News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Surferboy567

……minor correction due to a minor but absolutely adorable 1st class C ticket style ride: Tinker Bell’s Busy Buggies

Springs has 4 rides/attractions
Correct, forgot about the busy buggies. I don’t really like that attraction but it’s cute for the young ones. It also makes my point a little stronger.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

New Orleans-Inspired Treats Galore for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opening at Walt Disney World​

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...galore-for-tianas-bayou-adventure-opening.htm
Disclaimer: Appearance of Photographed offerings will not match end product.

I wish they would show it how it actually is served.

1717507637529.png

ToTBellHop

This was the response on Sunday about the restaurant.
The ride’s early reception has had no impact on this. There was a window for conversion. They waited and the window closed. So there are no plans for anything there at present. I suspect they want to move onto BBT rapidly. Two months of beignets and then we will be seeing Polynesian artisans given expensive contract work for authenticity.

Trauma

Speaking of the YouTube video I just went and checked in on it. I sorted by newest and had to go 37 comments in to find the first positive one.

Actually it’s not totally positive it says “After watching this again it’s not completely terrible”

I took this as good enough since I was sick of scrolling.

So it’s off to another good start today.

Way to go Disney!!

Kirby86

The ride’s early reception has had no impact on this. There was a window for conversion. They waited and the window closed. So there are no plans for anything there at present. I suspect they want to move onto BBT rapidly. Two months of beignets and then we will be seeing Polynesian artisans given expensive contract work for authenticity.
That makes sense them missing the boat. Even if the plans still exist its to late to maximize the investment. In theory you would probably want to open the restaurant before the attraction to first drum up hype for said attraction.

Look at what they did in Disneyland they rethemed The French Market to Tiana's ( Not saying it is or isn't an improvement just that they built out the area for her retheme) and used it as a way to advertise TBA. Here in Disney World we got a new sign on the Briar Patch.

eddie104

Umm... I'm sorry, but this looks EXACTLY like Fantasy Springs. I don't understand the people holding up Fantasy Springs as an ideal that is wished for instead of what we got. Tangled doesn't have conflict. Pan has CGI screens. Everything has a feeling of plasticity to it except for beautiful naturescape. This being done by the same team makes 100% of the sense.
Exactly TBA looks it could have easily been one of the attractions that opened with the land.

Honestly how is this ride any different from any of those rides they built in Fantasy Springs besides the obvious it being a re-theme?

We are not.
I remember when they were planning to open a Tiana restaurant in the Reflections resort.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm awake at 3 am because I'm still thinking about the ride, but after going on it twice, I 100% stand behind every comment I made in the video I posted on Twitter after my first ride.

I respect everyone's opinions in here and I am happy to answer any questions about it since I was able to experience it during the day and at night.

I don't have to avoid spoilers anymore, so I'll be active on here again and will answer any questions anyone wants answered.
It is totally fine that you like it. Why wouldn't it be? You know that. Everyone will have their own opinion.

But that doesn't negate what looks the be the majority opinion out there at the moment. And you know that as well of course. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom