News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kirby86

I saw Princess and the Frog and I'm wondering what Mama Odie is doing in the ride. Honestly that whole shrinking thing is weird. Mama Odie shrinks us because the Imagineers needed to reuse the laughing place set , Tiana tells Luis she has to find us since we shrunk, then Tiana and Luis forget about us when they see the musical frogs. I assume Tiana leaves since she has to rehearse, again not to worried about where we were aperently. That middle section up to the drop is so odd.

Professortango1

These are fundamentally different things. Starcruiser had its own price of admission, and people invited for free were indeed less capable of doing a true cost-benefit analysis because it cost them nothing (which many noted in their reviews). Tiana is part of regular admission. There’s no extra layer that significantly separates the experience of an invited, publication-employed reviewer from that of a standard guest.
Many of these folks are being allowed to ride the attraction early and also sit in private logs for taping and such. They are being given a privileged experience and not part of general admission. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the invited guests are also let into MK without a ticket or anything.

Special access is still worth considering when responding to people's coverage of the attraction. Privilege breeds loyalty.

LittleBuford

I’m confused. I didn’t think I was disagreeing with you at all, but it seems like you thought I was? I just meant that some folks were seeing the queue as the setup that helped make the ride make more sense. Sounds like you disagree with them?
I understood you to be saying that criticisms of the ride’s story were unjustified coming from those who weren’t taking the queue backstory into account. My point is that nothing in that backstory mitigates the major narrative issues that people have pointed to in the ride itself, particularly the lack of tension in the lead-up to the drop.

LittleBuford

The complaints that the story isn't explained or set up in any way.
That certainly hasn’t been my complaint, nor has it been the loudest complaint voiced by others. The basic premise—that Tiana and Louis are in search of critter band members for her party that night—is actually pretty easy to understand and needs very little set-up. It’s what happens after we begin our journey that could use some fleshing out and tonal variety.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
The ride has not started cycling yet as of the time the article was written.

It was a "necessary downgrade". So no complaints from anyone.

Listen GIF by Laff

JohnD

Some of this video was featured in the broken animatronics vid but it still is a good one to look at:

- This POV showcased the nature sounds during that long stretch to Tiana on the stump well. I really like what they did with that audio, the clearer POVs I hear the more I like the music direction of this attraction, minus disembodied Tiana and Ray voices.

- There’s a long log jam, and it really shows how little these scenes have going on after they’ve been triggered.

I’m not judging the animatronic/sync issues too much yet since this is still a technical rehearsal. It’s not a great look for Disney but it’s understandable from a practical perspective.

Wow! I didn't know that the Maleficent dragon was part of the ride! ;)
1718288248864.png

dreamfinding

I don't know if that was necessary?... but saw this problem coming,,Disney should have pushed this back, the writing was on the wall.
I have guests there this morning and absolutely no movement. I’m an AP myself, but most APs have unreasonable expectations (IE: being catered to).

I’m attending the D23 event next weekend and don’t feel confident.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Except many posts here have criticized TBA based on incomplete information they got from the fixed-POV video:
All which was corrected with OTHER videos released within days. So why do we keep harping back to the first Disney video as why everyone hates everything and pointing out it's flaws? It's not the data point everyone is limited too.. so it's limitations have been passed.

But many (most?), of the knee-jerk initial reactions were based on analysis of the incomplete info from the POV. And that response formed the narrative that persists in this thread.
Sorry this is just making excuses - give your audience more credit - they are capable of forming new opinions with new information.

Your argument could be 'first impressions...' but instead you take it to the level to believe no one could get past those and everything is flawed because they can't get past that. That's you trying to spin... instead of giving people credit for taking in all the other information.. not just the day 0 video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom