News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Figments Friend

Anyway folks….

Back on topic.

How about that Bayou Misadventure?

Had a CM friend try to ride today.
She had a heck of a time, with all the down time and delayed opening issues.
After she finally had the chance to ride, it hit her -
“This is SO BAD..!”
She came away feeling deflated and disappointed.

This is coming from a Disney ‘lifer’ who rarely has anything negative to say about the Company.
But even she had to admit that this ride experience for her was a let down.
Lots of AA issues , ride control issues, etc…not to mention the problems just getting on the thing.

Yeah I know….glitches are to be expected during previews, but still….i found her reaction somewhat surprising as I was expecting her to gush about how ‘cute’ or ‘good’ it was.
Nope. Completely panned it.
She basically once again hit all the points some here have been addressing since the first POV video hit.

There is ‘something missing’ and it ain’t just the ‘special spice’ ….

-

LittleBuford

Oh I have watched them.
Enjoy the fun little Theme Park related ‘in jokes’ they slip in once in a while.
Some of the cartoon shorts are fairly wacky fun and harmless lighthearted entertainment.
But I gotta admit I have yet to have seen the episode with ‘zombie Goofy’.

Does seem a bit ‘extreme’….but I’m sure it was done for laughs.
Not sure how funny Goofy found it though..he’s the living dead!
🤣

-
I believe it’s supposed to be a ghoul that looks like Goofy rather than Goofy himself. Either way, it’s all meant in good humour.

gerarar

Premium Member
AP Previews have come to an end with just 6 days of previews!

Today, being the last day, was nothing short but eventful.
The morning 7am drop lasted for almost 3 hours, which is the longest out of the 6 preview days.
However, this was overshadowed by the lengthy extended downtime TBA experienced today.
  • A late opening after 2 hours.
  • 4.5 hours of downtime around 12pm to 5pm.
  • 2 hours at the end of the day with no BGs called.
In total, 8.5 hours of extended downtime today.
While MK was open for 14 hours, it was down/closed for ~60% of the day, making it the worst operational day thus far (that we have data for).

With a little over a week away, things need to (and should hopefully) improve for the grand opening on June 28th. Regular day guests won't be happy if the new ride is down for majority of the day as we've seen during these limited previews.

Full Day 6/6 Stats:
Final Day 6 Stats (6/20) [Day 6/6 AP previews]:
7am: 10505.3 secs, or ~2 hours 55 mins
1pm: 1.8 secs*
*the morning 7am drop lasted longer than afternoon 1pm drop

BG 120 (-40) is the last BG called for the day at 8:02pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:00 - 11:04am
12:39 - 5:07pm
8:02 - 10:00pm

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 2hr 2m -> 2hr 29m (+27m)
1pm: 2.5s -> 2.2s (-0.3s)

That does it for Day 6 of Tiana' Bayou Adventure!
View attachment 793620

And with that, that brings AP Previews to an end!
Today had the longest morning 7am VQ drop out of the 6 preview days, but also had the worst operational performance with about 8.5 hours of downtime
The ride officialy opens on June 28 with a VQ in place for the first few days/weeks (hopefully).

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just pure speculation.

At first I thought the breakdowns were just the bugs getting worked out of the system and that it was just tied to sensors needing adjustment, settings needing to be tweaked, etc. Basically a lot of small things that revealed themselves when the ride went live.

But as shown, it looks like the problems have only gotten worse (or more complicated) the more the ride was used. I believe all the previous attractions ride controls were replaced, so to me it seems like the issues with the ride are deep seated and design related to whatever replaced the previous system.

Maybe they should have spent less on PR junkets to New Orleans and more for programers and engineers.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's a look at Tiana's Bayou Adventure Annual Passholder shirt and pin that will be available at the Emporium on June 28:

Tianas-Annual_PassHolder-Tshirt-16x9.jpg

Brer Oswald

Here's a look at Tiana's Bayou Adventure Annual Passholder shirt and pin that will be available at the Emporium on June 28:

View attachment 793659
I love the artstyle, but again, Tiana is just standing around. For a ride that is all about her ongoing on a bayou adventure, she sure doesn’t do a lot.

Also, realized how much of a missed opportunity it was to not have Louis play his trumpet at all on the ride.

Tha Realest

Anyone on this thread think Disney should worry more about making attractions that actually work and are engaging to the audience and less about merchandise?? It almost seems like Disney builds attractions around merchandising and not the other way around. So pathetic
The thing about relevance activations is, you know, they have to reliably activate.

LittleBuford

(Waves hand)

Is this finished?
Whatever issues there are with the ride as it currently stands—and I agree there are many—in what way does it count as unfinished? By that definition, one would have to call Expedition Everest and Rise of the Resistance unfinished for having effects that stopped working soon after they opened.

Disstevefan1

Anyone on this thread think Disney should worry more about making attractions that actually work and are engaging to the audience and less about merchandise?? It almost seems like Disney builds attractions around merchandising and not the other way around. So pathetic
I presume these are completely different teams. They work independent.

The attractions operations team sure has its work cut out for them!

The operations team says to the imagineers, "these things are not working".

The imagineers says to operations, "they worked fine in the lab". ;)

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Whatever issues there are with the ride as it currently stands—and I agree there are many—in what way does it count as unfinished? By that definition, one would have to call Expedition Everest and Rise of the Resistance unfinished for having effects that stopped working soon after they opened.
Honestly, Disneyland's Magic Happens is so unfinished! The pepita float broke so quickly!

Smiley/OCD

Idk about that. Like I said I feel like the aesthetic to this ride is much less adventure in new Orleans than it is "got off at the wrong exit on the Jersey Turnpike late at night and lost in Jersey swamplands full of mosquitoes". Vibes. I'm thoroughly uninterested in fake plant varieties or food smells that are just sound and fury (or smell in this case) signifying nothing. And the screens are both low quality and quick looping, from what I'm seeing and frankly if I wanted to stare at a screen id take my phone out and play the same clip and wow I just imagineered all in my own!

I go to Disney to see the impossible become possible before my eyes and to be in adventures with things I can't do on my own. I can attend a party with food. I don't need a log flume to do it
Wait, Jersey swamp…did you see Jimmy H?

Jambo Dad

I’m

This crappy AP merch reminds me of the sketch where Will Ferrell went on jimmy kimmel dressed as Little Debbie. “I am excited to tell your guests that each of you has the opportunity to go out and buy little Debbie snack cakes!”

Figments Friend

I would like that Passholder shirt shown above much better without the overly huge and obnoxiously scaled lettering shouting PASSHOLDER along the left edge.
🤨

Seven days to go until the big public Grand Opening of the Attraction….!

Going to be a entertaining day, methinks.
🍿

Place your bets now -
How many hours will you think the Attraction will be down on June 28th?

-

gerarar

Premium Member
CM Previews supposedly being cancelled.

Going forward, there are some Cast Member previews scheduled for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure before it opens to the public. According to Cast Members that we’ve spoken with at the attraction, it’s possible that some of the upcoming Cast Member previews may be canceled as Disney World looks to try and implement some last-minute fixes before the ride opens to the public.

Seemingly confirmed in the replies:

SilentWindODoom

View attachment 793659

And once again, we see merch that looks so much better than the attraction poster. 🤣

I would like that Passholder shirt shown above much better without the overly huge and obnoxiously scaled lettering shouting PASSHOLDER along the left edge.
🤨

But... but... how could you show off how special you are without it being in big gold letters? Without that, people could think you're a mere tourist.

Seven days to go until the big public Grand Opening of the Attraction….!

Going to be a entertaining day, methinks.
🍿

Place your bets now -
How many hours will you think the Attraction will be down on June 28th?

With AP previews finishing, are there any other scheduled previews that need to take place?

Can they just shut down for a couple of days to try to figure this out before that day?

SilentWindODoom

CM Previews supposedly being cancelled.

Going forward, there are some Cast Member previews scheduled for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure before it opens to the public. According to Cast Members that we’ve spoken with at the attraction, it’s possible that some of the upcoming Cast Member previews may be canceled as Disney World looks to try and implement some last-minute fixes before the ride opens to the public.

Seemingly confirmed in the replies:

Got ninja'd by a minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom