News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

wedenterprises

"Tiana brings much-needed representation to the park, resonating with guests of all ages and backgrounds." The writer contradicts themselves in the same sentence. Do characters, regardless of race, resonate with guests of all ages and background - OR do we need to have every race represented in order for people to resonate with them?

Or potentially the real answer is the writer believes that only black characters resonate with people of all backgrounds, while white characters cannot possibly resonate with black people. Either way you look at it this writer is pretty gosh darn racist.
LOL No. The quoted like is simply sloppy writing, allowing you the opportunity to display your cognitive bias. You are correct that there are two contradicting ideas presented on either side of the comma. They just need to be married.

An easy way to fix this would be; "Tiana brings much needed representation to the park, while resonating with guests of all ages and backgrounds." Meaning that although she brings representation to one specific group, she is also able to resonate with all guests in other ways. I then expect the writer to continue on about how she resonates with everyone (her dreams, her optimism, her overcoming of hardships etc.)

This could lead into, and support, a new third idea that "it's important to mirror the audience's diversity."

ToTBellHop

I didn’t realize this was an AP Language and Composition class.
1719508896888.gif

DCBaker

Premium Member
Walt Disney Imagineering has released a bonus clip to their series We Call It Imagineering, with a special look at Leah Chase-Kamata singing Do you Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?

Here's the clip description:

Here’s a special look at Leah Chase-Kamata, the daughter of Dooky and Leah Chase, a NOLA staple and accomplished singer, as she lent her voice to the queue song, “Do you Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?”.

Grammy-Award winners, PJ Morton and Terence Blanchard recorded this special soundtrack in New Orleans with some of the city’s most prolific musicians just for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure! Alongside Disney Imagineers, they worked with hundreds of artists who contributed their talents throughout the attraction and queue area.

We’re so immensely proud and excited to celebrate all the music featured in and around Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Thank you to all the musicians involved!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

Brer Oswald

What are you even talking about?

A park with more diversity resonates with more people. That's not racist to suggest and most of us do not question that claim. For me, I would have just preferred PatF get a NEW attraction, and I would have included Facilier if it was going to be a thrill ride. The current story lends itself more to the ride layout of the new Tangled ride in Tokyo.
That’s what I would’ve done. You add a new Tiana ride with a nice indoor New Orleans pavilion area beyond Big Thunder, and you make some tweaks to Splash’s post show to give more acknowledgement to Brer Rabbit‘s roots. Then you have two black coded rides rather than one. But alas, Disney likes to go for the option that irritates the most amount of fans.

Kingoglow

It would be nice if Disney's diversity and inclusion initiative would also build in role models for young men and boys. Something like a well-written Prince movie; instead of this fascination focusing solely on princesses. All the boys have no ware side-kicks and hangers on (the current princes), a drunk (Cpt. Sparrow) and two plastic toys that are memed to be named after adult toys. With Marvel and Star Wards 'princess-ifizing' their brands there is nothing more to cater to males.

JoeCamel

It would be nice if Disney's diversity and inclusion initiative would also build in role models for young men and boys. Something like a well-written Prince movie; instead of this fascination focusing solely on princesses. All the boys have no ware side-kicks and hangers on (the current princes), a drunk (Cpt. Sparrow) and two plastic toys that are memed to be named after adult toys. With Marvel and Star Wards 'princess-ifizing' their brands there is nothing more to cater to males.
Dude it's a princess park....

ConfettiCupcake

I will not stand for this Cars erasure.

splah

My favorite thing in the backstory is that imagineering did some amazing field work to “validate” that armadillos in fact live in the bayou. Thank goodness they took that one picture of an armadillos. Otherwise lari would have been missing.

Armadillos in the bayou you say? Poppycock!

Also if each animal has a unique personality, I can’t really tell because they all are smiling and all they do sway. None of that backstory translated into anything visually.

And if lari is such a great character (and I understand that he’s referenced in notes and things on bulletin boards) but there should be some visual, non text, clues of his scavenging in the queue and more times where his head occasionally slowly pops out around a tree stump or from the ceiling or with a snorkel or their favorite animated in the background screens. What could have been a fun I spy game now just begs the question what is this giant angry looking armadillo doing here?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
The ENTIRE queue soundtrack is now streaming on streaming platforms in celebration of opening day!

• Basin Street Blues
• The Second Line
• Down in New Orleans
• Tailgate Ramble
• St. James Infirmary
• Louisiana Fairytale
• When We’re Human
• Bourbon Street Parade
• Eh La Bas
• Big Chief
• Li’l Liza Jane
• Gonna Take You There
• Doctor Jazz
• They All Ask’d for You
• Ma Belle Evangeline
• Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans
• It Ain’t My Fault

600x600bf-60.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom