News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Only on a Disney theme park forum would Keith David be referred to as “the VA for Facilier.” Dude’s the most famous actor in the cast.
I'm specifically referring to the fact that he is the VA for Facilier. His character isn't in the ride. Heck, if your little brother was the VA, I'd still say it was a bummer for him. I'm specifically referring to him as that because that's the part of his career I'm trying to highlight with that comment. Lol.

bwr827

It's just one of many careless things in this ride but... why does ride-Louis think that the best musicians are from the bayou when his entire motivation in the movie was to leave the bayou so that he could play with the greats in New Orleans?

I would ask if these self-proclaimed great "storytellers" actually watched the movie, but they specifically reference a throwaway line about "man-catching beignets".... maybe they fell asleep partway through? :facepalm:
Is it careless, or did Louis inspire a whole movement? The ride continues the story after the movie.

WorldExplorer

It's just one of many careless things in this ride but... why does ride-Louis think that the best musicians are from the bayou when his entire motivation in the movie was to leave the bayou so that he could play with the greats in New Orleans?

I would ask if these self-proclaimed great "storytellers" actually watched the movie, but they specifically reference a throwaway line about "man-catching beignets".... maybe they fell asleep partway through? :facepalm:

One of the potential lines for the first Louis is something like "Tiana was right! There ARE musicians out here and they really can play!".

In other words, either it's a mistake, the ride line is a mistake, and/or the plot is so thin they didn't really bother to nail down something as simple as whose idea it was to go look in the bayou.

Someone on the team did in fact watch the movie and make it most of the way through; you can tell because there's a chalkboard in the queue where Naveen's job is to cut vegetables. So they at least got to the part where he minces.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
IMG_20240610_192043_589.jpg
"Why am I here? I'm not even in the ride!"

SilentWindODoom

The text says "THE SWEETEST STORY EVER TOLD"
It's a Bing Crosby song

View attachment 790256 (via AI enhancement)
Specifically, it's 2:50 into the song. "For that's the sweetest story ever told"
Interestingly, "the sweetest story ever told" is often used to describe Cinderella, but this specifically is sheet music for the Bing Crosby song, which was released in 1945.

Okay! There it goes! I did think if this wasn't a reference to either movie it felt like it would be a hymn of some sort.

Great video, but man if I was on the ride for the first time (or any time, really) and I had to listen to someone's commentary the entire ride I'd be super annoyed.

It's driving me crazy that he seems very familiar, but I can't place it. She seemed to know him. Or are you referring to the both of them?

since when do pumpkins grow in the bayou though, as brought up in the commentary.

A cursory search says they do grow well in Louisiana. I think she was just thinking about what grew in her grandmother's garden or the ingredients of her grandmother's gumbo. I would have thought them weird too, but as someone else mentioned, Tiana does make Gumbo in one during the film.

I noticed this with multiple animatronics, does the team working on this not know logs get backed up on this ride or what? It's really odd they couldn't figure out some other idle movements...

Weird. The little idle animations in between are as I mentioned. It looks as if she's naturally reacting to the logs go by. But before the first activation, it really does look like she's frozen in stasis. Very, very weird.

I think she does say something at the end, I heard it in one video:

“you’ll get there in no time, guaranteed! (Insert cackle) hang on ya’ll!”

I believe the references were to the final Odie, the one mentioned in the above post.

I mean It's not interesting to me to look at an oversized bottle and a key that look like they belong in a disney store play area, or part of heimleck's chew chew train in DCA.

When I first saw the bottle and key, I lit up. I thought, as Tiana cried out in a panic about us going missing, we saw those two items. I thought they were a nod to Facilier, even though he wasn't there: the bottle of poison he was planning on using to off Charlotte's father after the marriage and the key used to lock Naveen away.

But then I went back to actually check this... and I couldn't actually find any reference to poison or any bottles in his possession at all. And then I couldn't find Naveen actually being locked up. This was a cursory search as I didn't go back to watch the whole thing. Apparently I misremembered a whole lot. I have no idea where I was picking up these bits from. Unless they do indeed appear in the film elsewhere.

Agreed. It doesn't really need expensive AAs. Just the cheaper fillers.

Static figures lurking in the dark with blacklight eyes could go far, giving more without necessitating a figure to fix. But while I'd mentioned earlier how much I'd love to see all the critters before their band appearances... it kinda doesn't work upon further inspection. The opening bends would be a great place to put the possum and turtle and raccoon, but you'll be looking at them while Louis is in view dancing to the very music they'd be playing.

Meanwhile, the one group that does employ this tease is causing a whole lot more confusion. We see the frogs right before the drop. There's a lot of talk about whether or not Tiana, Louis, and/or Mama Odie hear the frog band. But they can't. They're sitting right there betwixt the three of them not playing music.

Funnily enough given the emptiness complaints, the ride is too dense to do this tease, it seems. Unless, that is, the first band appears on the outer portions of the ride and each band appears before the previous one... although that may confuse some as it doesn't lead in right afterward.

Video of Jenifer Lewis singing Dig a Little Deeper while waiting for logs to move on Tiana's Bayou Adventure:

Must have been an INSANE log jam for this to be how far back the line was to disembark. :hilarious:

This is the first POV I've noticed where Tiana is waving at the incoming log before it gets to her, unsure if this just because they are the first log in the cycle , or what.

(but also noticing moments not triggering, Louis didn't react at all in first scene).

That is a cool little thing I haven't seen yet. Is it weird that I really don't mind silently dancing Louis? That might just be down to the fact that, for some reason, the repeating lines have been aligned between Louis and Tiana and I'd prefer this to that.

Is it careless, or did Louis inspire a whole movement? The ride continues the story after the movie.

They're holding the books! Have we seen them yet? I'm hoping there's some gems we can glean from having the story laid out, having it in text.

Honestly, the backstory of the critters and/or Louis's interactions/inspiration could be its own little book. Or perhaps it's a part of the series that was supposed to be out by now. I don't know.

doctornick

Okay, that would be a good premise. Why not something like a brief scene in the queue or right at the beginning of the ride when (say) a cute raccoon AA says "Louis, you are such an inspiration - animals from all over the bayou are now playing instruments and want to come to New Orleans" and Louis responding with a "That's it! we'll wrestle up some critters to perform! That will be our band!"

bwr827

Okay, that would be a good premise. Why not something like a brief scene in the queue or right at the beginning of the ride when (say) a cute raccoon AA says "Louis, you are such an inspiration - animals from all over the bayou are now playing instruments and want to come to New Orleans" and Louis responding with a "That's it! we'll wrestle up some critters to perform! That will be our band!"
I thought detractors were complaining about the story being spoon-fed?

Ice Gator

Because then people would complain "This is Louis's Bayou Adventure, not Tiana's!"

JohnD

This is the first POV I've noticed where Tiana is waving at the incoming log before it gets to her, unsure if this just because they are the first log in the cycle , or what.

(but also noticing moments not triggering, Louis didn't react at all in first scene).

True. But it seemed to miss some audio cues later. Nothing from Louis when you first see him, for example. And Bayou Tiana still looks bored until you come up on her.

duncedoof

I noticed this with multiple animatronics, does the team working on this not know logs get backed up on this ride or what? It's really odd they couldn't figure out some other idle movements...

It must be because of corporate policies or Imagineering compartmentalization. Engineers and animators were fed the lines the characters are supposed to say, and worked with that, and only that. Different groups probably can't talk to each other anymore, and makes it so that no one can supervise the entire thing as one cohesive unit, and leads to everyone working blind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom