanced figures.

MerlinTheGoat

Excuse me, but I'm the President of DAK!!
You didn't call dibs quick enough. Baby Yoda will have to go somewhere else. Penguins are allowed, but only living non-animated ones without clothes. Maybe RunForestRun can find a spot for the Poppins ones over in MK.

While we're at it, i'll be greedy and also call dibs on Disney Springs. I won't tell anyone what I plan to do with it though. :p

No Name

You didn't call dibs quick enough. Baby Yoda will have to go somewhere else. Penguins are allowed, but only living non-animated ones without clothes. Maybe RunForestRun can find a spot for the Poppins ones over in MK.

While we're at it, i'll be greedy and also call dibs on Disney Springs. I won't tell anyone what I plan to do with it though. :p
Sir, please review the parks’ history before making such audacious claims! He has been the president of DAK for well over two years, and as noted below, with seemingly unanimous support!

-Mr. Penguin ended up with a seemingly unanimous claim to the title of President of Animal Kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom