News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

And the problem with that is ?

Because thematic storytelling is part of the construction of this attraction. And after photos or announcements are posted it can remain a discussion board that is what this is.
Like the term Imagineering, it is not just physical engineering. Creating a theme park attraction is cerebral too; if we discussing what is actually announced in the show writing, then it pertains to that and we can talk about it as each physical update is visible. Per the site mods, that is what this thread is for.

The merits of Splash vs Tiana can stay in the other thread.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Because thematic storytelling is part of the construction of this attraction. And after photos or announcements are posted it can remain a discussion board that is what this is.
Like the term Imagineering, it is not just physical engineering. Creating a theme park attraction is cerebral too; if we discussing what is actually announced in the show writing, then it pertains to that and we can talk about it as each physical update is visible. Per the site mods, that is what this thread is for.

The merits of Splash vs Tiana can stay in the other thread.
No you are describing the theme of the attraction not the physical construction. Vast difference between the two .

celluloid

No you are describing the theme of the attraction not the physical construction. Vast difference between the two .

We are discussing the physical construction seen so far in compared to what the revealed story known is. They connect, and this discussion is not required to be limited to whomever has photo updates, per site owner posting the story update in this thread. Please refrain from continuing to complain about it as the decision has been made and posted as this type of thematic discussion is appropriate for this thread.

LittleBuford

Please refrain from continuing to complain about it as the decision has been made and posted that the thematic discussion is appropriate for this thread.
Actually, we’ve been asked by @The Mom to take such discussion to the other thread. I was confused on the matter too, but a ruling has been made, and the thread linked below is where all non-construction talk should happen:

celluloid

Actually, we’ve been asked by @The Mom to take such discussion to the other thread. I was confused on the matter too, but a ruling has been made, and we are now supposed to take all non-construction talk to the new thread:

Right, that speculation definitely should stay over there. but when the discussion specifically speaks of things happening that deal with the seen construction, there is going to be crossover. That is going to occur when you see physical construction so far, including the themed construction walls and comment how it ties to the attraction's now published story.

There is a difference of discussing merits of comparison to discussing how the construction ties in.

The discussion here is often how the construction results tie in. It does not need to be invalidated because it was not a photo update.

And it is construction of a themed attraction, the theming is going to be mentioned sometimes. Policing it to be just photos is not really a discussion thread.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Right, that speculation definitely should stay over there. but when the discussion specifically speaks of things happening that deal with the seen construction, there is going to be crossover. That is going to occur when you see physical construction so far, including the themed construction walls and comment how it ties to the attraction's now published story.

It is different than discussing merits of comparison to discussing how the construction ties in.

It is discussion of construction.

And it is construction of a themed attraction, the theming is going to be mentioned sometimes. Policing it to be just photos is not really a discussion thread.

This is why I think it's pointless to have two threads because unless there is very strict moderation no one is ever going to agree on what should be in this thread and what shouldn't.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
download (1) (3).jpeg

This is a fake rock.

Theme . It represent the old west and is stylised to look like something found in the desert.

Construction.
It was made with chicken wire spray foam and brown paints 1-26.

The two are different discussions.

celluloid

View attachment 696471
This is a fake rock.

Theme . It represent the old west and is stylised to look like something found in the desert.

Construction.
It was made with chicken wire spray foam and brown paints 1-26.

The two are different discussions.

Is the rock constructed to look like it is about to fall over on an oncoming train? Or does it look percarious like that on accident? Oh based on the backstory etc...." it looks to be intentional, and matches the concept art.

This is also discussion of construction of a themed attraction. It is not general.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Is the rock constructed to look like it is about to fall over on an oncoming train? Or does it look percarious like that on accident? Oh based on the backstory etc...." it looks to be intentional, and matches the concept art.

This is also discussion of construction of a themed attraction. It is not general.
Thats theme you are describing not construction. 🙄🙄🙄

DisneyDebRob

Holy crap, this is worse than I could ever have imagined. You can almost smell the fear from the people who thought up this preachy killjoy ride replacement. So eager to please and so desperate not to offend, they've concocted a ride narrative that's complete and total cringe. AND those character sketches - all those people wearing little aprons with Tiana's Foods logos on them like they're all baristas from Starbucks. What emotion, exactly, are those characters supposed to inspire? Certainly not amusement or excitement. The Princess and The Frog is not a movie known for strong characters or a great plot anyway, and now the "Imagineers" have made the situation worse with new, even blander characters and that clunky PC storyline. No drama, no tension, and not even a villain - where the heck is Dr. Facilier? By far the most interesting character in the film and he's being left out? Why? I'd rather have a PatF ride that retells the movie story than this treacly follow-up. It's so boring and pandering that it's offensive in its own right. I nearly fell asleep reading the ride description.

Instead of a Laughing Place, we're getting an employee-owned co-op. Instead of rollicking music and classic talking animals, we're getting a Trader Joe's - with a log flume. Instead of the Briar Patch, we're getting Tiana's Foods - a dark ride in a grocery store! Wow, I've always wanted to get wet while shopping at the A&P!

Just appalling. This reboot reeks with astronomical suck. I bet the gang at Universal are laughing their butts off right now. Me...I feel more like crying. And maybe I would if I wasn't so ticked. Damn it, Imagineers, people want to have FUN on a ride. What's fun about that? What's fun about a dorky scavenger hunt for some missing ingredient? Why in Hades should we care?

God. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. So lame it'd almost be laughable if it weren't so tragic.
The A&P? You just took me back 40 years. 😂

DisneyDebRob

One of the cardinal rules in marketing and PR is you drop bad news late in the day on a Friday when no one is paying attention.

This came out after hours last night, around 7pm on a Friday.

Either the PR/marketing arm suddenly became very incompetent at a core competency of this company, or…they know what they’re marketing.
It’s that latter of course. They know exactly what they are doing. Theme a ride with no complaints.. a dead story..and they will still line up for hours to ride it. Why make it something spectacular when the built in audience is already there. Save money.. really dumb plot..and no backlash anymore except for the few here that actually knows what the imaginears are capable of and are disappointed.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s that latter of course. They know exactly what they are doing. Theme a ride with no complaints.. a dead story..and they will still line up for hours to ride it. Why make it something spectacular when the built in audience is already there. Save money.. really dumb plot..and no backlash anymore except for the few here that actually knows what the imaginears are capable of and are disappointed.
and when it opens and the crowds are huge because everyone wants to see it and what replaced a popular attraction, they’ll claim success and everyone involved will be rewarded with bonuses and you can guarantee it’ll be in the media as well to push their message regardless of the backlash that occurs from true fans

Fido Chuckwagon

I'll take that under. I think Disney will open the attraction no later then 4Q 2024... no matter how many moving statutes are replaced with fixed figures or even screens.
Hopefully not as obvious as Spaceship Earth

I'm assuming the track and associated components don’t need significantly more work then anticipated.

I agree with PP, Disney wants to significantly reduce maintenance and operating costs.
How long could it possibly take to remove all the animatronics, replace with a couple of projectors, and slap on some new paint? Chapek would have had this done by Christmas 2023, and then would have had it opened by Easter 2026.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom