News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Has anyone noticed, since the previews/POV videos began, that, for the most part, the only people giving it glowing reviews are the Disney vloggers/podcasters and travel agencies (along with the pixie dust addicts, of course)? It's hard not to think of these people as Disney shills, tbh. These people never seem to have an objective view- everything Disney does is "amazing" and "sooooooo magical!"
It’s easier to love Disney when they get special things and privileges which is why Disney plays that game with them.

Vegas Disney Fan

Love them or hate them the vloggers do a far better job of showing off what’s new in the parks than Disney does. If I relied solely on Disneys videos I’d still think this ride was a complete mess with 3 show scenes and nothing else to look at.

For those of us who only make it to (some of) the parks every couple years Vloggers keep us in the loop in a way Disney never could. I’ve spent the last week watching videos of Lookout Cay, many of the vloggers are annoying but as long as they take good video I’ll keep watching them.

How many people here would be familiar with the Tokyo parks or the Hong Kong park without the vloggers? It’s the only way most people will ever experience some of them.

Raineman

Love them or hate them the vloggers do a far better job of showing off what’s new in the parks than Disney does. If I relied solely on Disneys videos I’d still think this ride was a complete mess with 3 show scenes and nothing else to look at.

For those of us who only make it to (some of) the parks every couple years Vloggers keep us in the loop in a way Disney never could. I’ve spent the last week watching videos of Lookout Cay, many of the vloggers are annoying but as long as they take good video I’ll keep watching them.

How many people here would be familiar with the Tokyo parks or the Hong Kong park without the vloggers? It’s the only way most people will ever experience some of them.
The video they take is usually good-when they open their mouths, not so much. That's why I prefer the videos on the 4K WDW YouTube channel. No self shots, no talking, just POV videos and park/resort walkthroughs.

dreamfinding

I assume they get various accommodations and freebies so they can experience them firsthand and then promote them to clients.

If that’s what you mean, it’s normal business practice.

Is there something more nefarious?
Not nefarious, but some BIG agencies are shady (they’re not owned by Disney obvs). I mean, if you’re hosted, you are expected to keep secret the marketing tactics/whatever promotions TWDC has coming up. Then you have agencies that just totally disregard it.

_caleb

This is the first POV I've noticed where Tiana is waving at the incoming log before it gets to her, unsure if this just because they are the first log in the cycle , or what.

(but also noticing moments not triggering, Louis didn't react at all in first scene).

At 3:19 Louis (in the okra field) says, "Hello, anyone down here who can blow a horn...?"

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
image-9.png

Is that who I think it is on the front of the log for the photo frame?!

MrPromey

Who said they need Dr Facilier to have some conflict? Why not make the plot about loading hoards of cash she has been hiding from the newfangled IRS onto logs and then hurrying as fast as possible to make the deposit on a new location before the big bad businessmen steal the prime real estate?

1927 in New Orleans? She had a rumrunning business on the side. IRS was a burr on the butt of a frog but the mobsters were the real deal.....

Because then, they'd nee to rename the attraction Ozark.

MrPromey

Actually this would make a much better story line. Smuggling alcohol through the bayou to get to the party!

“You gotta dig a little deeper to find where you left the rum”

Que the POTC cross-tie.

Wait, now the very start of POTC in Disneyland before the skeletons kind of makes sense to me...

IanDLBZF

FYI, Disney sent out an email for those APs with Epcot, HWS, and AK park reservations.
What to Know About Passholder Previews for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure​
Passholder previews for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be taking place at Magic Kingdom Park on June 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 and 20. You have a theme park reservation for EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park on one or more of these dates, which means you may have an opportunity to experience this new attraction before it opens to the general public on June 28, 2024.

There are a few things you’ll need to know and do to have an opportunity to participate in a preview.​
•​
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Passholder previews will use a virtual queue.​
•​
You may request to join the virtual queue using the My Disney Experience app at 1p.m. on the day of your park reservation. The virtual queue will be available to all Passholders with a theme park reservation to any theme park for that day. You do not need to have entered a theme park when you request to join the virtual queue.​
•​
As a reminder, you must enter the theme park where you have a theme park reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom Park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, you can enter Magic Kingdom Park without a theme park reservation after 2:00 PM.​
Important Information
•​
Passholders must have a Walt Disney World® Resort Annual Pass with valid admission on the preview date. Applicable pass block-out dates apply.​
•​
A theme park reservation does not guarantee the ability to join a virtual queue.​
•​
Each Passholder can request to join a virtual queue no more than once per day.​
•​
Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to participate in the preview.​
•​
Passholders may hold boarding groups for the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Passholder preview virtual queue and an attraction virtual queue for TRON Lightcycle / Run or Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at the same time, when available.​
•​
Boarding groups for a virtual queue are limited and are not guaranteed. Not all boarding groups may be called to return, based on availability of the attraction. Learn more about virtual queues.​
•​
Offering, dates and hours are subject to change or cancellation without notice or liability.​
A similar email went out to those APs with MK park pass reservations.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
FYI, Disney sent out an email for those APs with Epcot, HWS, and AK park reservations.

A similar email went out to those APs with MK park pass reservations.
I'm somewhat local with an MK reservation and will attempt to ride. Between the weather, the lottery of a VQ and the probability of 101, I think the powers that be might be telling me to save the gas, reckless traffic on I 75, and agony.

I can still go to Epcot for a magnet!

Ayla

If I was interested in experiencing the Tokyo or Hong Kong parks, I'd visit them.

_caleb

Because it's putting up screens in an area which could have had AAs. It was a lazy use of space. Does anyone care about the number of fireflies?
I mean, I guess I care about the fireflies.

But surely you can see how framing it as "pushing" might come across as dramatic and over-reactionary, right? It's pretty common to post "fast-facts" about something like this so that media can report on anything they think readers might care about. If an outlet wants to use that info to write a jaded and cynical piece about how the fireflies are on screens rather than practical effects, and that is is a "lazy use of space," they could.

Ayla

I'm somewhat local with an MK reservation and will attempt to ride. Between the weather, the lottery of a VQ and the probability of 101, I think the powers that be might be telling me to save the gas, reckless traffic on I 75, and agony.

I can still go to Epcot for a magnet!
For Tracy out there (if you're a Smartless listener, you get it), 101 is when the ride is non-operational, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom