News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You didn't call dibs quick enough. Baby Yoda will have to go somewhere else. Penguins are allowed, but only living non-animated ones without clothes. Maybe RunForestRun can find a spot for the Poppins ones over in MK.

While we're at it, i'll be greedy and also call dibs on Disney Springs. I won't tell anyone what I plan to do with it though. :p
Backstory of "President of DAK"...

A new member passing themselves off as an insider made the mistake of referring to "the president of DAK," which doesn't have a president, but a vice president. They were mocked for that flub.

So, for a while, I put "President of Animal Kingdom" as my avatar's subtitle. I stopped doing that when some members of the forum actually thought I was the president of DAK.

:D

MerlinTheGoat

I'm not privy to just how animated those audio-animatronics will be in order to make the distinction. What I know is they are not static or moving figures, which the ride will also have a number of. The 20 something advanced audio-animatronics will be the stars of the show. Only a handful of them are for Tiana, Naveen and Mama Odie. Louis has a few. The rest are of some of the critters.

If said new characters from the food company make an appearance in the ride, they're surely not among the 20 something advanced audio-animatronics. Also, I have a feeling the otter is actually one of the those few advanced figures.
They're supposedly creating over 15 completely new characters for this ride that will eventually be part of the D+ series. I assume not all of which are going to be animals, and some of which are probably those employees in the "photo". They'll probably appear at the end and/or beginning of the ride if I would venture a guess. Since the interior is probably mostly Tiana, Louis and the musical critters. I would be surprised if none of those new humans were proper animatronics, while a lot of the new animals are. Whether they're included among the most advanced in the ride, I don't know.

Something to note is that animatronics don't have to contain the latest A-1000 tech to look good. Even relatively ancient and "primitive" animatronics from the 60s-80s can look good and have a decent range of motion. When Splash Mountain is/was being maintained properly (something only Tokyo Disneyland does anymore), the old America Sings figures have a great range of motion and can appear very fluid. The "compliance" software tech Disney developed in the late 80s also dramatically upped the game in making less rigid and janky motion. I think older figures can be retrofitted with compliance too. Incidentally, it's also easy to mess the process up in the inverse and make an "advanced" figure look and move like crap if the artists/animators don't know what they're doing (like the Ariel AA's).

The Otter appears capable of a significant range of motion based on the poses in the diagram. Though I need to see him in motion for the full extent. Quite a number of the more advanced America Sings figures can perform similar poses to what that diagram shows. Though the Otter seems like he has extra axes in the eyebrows.

yensidtlaw1969

But even then, there are so many other possibilities for Frontierland, including trying it into BTMRR and morphing that area into an incarnation of Thunder Mesa.

DSC0527-1.jpeg

You don’t need to carelessly plop 1920s New Orleans into a land meant for the 1800s old west.
You mean like when they carelessly plopped Cartoonified 1860's Georgia in it?

Not saying TBA is necessarily a better thematic fit than Splash, but it's not really worse.

Tha Realest

If we’re claiming portions of Disney proper I’d like to lay my stake in a man made Island in the Disney Springs area. An island filled with pleasure, where explorers and adventurers could have a club they call their own.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

Not saying TBA is necessarily a better thematic fit than Splash, but it's not really worse.
Are we really having the "Splash never fit in Frontierland" debate when Splash is dead and gone? It could've been the best fit for Frontierland or it could've been Space plopped in Frontierland, it doesn't matter anymore

FettFan

If we're claiming parks, I guess I'll take Hollywood Studios. That park still needs a lot.

Because people online demanded it and the people running the Disney corporation are cowards. That's why.
Plus is cheap just to copy/paste projects and homogenize all the parks.

See now you’re splitting hairs (or hares).

Just like the folks who argue Country Bear Jamboree doesn’t belong in Frontierland because all the songs they sing were written in the 1940s-60s.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

The big thing with this retheme is that no matter how many fancy animatronics it has, it's going to be glaringly obvious that it was once Splash Mountain. We're constantly going to think "Okay, this was where Brer Rabbit was, this was where Brer Fox and Brer Bear were..."

The other big thing is that, regardless as to how good or bad the retheme is, it's being done for the wrong reasons and created an incredible amount of fighting and online discord. In the end, we'll have to wonder if it was really worth it.

Centauri Space Station

The big thing with this retheme is that no matter how many fancy animatronics it has, it's going to be glaringly obvious that it was once Splash Mountain. We're constantly going to think "Okay, this was where Brer Rabbit was, this was where Brer Fox and Brer Bear were..."

The other big thing is that, regardless as to how good or bad the retheme is, it's being done for the wrong reasons and created an incredible amount of fighting and online discord. In the end, we'll have to wonder if it was really worth it.
Like literally every other attraction retrofit as a new one?

WorldExplorer

It's also hugely demoralizing; THIS is the amount of convoluted hoops that have to be jumped through to get them to actually try now.

And even then, the giant, super impressive outer-shell is already there for them.

And even THEN, supposedly (supposedly) they didn't want to until it turned out people actually really liked that super popular, iconic ride.

Brer Panther

I'm honestly not convinced that Disney is really afraid of the possibility of people not liking the retheme. Ignoring the fact that people gush over every ride Disney craps out nowadays regardless of whether or not it's good (the Ratatouille ride, Mickey's Runaway Railway, etc.), I recall there were a lot of people super-excited and immediately on board with the retheme from the second it was announced.

Even if they had gone with the original "remove most of the animatronics, Louis can't find his trumpet" storyline, chances are people online would've gushed over it anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom