News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

dreamfinding

It must be because of corporate policies or Imagineering compartmentalization. Engineers and animators were fed the lines the characters are supposed to say, and worked with that, and only that. Different groups probably can't talk to each other anymore, and makes it so that no one can supervise the entire thing as one cohesive unit, and leads to everyone working blind.
This is what happened with the story it seems. Each team was given a show scene and was told "do this" and we get the jumbled final product.

it's like a group project when no one talks to one another.

Vegas Disney Fan

It must be because of corporate policies or Imagineering compartmentalization. Engineers and animators were fed the lines the characters are supposed to say, and worked with that, and only that. Different groups probably can't talk to each other anymore, and makes it so that no one can supervise the entire thing as one cohesive unit, and leads to everyone working blind.

I suspect you are correct that the individual Imagineers are given mandates from above and isolated from each other but someone is overseeing the whole product and responsible for making sure it all meshes.

Imagineering documentaries always show the virtual reality room, they show the exterior models, they show the character models, they show the models of individual scenes, etc… Imagineering plans and double checks everything. I think the end product was exactly what they designed, I just think the new Imagineering heads don’t understand the parks the same way the old Imagineers did.

co10064

Premium Member
I suspect you are correct that the individual Imagineers are given mandates from above and isolated from each other but someone is overseeing the whole product and responsible for making sure it all meshes.

Imagineering documentaries always show the virtual reality room, they show the exterior models, they show the character models, they show the models of individual scenes, etc… Imagineering plans and double checks everything. I think the end product was exactly what they designed, I just think the new Imagineering heads don’t understand the parks the same way the old Imagineers did.
Agree with everything you said!

I think this is a rare example where an even greater budget wouldn’t have necessarily helped this attraction… and you simply have to put the blame on Imagineers for at least part of that.

It all feels designed by committee… the storytelling beats aren’t there, and the little story that is there doesn’t flow with the ride design (thrill attraction). The dialogue could be improved, there’s too much blank space, and there’s an over-reliance on (non-period appropriate) signage.

What was needed was a strong creative lead who envisioned the attraction from start to finish—someone who knew how to play on Splash’s strengths while still honoring the new source material. It feels like we got neither of those things.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What the heck? We were celebrating Mardi Gras? That's never mentioned on the ride in dialogue or lyrics, and the words "Mardi Gras" never appear on any of the banners or signage in the ride.
Its in the queue… and the sign above the lift is about said party… just doesn’t say what the party topic is.

My guess is they aren’t trying to over do it to avoid the time of year issue… but instead over rotate and screw it all up

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I think this is a rare example where an even greater budget wouldn’t have necessarily helped this attraction… and you simply have to put the blame on Imagineers for at least part of that.

It all feels designed by committee… the storytelling beats aren’t there, and the little story that is there doesn’t flow with the ride design (thrill attraction). The dialogue could be improved, there’s too much blank space, and there’s an over-reliance on (non-period appropriate) signage.

What was needed was a strong creative lead who envisioned the attraction from start to finish—someone who knew how to play on Splash’s strengths while still honoring the new source material. It feels like we got neither of those things.

Bingo.

It was worrying when we started hearing all the rumored story changes during the development of this attraction- and when the finalized stuff sounded iffy.

This was clearly a project that was aimless, with shifting goalposts and no clear direction.

All of the issues are skill related, not budget related. Even the screens wouldn't be an issue if they were better utilized.

duncedoof

It would be a leap to expect them to understand the importance of loops and the collective knowledge gathered by previous Imagineers on how to make a ride just click.

I truly am firm on not blaming the Imagineers here, I blame their bosses. Their era of free reign is sadly over.

Tha Realest

They had strong creative leads. WDI delivered exactly the ride they conjured up.

tongaloosh

Because then people would complain "This is Louis's Bayou Adventure, not Tiana's!"
What if Tiana has the initial idea that there's plenty of talent to find in the bayou, (using Louis and the fireflies as examples) then joins us to go seek out those up-and-coming musical talents.

Somebody (Naveen?) could mention that having all-animal musical acts would really raise Tiana's above all the other Mardi Gras parties.

Bonus would be mentioning one of those all-animal acts as a nod to the Country Bears just across the way. Corporate synergy?

Raineman

Has anyone noticed, since the previews/POV videos began, that, for the most part, the only people giving it glowing reviews are the Disney vloggers/podcasters and travel agencies (along with the pixie dust addicts, of course)? It's hard not to think of these people as Disney shills, tbh. These people never seem to have an objective view- everything Disney does is "amazing" and "sooooooo magical!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom