News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kirby86

It's sort of like how they changed the feeling of the drops in Mission Breakout compared to Tower of Terror. You feel more floaty on MB its less about the sudden drop.
As for why they just didn't destroy Splash and start a Tiana ride from scratch? Budget reasons that would have been way to expensive, demolition is some of the most expensive parts of construction. If you destroy the Mountain and the show building you're not starting at Zero you're starting at negative 100.

MagicHappens1971

It's sort of like how they changed the feeling of the drops in Mission Breakout compared to Tower of Terror. You feel more floaty on MB its less about the sudden drop.
As for why they just didn't destroy Splash and start a Tiana ride from scratch? Budget reasons that would have been way to expensive, demolition is some of the most expensive parts of construction. If you destroy the Mountain and the show building you're not starting at Zero you're starting at negative 100.
Also why bother to demo Splash and start from scratch? This isn't Malestorm to FEA, Splash has plenty of space in the show scenes to accommodate a well done Tiana attraction. If they wanted to start from scratch they would've done a new build elsewhere, not knock down Splash. Either way this killed two birds with one stone for Disney.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; whether or not the retheme is an upgrade or a downgrade, it will attract the same amount of people simply because it’s the water ride of the park.

This is probably true, if it’s hot out we’ll jump on Kali river rapids (which we’re not fans of) just as quickly as we’ll jump on Grizzly River run (which we find amazing).

It’ll likely draw the same number of riders no matter how good/bad it ends up but people will get off with very different feelings about the ride itself depending on the quality.

aladdin2007

To me the most telling thing about the intent is where your eye immediately goes with both versions. For the new version, they don't seem to want guests to focus on the mountain and the drop. Maybe not quite as explicitly as in this concept art, but something along these lines!

View attachment 709484

As for the disjuncture, it makes sense if the sensation is now supposed to be more joyous exhilaration than thrill. For example, if the final lift hill is a colourful, musical journey during which Mama Odie tells you "The secret ingredient is... turmeric! Now, off to the party!" before you go over the drop, it makes sense she's sending you down a pretty waterfall rather than some kind of perilous plunge.
They want you to focus on other things with this whole project,,,,,,, not the ride itself.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Did anyone here attend the GKTW events this weekend where Tony Baxter spoke? Did his remarks at all give us an update on this attraction or his role with it?
Tony left early in the project I believe. Word is his plans for Tiana conflicted with what Disney wanted so he left

MagicHappens1971

You made this claim before in the other thread a while ago, but then went on to say you weren't being serious. Are you being serious this time? Did someone actually ask him?
I can’t speak for this poster, but it was pretty common knowledge from the start of this project that he was going to be very lightly involved. Most people thought it was a PR move to save face with diehard parks fans

Tha Realest

I can’t speak for this poster, but it was pretty common knowledge from the start of this project that he was going to be very lightly involved. Most people thought it was a PR move to save face with diehard parks fans
All I know is he’s not been seen in any of the promotional trips or videos shown, nor has he made any public comments about it in the last year or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom