News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

So we’re clear:

Tiana’s central dream in the film is to open her own restaurant, a dream which she achieves and is the culmination of her father’s desire as well.

The imagineers instead gave us a new Tiana, and they couldn’t even deliver on this lay-up?

Oof.
She sold her restaurant for $7.4 million so she could fulfill her actual dream of forming a salt mine band.

Tiana’s Palace is now a Burger King on Bourbon St.

TalkToEthan

The imagineers instead gave us a new Tiana, and they couldn’t even deliver on this lay-up?
Ya, pretty easy thing to get right only to mess it up
IMG_1377.gif

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

So we’re clear:

Tiana’s central dream in the film is to open her own restaurant, a dream which she achieves and is the culmination of her father’s desire as well.

Oof.
This is what baffles me about the whole thing.
The story creators for P&TF, created a great story and characters for the film that ended with the perfect set up for Imagineering to create a restaurant that took that to the next level. They even went so far as to create a scaled down version of it on the Disney Wonder, and it was pretty good.
At WDW, they had the perfect venue in Port Orleans French Quarter to build on that concept.
Somehow, we end up with this new version of Tiana and her new friends, which feels like a cheap Disney Channel spinoff where they try and grow the character in a new direction. I just don't get it.

UNCgolf

I finally watched Beauty and the Beast... I now saw all the complaints people made about trackless rides. The immersive bayou scenes and closeness of it all seems to make this ride far bigger.

Beauty and the Beast is flawed, and absolutely showcases some of the issues with the way Disney designs trackless rides.

I just think it looks more interesting than Tiana -- if I had them side by side and could only pick one to ride, I'd pick Beauty and the Beast.

Last edited:

HonorableMention

I’m curious what B-modes are going to look like in this attraction. If any of the major animatronics go down, there isn’t going to be much to look at. Do we think the characters will just stay motionless? I can’t imagine a video screen solution like we see on Rise and Navi.

As others mentioned, Louis’ mouth was already broken in the wdwmagic video, and Mama Odie seemed to have some weirdness at the end where she repeats the Juju animation. (Not faulting the ride for these obviously as it’s still in previews)

WorldExplorer

I’m curious what B-modes are going to look like in this attraction. If any of the major animatronics go down, there isn’t going to be much to look at. Do we think the characters will just stay motionless? I can’t imagine a video screen solution like we see on Rise and Navi.

As others mentioned, Louis’ mouth was already broken in the wdwmagic video, and Mama Odie seemed to have some weirdness at the end where she repeats the Juju animation. (Not faulting the ride for these obviously as it’s still in previews)

2021-reopening-wdw-epcot-mexico-three-caballeros-plant-donald-scaled.jpg

Instead of a sombrero it'll have a little plate of beignets on top.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I think it needs to be the good old fashioned way of not having it fail in the first place, and if it does, down the ride until its fixed.

HonorableMention

I think it needs to be the good old fashioned way of not having it fail in the first place, and if it does, down the ride until its fixed.
That’s the dream, but unfortunately I can’t ever see that happening :/

Also, I went back to the reveal of the DL animatronics and saw this: wondering where they’ll put this and if anything else will be altered from the WDW version. This presentation looks more visually interesting to me than Tiana on the stump.

IMG_6144.png

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
That’s the dream, but unfortunately I can’t ever see that happening :/

Also, I went back to the reveal of the animatronics and saw this: wondering where they’ll put this and if anything else will be altered from the WDW version. This presentation looks more visually interesting to me than Tiana on the stump.

View attachment 789440
If they're putting her and Louis right before the dip-drop at Disneyland too, that has them putting them roughly where the hitch-hiking crocodile was, since the rest of the area is evac path which I doubt they'd turn into show scene-
Capture.PNG

It's possible they combined them for space purposes.

Incomudro

Yes, I said something to this effect a while back.
The scenes in Tiana's have no composition.
There's nothing going on in them.
It's either a stand alone AA gesticulating at us and spouting exposition, or a cluster of AA critters in a band.
If they're not in motion, there's nothing in the scene - no implied action.
Nearly every scene in Splash was a still shot of an action, complimented by set pieces fleshing it out.

co10064

Premium Member
While I don’t have anything novel to say, I will admit the ride is growing on me. The POV Disney put out is awful compared to the new ones I’ve seen so far this week. In isolation, it seems to have the bones of a very good ride, and could be “fixed” fairly easily (though they won’t).

At a minimum, they could change the dialogue to make the story flow a little better:

Tiana 1 (mill lift hill): “The big party’s tonight, but I’ve been so busy, I forgot about the band. Louis said he knows a few friends down in the bayou who can help. See you there!”

Tiana 4 (before dip drop): “I hear some music coming from inside that log, but we’re too big to see what’s inside.”
Mama Odie (screen): “Then it’s time to think big… and get tiny!”

Mama Odie (screen before lift hill): “The party’s already started, but Juju knows a shortcut to the city. I just gotta grow y’all back to size.”
Mama Odie (first animatronic): “That’s more like it! Now you’ll really make a splash at that party!”

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

New Orleans-Inspired Treats Galore for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opening at Walt Disney World​

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...galore-for-tianas-bayou-adventure-opening.htm

Did not see Disney allowing Chase family to sell Dooky Chase branded spices over slapping their own label on spices, like they are doing with hot sauce. This has to be something that Disney gave up. Congrats to the Chase family!

Honey chicken is not a New Orleans thing, and many of the dishes are more southern and would be at home at Art Smith's as well. That's fine, just call them southern.

Prayers for anyone ordering gumbo to consume outside in the Florida summer heat.

Chantilly cake is great for summer and hopefully is a real treat at Plaza. I've considered before changing from Doberge to Chantilly. 😂

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
While I don’t have anything novel to say, I will admit the ride is growing on me. The POV Disney put out is awful compared to the new ones I’ve seen so far this week. In isolation, it seems to have the bones of a very good ride, and could be “fixed” fairly easily (though they won’t).

At a minimum, they could change the dialogue to make the story flow a little better:

Tiana 1 (mill lift hill): “The big party’s tonight, but I’ve been so busy, I forgot about the band. Louis said he knows a few friends down in the bayou who can help. See you there!”

Tiana 4 (before dip drop): “I hear some music coming from inside that log, but we’re too big to see what’s inside.”

Mama Odie (screen before lift hill): “The party’s already started, but Juju knows a shortcut to the city. I just gotta grow y’all back to size.”
Mama Odie (first animatronic): “That’s more like it! Now you’ll really make a splash at that party!”
Did that take you 5 research trips to New Orleans to develop?

MadderAdder

I think Tiana 1 is too many words and could be missed. But I think, “Louis needs help putting a Bayou band together for tonight’s big party!” Or something similar would help..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom