News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Spoke highly about Mission BO? I'd say I've seen about 60% favourable to the new attraction. The majority to be sure, but myself and many others do also feel it was a downgrade overall due to issues that all have pointed out (facade, rethemed queue, screens, exposed scenic elements, narrative structure and plot, etc).

Feel free to search the DLR forums or DM if you want to know more.
Ride experience wise there is no question it was an improvement.

JohnD

LOL No. The quoted like is simply sloppy writing, allowing you the opportunity to display your cognitive bias. You are correct that there are two contradicting ideas presented on either side of the comma. They just need to be married.

An easy way to fix this would be; "Tiana brings much needed representation to the park, while resonating with guests of all ages and backgrounds." Meaning that although she brings representation to one specific group, she is also able to resonate with all guests in other ways. I then expect the writer to continue on about how she resonates with everyone (her dreams, her optimism, her overcoming of hardships etc.)

This could lead into, and support, a new third idea that "it's important to mirror the audience's diversity."
It's the moderator's opinion. He can write what he wants, however he wants. So there.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
My favorite thing in the backstory is that imagineering did some amazing field work to “validate” that armadillos in fact live in the bayou. Thank goodness they took that one picture of an armadillos. Otherwise lari would have been missing.

Armadillos in the bayou you say? Poppycock!

Also if each animal has a unique personality, I can’t really tell because they all are smiling and all they do sway. None of that backstory translated into anything visually.

And if lari is such a great character (and I understand that he’s referenced in notes and things on bulletin boards) but there should be some visual, non text, clues of his scavenging in the queue and more times where his head occasionally slowly pops out around a tree stump or from the ceiling or with a snorkel or their favorite animated in the background screens. What could have been a fun I spy game now just begs the question what is this giant angry looking armadillo doing here?
My theory is he's a remnant from the "lost trumpet" plot. Like throughout the ride we would've had "Uh oh Lari has the trumpet again, gotta follow him down this cliff". But someone thought he was good enough to carry over into the new story.

Meeko77

The ENTIRE queue soundtrack is now streaming on streaming platforms in celebration of opening day!

• Basin Street Blues
• The Second Line
• Down in New Orleans
• Tailgate Ramble
• St. James Infirmary
• Louisiana Fairytale
• When We’re Human
• Bourbon Street Parade
• Eh La Bas
• Big Chief
• Li’l Liza Jane
• Gonna Take You There
• Doctor Jazz
• They All Ask’d for You
• Ma Belle Evangeline
• Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans
• It Ain’t My Fault

View attachment 795149
I have to say the music is EXCELLENT; really enjoying listening to it on Spotify right now!

Speedy71

There's a new pet! Ch ch ch chia! Chia pet, the pottery that grows! it's fun and easy, soak your chia, spread the seeds, keep it watered, and watch it grow! And now grow a whole collection of fun with Chia teddy bears, puppies, kittens, rams, bulls, there's even a Chia salt mine to keep your pets company. Chia pets and mines; the pottery that grows! The Chia pet and Chia salt mine are available at Kmart, Rite Aid, AMES, and Woolworth. Makes a great gift!

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-Sign-and-big-drop-with-ride-vehicle-image-by-Dani-Meyering.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom