News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

Glad it's coming along and it seems like it'll have new animatronics.

This is a minor thing, but not seeing Keith David's name among the cast doesn't give me much hope for Facilier. I guess he really won't make an appearance, such a waste for the drop imo
Why go with one of the great villains in the 21st century animated films when you have unknown or untested characters you can use instead?

Disstevefan1

The article being referred to in the post you quoted was this one, which specifies these updates are for both Disneyland and WDW:

Thanks for the clarification! I got my article links mixed up!

Good to think there will be no nose cutting to spite face stuff going on. ;)

Maybe WDW's version could even be better than DLs version. :)

For both, we must wait and see what we end up with after the budget cuts happen.

LittleBuford

Yeah. I bet lots of kids will want plushes of that character. Instead of cute rabbits and foxes and bears, we get...that. Remember the Quasimodo dolls that failed to fly off the shelves? :eek:I thought she was kinda gross in the movie. Seeing her as an AA...ew.
I personally think Mama Odie will look great. Can’t wait to see her!

Incomudro

We know the ride takes place after the movie, so it's not surprising that Facillier and Ray are not mentioned.

Now what is interesting is that the press release hypes new, original characters, but does not make any reference to the Disney+ Tiana show (whos connection was previously a major selling point of this rehab) which has been delayed indefinitely. I guess they want to cover themselves in case that series does not happen.
I understand, which is why I would have preferred the ride be based on the film.
The sense of impending dread while being stalked by a Facilier is something I don't know how they are going to work around.
Everything else is promising, and I'll go as far as to say that I bet this ride will be very attractive visually.
Less stark than Splash was.
More lush, fuller set scenes, better and more updated lighting...

FettFan

That already always felt inappropriate since the Country Bears seem more Appalachian to me, yet they exited into a restaurant named for a character I associate more with the southwest. That said, I suppose I'm not exactly sure the Country Bears are explicitly placed geographically.

Much like the Simpsons, CBJ exists in a nebulous state of "anywhere yet also nowhere".

So really the answer is....it takes place in Floritennoradofornia.

FettFan

At least they nailed how snakes smile!!
9164889644_aab7baf955_b.jpg

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Very nice to see this update. I've been encouraged for this re-theme for some time and it's nice to see a lot of what @MerlinTheGoat has said be confirmed. I think this ride is going to be beautiful, even if there is no foreboding and creepy part before the drop.

Also, if they're going to pump in the smell of beignets - we BETTER be able to buy them too.

Sir_Cliff

This has been the most promising release so far, I think.

Nothing in it to snigger about, and confirmation of new AAs as well as a mix of original songs and others from the film. Not only that, but a Tony Baxter comment to the LA Times to reassure everyone he isn't angrily boycotting the whole thing!

Animaniac93-98

This has been the most promising release so far, I think.

Nothing in it to snigger about, and confirmation of new AAs as well as a mix of original songs and others from the film. Not only that, but a Tony Baxter comment to the LA Times to reassure everyone he isn't angrily boycotting the whole thing!

Amazing what a little extra thought and effort can do for your press releases! ;)

comics101

More details announced. Splash Mountain in Disneyland will be closed beginning May 31, 2023.

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

View attachment 709974

Maybe it's just me, but I find it amazing that concept art which supposedly depicts a specific scene in the attraction is as vague and unimagined as this piece is. They’re replacing SPLASH MOUNTAIN. This ride needs to be a massive home run, yet there’s been literally nothing to suggest it will be. I'm really surprised at the reassurance people feel by this update.

aladdin2007

Maybe it's just me, but I find it amazing that concept art which supposedly depicts a specific scene in the attraction is as vague and unimagined as this piece is. They’re replacing SPLASH MOUNTAIN. This ride needs to be a massive home run, yet there’s been literally nothing to suggest it will be. I'm really surprised at the reassurance people feel by this update.
Agree, while it looks nice, Im not sold yet by art of one little scene. We dont know how truncated the show space may be. They could alter the interiors so much that it could be half the scenes it use to be, and not nearly as surrounding. Those are big spaces to fill, from the scenes above to the laughing place below, and I bet they cut all that in half, but will see, could be wrong and I hope I am. It could turn out like frozen where they go big one area, and then barely do nothing in another,,,,hopefully that's not the case here. As for the scents bit, sounds nice and all but how long is that going to last, once in the hands of ops...yeah not long.

Animaniac93-98

I'm more reassured by what isn't said, than what was.

They're not leading with the salt mine/missing ingredient backstory

They're not hyping the cross-synergy connection with the Disney+ show

They're just stating the basics that songs and characters from the original movie will be featured, along with lots of AAs.

It's what they should have been focusing on in their previous press statements.

LittleBuford

It doesn’t look vague to me: it’s Mama Odie about to work her magic (by my guess just before the plummet). I would have felt reassured by this update regardless, but
I’m especially relieved after previous announcements that highlighted the backstory only.

Bocabear

They didn't mention where the beignet shop will be located...no need to pipe in the scent unless there will be a purchase point after the ride... Perhaps it's time for Pecos Bill to ride off into the sunset and Tiana's Palace to move in...adding some additional New Orleans inspired offerings and a few Beignet kiosks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom