News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
A photo from the dedication moment this morning:
20240610_074427.jpg

Ice Gator

So I'm a bit out of the loop- what's the deal with the food options? I know Golden Oak has gumbo, hot honey chicken, and beignets until September, but I'm surprised they haven't announced a permanent venue that sells New Orleans style food by now. I'm aware of the Pecos Bill replacement rumor, but haven't seen anything official alluding to that yet.

I'm only concerned because it would be ridiculous for them not to have a restaurant nearby that sells gumbo, beignets, and other soul foods year-round. They spend like 75% of the ride hyping up the food. If MK never gets a Tiana's Palace, or something similar, I'd be pretty upset. I love Port Orleans resort's offerings, but I wouldn't want to go out of my way to leave the park for dinner there after riding TBA.

TomboyJanet

Those screens always have looked weird on video, like they are supposed to have a 3-D effect. Screens usually look much worse on video than in person. I've been surprised at how good the bayou screens look in the videos I've seen and haven't heard anyone who's seen them in person complain.

From the Tim Tracker video. I've seen it clearer in others, but the notes are more than clear enough to make out.

View attachment 790237
. One thing I must say for the ride, Is that the animatronics at the begining look more Baxtery with the large eyes and goofy expressions and all, and I do like them. I just wish there were more of them. I mean It's not interesting to me to look at an oversized bottle and a key that look like they belong in a disney store play area, or part of heimleck's chew chew train in DCA. Overall this is very DCA level and not the RSR DCA but the 00s DCA. Like how some of the rides have Joe Rhode level theming and then taper off. Like I said before this ride is C or D ticket quality but needed to be an E. It's not the worst thing I ever saw, but It's not splash mountain and that's the issue. It needed to be on par or greater and it wasn't. Maybe they will learn from their mistakes in Anaheim.

Maybe they will just be stubborn.

I see another main issue with this ride being it's core audience crying because they aren't tall enough to ride.

Lots of sad little princesses will be created from here on in.... :(

Either way it's going to be trippy bringing my Plushie Brer Rabbit on it and having that be the only Brer Rabbit in splash mountain.

Last edited:

doctornick

Well, the good news is that it would be reasonably easy to add some plot. With even CNN having a story about the lack of plot, it seems Disney will need to make adjustments on this.

That's the thing, changing the dialogue and adding a few more AAs in empty spaces (even more limited motion ones) would potentially make it a lot better for a fairly modest cost. A lot of the decisions they made were kinda baffling really.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Fact sheets are bog standard (pun intended) media support and have been for decades.
Where it's a page long explanation of the story though? Key facts, key phrases, the take-aways marketing wants media to regurgitate... yes, typical PR type stuff. But the synopsis isn't even making a point of highlights or key takeaways to prime the media blitz with. It's basically providing all the filler and explaining all the story.. which no one is going to bother wasting so many lines on except a two or three line synopsis of going through the bayou to locate members for the band and mentioning the shrinking and finale.

I mean, contrast that with the PR piece for Cosmic Rewind - https://wdwnews.com/releases/its-sa...nd-debuts-may-27-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Contrast those two in terms of what they spend the energy focusing attention on...

When you look at this.. and then look at how much they put into the queue... and then belabored the media side with this 'tiana foods' backstory.. the whole thing feels completely like investing in the wrong things.

ToTBellHop

That's the thing, changing the dialogue and adding a few more AAs in empty spaces (even more limited motion ones) would potentially make it a lot better for a fairly modest cost. A lot of the decisions they made were kinda baffling really.
Agreed. It doesn't really need expensive AAs. Just the cheaper fillers. And you could pretty easily transition that final portion of the old Laughing Place (with the weird Tiana/Louis screen until the Odie screen) into a brief "Friends from the Other Side" segment that the impressive Odie AA could get guests away from. It doesn't need to be a prolonged, scary scene and the "friends" can largely be done with projection mapping. Easy-peasy.

TomboyJanet

Where it's a page long explanation of the story though? Key facts, key phrases, the take-aways marketing wants media to regurgitate... yes, typical PR type stuff. But the synopsis isn't even making a point of highlights or key takeaways to prime the media blitz with. It's basically providing all the filler and explaining all the story.. which no one is going to bother wasting so many lines on except a two or three line synopsis of going through the bayou to locate members for the band and mentioning the shrinking and finale.

I mean, contrast that with the PR piece for Cosmic Rewind - https://wdwnews.com/releases/its-sa...nd-debuts-may-27-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Contrast those two in terms of what they spend the energy focusing attention on...

When you look at this.. and then look at how much they put into the queue... and then belabored the media side with this 'tiana foods' backstory.. the whole thing feels completely like investing in the wrong things.
I missed the whole effect of the story unfolding as you go deeper into the ride, like in Splash. You would just see some birds singing (or trying to play instruments) in the bird houses then overhear the frog telling the setup, and then you'd see the character portraits telling you who you will meet, and where you will go, and then the frog tells the setup to you and slowly you follow Brer rabbit etc SINGING the events of the story as they unfold before you. Then tension builds slowly first mockingly, then partying too hard, and not paying attention to the danger. Finally we have the really scary Vultures, the famed boot hill boys, taunting you as you are held for the ascend into darkness. Finally the big twist, Is our hero ok? The happy music says we made it and there you go, Brer Rabbit tricked them into throwing him home again! And they face the consequences from a mad Brer Gator (who I guess is the one from the beginning with the frog) as everyone celebrates! Now that is a plot! This plot has like 3 things in it and boom you're done. Nothing really happened.

In my opinion the shrinking breaks up the continuity of the flow of the river (to be fair burrows lament kinda did too but It was taken out in the later versions. I assume that was just a flash vision and not in the laughing place) But this is a bit jarring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom