News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

Anybody know what the suits at Disney think about this whole project now?
Probably worried too much about it’s reliability a week out from official opening to reflect much on how it’s being recieved.

Unless they’re looking at the fact it doesn’t seem to have moved the needle on bookings.

Tjaden

Anybody know what the suits at Disney think about this whole project now?
office-dwight.gif

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Would you like to source this or just remain vague? Here's hoping for a YouTube video with a clickbait title in all caps next to an isolated image of a random wincing Disney character in the thumbnail.
You don't get a $400 swag bag, special access, food, drinks, and other perks for giving negative reviews.

Incomudro

Legality, schamaglity.

The EU, which also requires influencers disclose ad content, found 80% of influencers don't.

Again, influencers being paid to promote corporations is incredible normal.

Here's an example I saw recently on Instagram. This woman is not a Disney influencer, she's a beauty influencer, but Disney invited her to come experience the new ride and shill for it. No where on her post does it say this is an ad, but that's exactly what it is - opening date and all. Again, this is very normal corporate-influencer behavior.

It's just part of the marketing budget. No different than buying up billboard space or commercial time.

Hey, at least THIS Tiana isn't middle aged!

CntrlFlPete

I do not follow any influencers so I am not sure what all they are saying verse what the general public is saying.

From what I have read in some threads around here, well, to me it seems like it needs to be compared to Splash or something as opposed to just judging it as TBA.

After one ride through, my family is pleased with the makeover.

Looking at it compared to other recent additions, well NRA has a great visual environment and one extremely impressive animatronic wrapped into a short ride.

Here, we have a lot of very impressive animatronics and a wonderful visual environment in a lengthy ride that has a better pay off for the wait verses many shorter ride times around the park.

My family is happy we have been on Splash (and other rides that have left the MK) and yet TBA is an attraction we will enjoy when we visit. I am also happy that I know I will enjoy future rides for there is a lot that I did not take in on one ride through.

Consumer

Um, what? The beauty influencer literally led with a statement thanking Disney for the invite and included the hashtag “hosted”. It’s 100% clear this is an ad/promo exchange between her and the company.
That is not adequate ad disclosure. It needs to be outright stated that this is a paid sponsorship.

bwr827

That is not adequate ad disclosure. It needs to be outright stated that this is a paid sponsorship.

It was plenty for me; I don’t work for the FTC.

(I’m picturing bureaucrats who ask their grandkids how MySpace works.)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Here, we have a lot of very impressive animatronics
I'm honestly glad you and your family enjoyed the attraction. But are the animatronics actually that impressive? If I'm not mistaken, 95% of them aren't capable of blinking.

I could be wrong on that which is why im asking. Especially compared to animatromics that are in Anna and Elsas Frozen Journey at Tokyo Disney, which are absolutely mind blowing IMO

CntrlFlPete

I'm honestly glad you and your family enjoyed the attraction. But are the animatronics actually that impressive? If I'm not mistaken, 95% of them aren't capable of blinking.

I could be wrong on that which is why im asking. Especially compared to animatromics that are in Anna and Elsas Frozen Journey at Tokyo Disney, which are absolutely mind blowing IMO

I imagine the word 'lot' is misleading. Still, I am viewing this as a WDW attraction. WDI always seems able to build stuff for their independent operators that WDW does not seem whiling to invest in or something.

I was sort of looking at it as three to five anomatronics impressed me in some form or another. WDW is the only park I've seen save Disneyland over in CA, but it has been four decades since I was last there, so just WDW.

Last time I rode NRA, the cool animatronic was a video, I've seen Kylo like that. Seems WDW likes ONE impressive in their rides. I've riding Everest w/ Yeti in A mode and know the ride is NOTHING like it once was. I imagine Mr Potato Head doesn't even take his ear off anymore at WDW.

Here, even if it just three (the other figures, atmosphere and such still add to the enjoyment) if not impressive from a tech standpoint. I would bet around five anomatronics are more impressive than any we had on Splash.

Anyway, I do feel most families will enjoy this at WDW and I can see how folks (judging the ride based on a ride at WDW's MK and not what came before it). I just think it would/will get more love if looked at via that lense and I feel it is a far way to view it and I know I am not on the take from Disney because I have this view.

Maybe WDW is a low bar for Disney, but as one who get ill on Guardians, this one is a decent swap for me.

Figments Friend

The (no longer so) new Mickey shorts are great. One still taken out of context is not a good basis on which to judge them.

Oh I have watched them.
Enjoy the fun little Theme Park related ‘in jokes’ they slip in once in a while.
Some of the cartoon shorts are fairly wacky fun and harmless lighthearted entertainment.
But I gotta admit I have yet to have seen the episode with ‘zombie Goofy’.

Does seem a bit ‘extreme’….but I’m sure it was done for laughs.
Not sure how funny Goofy found it though..he’s the living dead!
🤣

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom